Universal The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth (by Nicalis, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ojtitus, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    I wonder if we delete it and redl will maybe work, i think its something else , i also noticed when it opened before dlc it was smoother in frames . Bought repentance it slowed down.

2. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Oh, you had the previous version downloaded already? I’ll chime in once the fresh install finishes. I’m certain this didn’t have cloud saving.

3. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Tried a new save file and still don’t see full screen. Will wait to hear if a fresh install makes a difference.

4. Delusionaltool

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    yeah i had rebirth on here since it released. I know tyrone had it running full screen in streams it was not small. I swear its some issue with the old ios rebirth configuration ini. Try it no dlc see if its smooth, it should be running fast on newer devices. Feels 30 fps like the old version.

5. anthony78

Nov 13, 2015
    Ended up deleting and doing a fresh install. Same results. Hopefully it is a bug and gets sorted out because not even using the black space for controls makes this no better than the original version as it is.

6. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Not fullscreen on XS either, and I can't really say I care because the controls haven't changed at all. I mean, clearly some work has gone into this port and it's not just a case of the DLC being added and calling it a day (since the game no longer has the impossible-to-play portrait orientation anymore). I don't know if I defended iOSaac back in the day, but yeah, seriously, I wish I just picked this up back in the day on Steam or Switch or...anything other than iOS really. :(

7. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    No full screen on iPhone 13 Pro (latest ios) either...
    Even Portrait was something off the equation I always "like" that was there for a 10 min run...
    Don't know...
    All this waiting...
    The huge file size...
    The "console" price of the DLCs...
    ...makes me think that I have already enough TBOI in my life...
    Maybe I can take my medicine dose from the Steam version here and there...
    Not sure about this version anymore...
    Still on the verge but not sure...
    Hmmm...

psj3809 likes this.
  8. Ghostdog1

Ghostdog1 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    #1008 Ghostdog1, Jul 27, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2023
    Did anyone try to sync the game progress of the old version with the new one? Or do I have to unlock everything again after buying the dlc?

I can answer this question myself now. The sync button for uploading and downloading game progress is gone. So I have to start from the beginning.

But….. and this is a big BUT!!!
    On ipad the game is no longer full screen. It has on top and bottom huge black bars. I really don‘t understand why they changed the screen size for ipad. In the old version it did fit perfectly in the ipad screens. Now everything is just small. No way I will buy the DLC when the game is this bad optimized. I played till today the old version on my ipad air, so I’m a bit shocked.

9. Delusionaltool

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    I think it may be a bugged release. I watched the stream tyrone had it was full screen ran smooth like butter. I wonder if they released the wrong distro. I know it’s something like this. He even said it. Apple released wrong version of the final.

10. anthony78

Nov 13, 2015
    If it’s the wrong version, I’m surprised they haven’t made a statement about it on Twitter.

I wonder what iPhone they were using on the stream? I was wondering if there’s some setting for screen size based on device and maybe it wasn’t set correctly for all of the models that needed it. I’m using an iPhone 13 Pro Max.

11. Delusionaltool

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    #1011 Delusionaltool, Jul 27, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2023
    Im just going to eat crow on this i was mistaken possibly high my bad. Tyrone said this is it. It does have bt controller support either way. Repentance on my phone is pretty cool either way.

needs some patches for optimization, non stuck floating sticks, portrait is missed, full screen maybe some day . Should just be a menu option or make black boarders less wide.

12. Jackaluk

Jackaluk Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Gone backwards massively on the iPad. Wow, soooo not worth the wait!

13. Brightsiderus

Brightsiderus Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2017
    Wait another six years for patches and optimization. Maybe they’ll manage to do it right in 2029.

solarnya and VirtualBoyFreak like this.
  14. Ghostdog1

Ghostdog1 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    #1014 Ghostdog1, Jul 28, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2023
    I bought the full package despite my critic. I play with a controller so I don‘t have the problem with the non stuck floating stick. It‘s very weird how the gamma works now. After buying the full set the gamma was much too high and I had to set it down to about 60 to have the feeling of the original Isaac.

For ipad I have 3 wishes:
    1. Please make it fullscreen again
    2. Please give us the option to not show the score, because for me that‘s not what the game is about and it destroys all fun seeing the score running down with every second.
    3. Please move the time up to the top of the screen, because together with the score the view to the upper door is blocked.

For me it seems they were so focused on the iphone version to the point that they forgot there are ipads that need other screen size optimization. But as I see in the forum here they even messed up the iphone version. Yeah Isaac is crying for real today.

15. Lull4by

Lull4by Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    IMG_0133.jpeg

Okay I would stay with my Steam Deck to play the game, bye bye iOSaac!

LasagneMan likes this.
  16. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    1. No full screen
    2. iPad display gone backwards
    3. No more vertical mode which actually worked well enough on large phones imo and was a handy mode to have.
    Seems zero optimisation, only backwards.

Oh, but expansions released at full price. Yay

Such a great update, I’ve deleted the game entirely.

17. solarnya

solarnya Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2015
    Male
    Close to Tokyo, Japan
    I was expecting its update.
    And it's realized in a bad way for me.

They haven't implemented Japanese language unlike old version with this update.
    Also it's quite expensive and black bars on the screen, dev never think they try to fix them and they don't seem they're humble.

I have deleted whole game from my device.

18. AsgerJ

AsgerJ Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Anyone know the difference for Touch mode
    1 and 2?

19. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I’m not a hardcore fan of this game. I like twin stick shooters and I don’t mind this one.

Don’t care that portrait has gone as I never personally used that. Don’t mind the score is showing

shame it’s not full screen but I’ve got over 1000 games on my phone and some old favourites aren’t full screen which.I don’t mind.

but yeah underwhelming update really after all the hype and delays

AsgerJ likes this.
  20. LasagneMan

LasagneMan Member

Sep 6, 2021
    Male
    Anyone with a 13 Pro can show what the black bars and controls on the screen are like now? Haven't bought the game yet and now debating if I should bother. Especially as I was actually looking forward to using the portrait mode occasionally.