Universal The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth (by Nicalis, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ojtitus, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Randomname270

Randomname270 New Member

Jul 6, 2015
    This might be a long shot, but does anybody know how well this runs on iPad 4?

2. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    As someone who does enjoy dual stick shooters like Solomon's Keep but didn't enjoy Wayward Souls, Neon Chrome nor Leap of Faith because I thought they were really repetitive, do you think I would enjoy this?

The reason I enjoyed Solomon's Keep was because the powers were interesting and enjoyed leveling up my character whereas the others I mentioned I saw no incentive for repeat playthroughs.

3. ItouchBrett

ItouchBrett Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Probably not well my man.

4. Jenohart

Jenohart Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2010
    Australia
    Okay I wanna say this.

If you're coming here to ask how it is as a port then ask away since that's an important decision for a premium console port like this.

But if you're here because you've never heard of the game before and want to know what it is, there are other better places to answer your questions. The game is 3 years old now (6 if you count the original game), if you just wanna know what sort of game it is without any regard to how the port fares then you should look at the plethora of reviews and gameplay videos that have been released in that long period of time.

Not meaning to be rude, just sayin' you'd be better off searching "binding of isaac rebirth" on youtube to get an idea of what this game is. Your favorite Let's Player probably played it at some point.

5. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Does this support moving / shooting in ALL directions ? Or is it a linear "4-direction" type of control scheme?

Was hard to tell from videos.

6. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    "4-Direction".

7. redicius

redicius Active Member

May 8, 2014
    The game looks great, but the shooting is "meh". Dont like it much :-/ (4 direction shooting)

8. somedumbgamer

somedumbgamer Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Bought and downloaded.

I hate everyone

9. JimmyFF

JimmyFF Active Member

Apr 6, 2016
    #129 JimmyFF, Jan 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
    Finally!

Agree.
    Beat mom's heart on third run = controls works perfect.

10. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Yeah I was on the fence until I found out it was "4-direction" shooting. Totally kills it for me.

Enjoy your game everyone, it def. has a big fan base but not for me.

11. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    i believe there is a power up that gives you multi directional shots. what is cool with the controls for ios is that whatever direction you fired in last will auto fire that direction as you move than you can switch directions on the fly that way you are moving and firing same time. when you shoot you will see why you only need 4 directions some power ups do some wild stuff with your shots. Hell there is a powerup that gives you a giant tear ball and you cant fire it you have to use the analog stick to control it and it goes 360 degrees. some of the bullets/tears will home in if a guy is a diagonal a bit.

go on youtube and watch a crazy run someone makes you will see how crazy this game gets.

12. wigzisonfire

wigzisonfire Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2012
    Art Director
    London
    It actually really is! I have racked up hundreds of hours with this on steam! I remember thinking I wouldn't like it back then but just gave it a punt from all the gushing reviews!

And when I first played it, I almost instantly ditched it as I wasn't instantly impressed!

BUT!

As you (very quickly) accept that you can only shoot in straight directions, the gameplay becomes super addictive. That's when the insane replay ability comes in!

It becomes like a drug addiction, trying to hunt that classic OP God Run, when you manage to chance upon the ultimately stackable upgrades!

And it still is super fun trying to deal with a bad run and unlocking new upgrades!

Seriously, the mobile market will never understand the price tag as most games are as deep as a shallow puddle in the street.

But this game could be a lifer on your home screen and would never outstay its welcome!

13. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    I just got a power up in which I shot on diagonal.

14. GUILTIE

GUILTIE Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2011
    #134 GUILTIE, Jan 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
    Any way to sync the save with the PC version?

Also I am a noob to this game. It seems very complex in terms of what items do and secrets. Do you recommend looking up guides or just winging it and learning what items do?

15. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    How in the world do you bypass the App Store restriction to install on an unsupported iOS?

16. gvegas66

gvegas66 Active Member

Jan 11, 2017
    Can you use an external keyboard to control for iPad?

17. mj132

mj132 Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2013
    United Kingdom
    Thinking about getting this but just got an xbox one over christmas so now trying to decide getting it on IOS or maybe double dipping and getting it on both.

I'm not worried about the price, but it's not normally my type of game but everyone says good things about so thinking about giving it a go, just not sure which is the best platform to try it on first

18. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Earlier I made a comment about what I thought the touch control settings were, and need to admit I got it completely wrong, and the above statement is correct.
    I will add that half of my comment had at least some truth though! As you can press just outside the controller animation and it will still register. It seems the press zone is in the lower quarters of the screen. And that's for both settings, so it allows you to drop your fingers almost anywhere and it will register.

19. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    the only guide you will find is wiki guides on what the power ups do all the secret walls and stuff are randomized. imo this ruins the game cause its more fun to figure out yourself as you play as some powerups stack with each other for added effects.

20. AlexanderHamilton

AlexanderHamilton Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2016
    How are the controls?