Universal The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth (by Nicalis, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ojtitus, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    if money is not a issue double dip hell i triple dipped LOL, PS4,PC and IOS now.

2. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    prob one of the best touch controls ive used since Minigore 1+2 if not better.

and it uses blue tooth controller if you got one and its console perfect than, the touch controls work great if your a seasoned touch veteran, the auto fire in the last direction you fired is awesome.

3. gvegas66

gvegas66 Active Member

Jan 11, 2017
    Well if you get it on Xbone and like it you can get the Afterbirth expansion:D

4. waymoreblues

waymoreblues Active Member

Feb 11, 2016
    This may be a stupid question, but is there any way to get a closer look at "Stuff I Found"??

5. oftheheavens

oftheheavens Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2009
    I thought it was an "RPG" element

I don't understand how it is an RPG of any kind when you die so much and can't keep anything you find. Am I missing something?

6. pka4916

pka4916 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
  7. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    #147 Dailon80, Jan 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  8. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    It is a roguelike/lite with permanent death in which you might unlock new stuff to find on other runs.

RPG is a loose term anyways.

9. onebigdoor

onebigdoor Active Member

Sep 23, 2012
    Hudson Valley, NY
    it's funny that i didn't blink when i bought a $50 mifi controller that i never use. i suppose $15 just to justify that purchase is a deal! never played this one, looking forward to seeing what all the fuss is about.

10. spizak

spizak Active Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Had to give it 1 star at app store review. The controls and how floaty the character feels with touch controls is just unplayable for me. Coming from Enter the Gungeon (pc) and Neon Chrome (mainly ios) i hate how the controls here feel. It's better with mfi, but i would warn people that look for "responsive" (neon chrome like) shooter.

Don't get me wrong - i don't mind the price (as a designer i often speak on how mobile games are way too cheap etc) and if the controls are like this on desktop (floaty) and you like it - that's cool. I don't.

11. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Seems a bit unfair to rate a game that way. The controls and movement are how the game is meant to be. It may not be to your liking but that's not a failure of the game itself. It's like rating Final Fantasy 1 star because the battles are turn-based but I prefer real-time battling.

12. touchy85

touchy85 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2015
    Not really, because the controls for the PC version feel more responsive and less floaty than the iOS version. The difference is not big enough to justify a 1 star review though.

13. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    I don't agree, they feel rock solid on iOS, but maybe it's just me.

14. spizak

spizak Active Member

Jul 23, 2010
    No, it's not. I'm not arguing if this was intentional design decision - it was just surprising to me when i tried to play the game and that is my review of that as there's no mentioning of this - with game mechanics like turn based game you can get that information, so it's very different.

15. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

No it is not just you, they are rock solid and I have this game on every system I own.

16. ItouchBrett

ItouchBrett Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Actually he's right. The controls are very floaty. It wasn't how they are meant to be. I have over 1000 hours on BOI AND Have platinum god unlocked. I have collected everything there is to get. The controls are decent on iOS. However the floatyness needs to be fixed. It needs to be way tighter. Every little touch matters. On the PC version of you were to quickly press the left key(to go left) for an instant there is a tiny bit of delay. That is how the deck created it. Every movement could be life or death. The controls here are to clumsy. They may have tried their best but I'm sure they could update this and make it a little better. As far as performance is concerned I'm a little disappointed. I have a iPhone SE and with certain enemies their projectiles severely are choppy. Even montros animation is a tad laggy. This has to be fixed quickly so long time fans can have the same feel as PC version. Compared to PSvita I'd say go with iOS. That port sucks. I already beat it lives 5 times in a row since I bought it. Haven't died once. But I'm a veteran. I would feel sad for first time era playing this game on iOS. Fix the controllers and the bit of lag and it's easy 6/5 stars.

17. spizak

spizak Active Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Very floaty on mfi - very very very floaty with touch controls.

I know now the game is like that, but just be aware of this.

18. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Still don't agree. "Floaty" is pretty subjective. I wouldn't rate Sonic The Hedgehog 1 star because the jumping physics are different from Super Mario Bros. Would also be curious how much time you spent playing before you gave up, most everyone in this thread that has stated thinking the controls were weird just needed to spend some time with them before warming up.

19. spizak

spizak Active Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Never played pc version, just reviewing how the ios feels for me. Hate it.

20. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    I agree. They have been perfect for me.

I hope I get better so I can unlock other characters.