Universal The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth (by Nicalis, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ojtitus, Jan 11, 2017.

1. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Haha thanks and appreciate the feeling. I feel like half the fun will be figuring it all out.

For the "challenges"....are those something that get unlocked? Does each one give you a different weapon.

2. Occupied

Occupied Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2013
    It is indeed a lot of fun figuring it out on your own.I would recommend avoiding that site unless you absolutely need to look something up.

Yeah, you'll unlock more challenges as you progress. Each one has a different theme/ build and completing them unlocks consumables or items. Some of them are very fun, some are very difficult.

3. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Controls are perfect. Love the auto shoot. Won't be as accurate as with a controller or pc but it's beautifully done. An amazing game 10/10 and port

4. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Well, i played for an hour and i slowly get the hang of the controls/characters movement.
    They work...ok/fine...but nowhere to perfect, nowhere near enough for me.
    Well, it's an Each to his Own affair, i guess.

The game offers an incredible amount of stuff and i can see me get lost in it for many, many hours. And it's difficult when you start. Finding out stuff is also very welcomed, in this case.

Glad i took the plunge.

5. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Count me in as one who screamed insta buy then realized my account can't handle it hahaha that's cuz I spend way too much on App Store
    Oh well I will have it in a week one way or another
    Metal casket thanks for your early review I usually look to your reviews to aid in my decision when it comes to a game I'm not familiar with and this one just has always appealed to me. I love dual shooters and rogue likes and this just seems to be done well. Looking forward now that' it's out to seeing some gameplay videos in meantime

6. athros

athros Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    DevOps
    Colorado
    You've basically nailed the game: Twin Stick Shooter with roguelike elements tacked on (procedural generation, item identification) and Legend of Zelda (the first Legend of Zelda) style rooms. It did add the persistent unlocks for paying through the game multiple times, unlocks for achievements and so on. The themes are "dark" and "edgy" and that's what drove the original hype with the game (NO ONE IS DOING THIS STUFF!)

You're not seeing much else because there isn't much else for folks to cover.

7. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Ludka33 I will add too it has 500+ hours of gameplay my god that easily makes the price fair plus add the other facts about it
    It's a cult classic

8. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    I could be wrong.... but wasn't this THE twin stick shooter that started the genre going. You wouldn't be plying Neon Chrome, Feral Fury, etc without this game happening.

The game has had a plethora of new coats of paint slapped on it as well. It runs smooth and without bugs. The content...... ****load of enemies, room types, items, pill cards, endings.... there is more content in this game than any of its type with the exception of Enter the Gungeon.

Once again.... stop whining about $15 / hype and start murdering things with bodily fluids. The only warning I would give for this is that the content is a bit edgy, google it and see if you will be offended or not.

Anyone know what the touch control 1 / 2 does?

9. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    For someone new to the game.... should I be doing the challenges or just playing "normal"?

10. ludka33

ludka33 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2013
    Okie dokie!

To be clear, I have no issues paying premium price for a premium game. I'm afraid I just don't think this will be one of them. I'll put my 15 bucks towards something more to my style. I'm glad you guys got your port, though! Enjoy your game. I know it's been a long time in coming!

11. athros

athros Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    DevOps
    Colorado
    I'm debating it myself, and I have no issues with the price either. I have it on PC, and it was played for a while before I shelved it so I don't know if it's going to be worth it for me to pick it up on iOS.

12. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    There's nothing wrong with that. Different people, different taste.

I am enjoying a lot what I see.

13. TheSop

TheSop Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2016
    Does this game support Game Center?

14. Seiza616

Seiza616 Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2012
    What do all think the liklihood is that an IOS 8 and 9 version will be released sometime in the near future? From what I remember, I thought they did a beta for this versions in addition to one for IOS 10.

I am currently playing the IOS 9 version using the instructions that we listed earlier in this thread. However, it would be nice to be using a fully supported version.

15. maregasbvakija

Oct 1, 2012
    2-Player local co-op (MFi Controller required)

Why not local wifi? :/

16. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I sincerely think it won't happen with this one. If they couldn't get it fully working in the beginning, I don't think it's worth putting efforts and resources towards it. If the game worked flawlessly in old hardware, it might be worth it towards achieving more sales in old devices, but BoI needs new hardware to work smoothly. It's the same as with Hitman Sniper: soft launch versions worked on iOS 7.1.2, but release version went to iOS 8+, and it never went back to older iOS.

17. Derprozess

Derprozess Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2012
    Engineer
    I would LOVE to see a local wifi update ( maybe Devs will find a second to find if it's possible?)

Man, with all due respect -- you don't like it, so you won't play it; it's like you said, a simple game -- it's just happened to have already 5 hours of fun playing it, and I don't regret my purchase.

18. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    Did they tone down the difficulty a bit to adjust for touchscreen controls like they did in Neon Chrome (which might be my favorite TS shooter on iOS so far)?

19. bossjaja

bossjaja Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2015
    United States
    #119 bossjaja, Jan 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
    You know, sometimes I really wonder why iOS doesn't get more quality premium games with no IAP.

Then I look at certain posts in this thread ("WHY ISN'T THIS A DOLLAR THIS IS THE WORST THING EVER") and it alllllll makes sense :rolleyes:

By the way, for whoever asked about Touch Control 1 and Touch Control 2, 1 = Analog, 2 = No Analog. That's from Tyrone on twitter. Basically, analog mode it just gives you the ability to move more slowly if you slightly move the control pad, instead of jist running at full speed all the time.

20. MintCity

MintCity Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2016
    I agree that it is a well-done port of a great game. I'm impressed with the polish of it. I respect the game and it's fans. However, the price tag is on-par with the game's other iterations on different platforms that offer (admittedly) better controls. If you want Isaac on the go, you can get this or the Vita version. I just feel that this would have been more accessible at a $10 price tag. People who have never played Binding of Isaac might be hesitant to try it. All in all, we need to support quality premium games on mobile in some way, be it by word of mouth or purchasing the game. These are just my opinions and thoughts and I respect the ones said before me!:)