Universal The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth (by Nicalis, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ojtitus, Jan 11, 2017.

1. AsgerJ

AsgerJ Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    From 14 pro

Attached Files:

2. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    #1022 VirtualBoyFreak, Jul 28, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2023
    I have an iPhone 12 and it looks in the same way. They’ve fixed the “full screen” from the 6-yr old version because the image reaches the top and bottom margins of the phone. What they haven’t done is adapted the image to use all the screen of the phone. In other words, it’s more or less as if they had changed from 4:3 to 16:9. That’s probably the reason why on iPad it has black bars on the top & bottom of the screen. Anyway, I’ll try the game and see how it goes, but no way I’m spending 40 bucks on the DLC. I still have to play the Castlevania DLC from Dead Cells, which I think will give me much more satisfaction than this one.

EDIT: played a bit and can’t cope with fixed twin sticks. There’s two touch modes: mode 1 uses the right stick to shoot while you’re touching and when you stop touching it stops shooting; mode 2 leaves shooting active until you touch the right stick in another direction. But none of the modes have floating sticks as other games do. It surely has support for gamepads (still have to try mine tho), but I’m not carrying my gamepad everywhere, so I’d appreciate a more elaborate touch input than the one we have.

AsgerJ likes this.
  3. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Yeah, regarding the attached pic, it was clear from the initial iOS update tease on Twitter that the game was never going to be full screen on iOS. The little Game Center icon was indication of that. I get it though. It’s a shame, but what can you do?

4. Chq

Chq Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2013
    The Binding of Customers: Lost

5. AltsKev

AltsKev Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2016
    Male
    Developer
    i won't buy any dlc at this price with no full screen support in 2023....

Games more complicated than this one is full screen...

6. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    What they should do is make it so the black bars has the sticks that would work better. Its still playable i beat it again with touch controls. I use the autofire mode also. I do miss the floating sticks.

Anotherkellydown and AltsKev like this.
  7. Wall Jump Games

Wall Jump Games Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2020
    Male
    No shot I would ever spend £55 on a phone game, there a just too many good options at such cheap prices on mobile. Haven’t played Isaac at all, and would’ve wanted it on mobile if it was affordable, but instead it is MORE expensive than on PC and Console.

Hopefully this gets a + release one day. Probably won’t, but even though this update sucks, it would be a huge value add and I’d get to play it.

8. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    There’s no chance this will ever get a + release. If Dead Cells had to be stripped of blood to get on Apple Arcade…yeah, Isaac’s got a mother trying to kill her child, Satan, poop…need I say more?

The content IS worth the asking price. This is a game that lasts LITERALLY hundreds of hours. It’s just that the port isn’t. :(

Realistically, the perfect solution to everything we’re complaining about (considering fullscreen won’t happen) are pretty borders on the sides (look at how much that improved Super Meat Boy Forever, for example) and an option for floating controls, as well as enabling controls on the borders (black or not).

VirtualBoyFreak likes this.
  9. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    I’d be perfectly fine with this but, let’s face it, these devs aren’t the most responsive people. They have a great game but put themselves on a pedestal. Not a single update in 6 years and only now because they have DLC to sell? I am doubtful we’ll ever see another update.

nickhoola and VirtualBoyFreak like this.
  10. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I completely agree, and I’d love if we were proven wrong.

11. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    Hahahha MC but you got me. I am very persistent about asking people to fix stuff constantly. ive seen awp on tyrones twitter and what he has said.

Tyrone reads the tweets and responds ive sent stuff to him and nicalis both about these issues. Mainly we want full screen option, floating sticks , portrait mode option. He did mention no full screen but putting the sticks on the black sides would be the best option.

12. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

Yes, it would be playable if the control stick would extend into the border. There’s nothing more frustrating than dying because you slid off the input area. This game’s already hard enough.

13. Ghostdog1

Ghostdog1 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    I play this (full set bought) with a xbox controller since release on my ipad and I have to take back all criticism I have written before.

I don‘t mind anymore the black bars (16:9). I don‘t mind anymore seeing the score (because you can make it disappear when you change to mini map).

The new content, the new synergies are so plenty and so genius I will never look back to the old version. It also runs much faster, what makes the game sometimes harder, but it‘s meant to be like this. It is a very good port that should be played with a controller.

In my lifetime I have never seen a game with so much perfectly designed synergies. The possibilities seem really endless. For me the full package is the best Top Down Shooter of all time.

14. AsgerJ

AsgerJ Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Has anyone found a way to restore purchases? The DLC menu is gone for me.

15. Brightsiderus

Brightsiderus Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2017
    IMG_4014.jpeg
    It’s in the start menu

16. AsgerJ

AsgerJ Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    But that disappears, in repentance, right?

17. Brightsiderus

Brightsiderus Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2017
    Right

AsgerJ likes this.
  18. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Can I check please as I don’t know enough about the expansions

so are these like more ‘chapters’ ? Like a seperate game ? So on the main menu you can then see the other expansions ?

tempted to buy them just wanted to know more

19. Lull4by

Lull4by Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    More items, characters, environments and some items would be buffed or nerfed to be more balancing, basically if you like the rebirth version, then just get all dlcs at once.

psj3809 likes this.
  20. AsgerJ

AsgerJ Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    The game was already pretty huge, but it’s ginormous with the DLC’s