Universal The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth (by Nicalis, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ojtitus, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    So I just deleted my (version 1) iOS 9 Isaac and force installed the iOS 10 version (1.1) on to my iOS 9.1.1 jailbroken phone. And the good news is it works better than the old iOS 9 version (1) even if played on iOS 9....this is getting confusing. There are certainly less bugs if any (yet). Anyway, what I'm really saying is I'm not sure why they released for iOS 10 only. I am however experiencing a fair bit of battery drain regardless of the version I play (1 or 1.1)

2. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    #82 Delusionaltool, Jan 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
    for people mad about 15.00 this is a console quality aaa title. it is the same game you play on there and it costs the same amount on there. This is no lite version so much content to be had i am blown away this is not just some ios port it runs and looks better than the vita and 3ds versions the controls are perfect. its the complete game not just pieces of it.

yes hes supposed to be floaty wait till you encounter some later enemies they are fast and these controls are on point. your dude auto fires in the directions you last fired that is really helpful if you want to stop firing just tap the right side of the screen. there is 2 control schemes in the options menu check em out looks to be one static and one floaty analog sticks.

to not ruin the fun dont use a wiki when playing , the game is more fun getting powers/items that may or may not effect how you play the game in that run , an item that you think can help you can hinder you and it is all random all of it.

for new people playing some pointers, this game combines the legend of zelda and rouge likes and is unlike anything you have prob ever played. you can use bombs to destroy rocks, kettles, and there is even secret walls so blow up walls you might think could be a secret room on the other side. you can drop a bomb and shoot at it to move it across the room the direction you are shooting.

god 11/10 bravo Tyrone and Ed and thanks for the sneak release DEFF did not see that coming.

3. Occupied

Occupied Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2013
    That is great to hear. Did you use IPA Installer to force install it? Is the app icon the same as 1.0?

4. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Yes I used IPA installer. And yes the app icon is different. I didn't actually notice that until you mentioned it now.. The version 1 app icon is a black and white pencil style drawing, the version 1.1 which I now have is the same icon used for this thread title.

5. Occupied

Dec 28, 2013
    #85 Occupied, Jan 11, 2017
    I had a feeling the icon would change so I backed up the original. I like the pencil one quite a bit.

edit: Got 1.1 installed on 9.3.3, seems pretty flawless so far. About to fire it up attached to a DS4 using Controllers for All

6. Derprozess

Derprozess Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2012
    Engineer
    I've purchased it for my iPad Air; graphics are as on other platforms (I've watched many YouTube videos waiting for this iOS version), a bit pixelated (as they supposed to be). Controls are just fine, after one hour I'm already used to them. It's all I could have wanted to be: die, die and die once more, 1% frustration and 99% fun (I know after a while will be 99% frustration and 1% something, but I'm not there yet and I'm not in a hurry at all :)

7. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    Downloading now...#
    It's as you said fun....
    Until you get that crappy power combination and died on last boss hahaha
    I spen like 400 h on steam a 100 on new 3ds

8. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    #88 Talbs, Jan 11, 2017
    Touch mode 1 - you must be touching in the designated controller pad area of run and aim (I think it's both but it's definitely for run direction anyway).

Touch mode 2 - you can touch anywhere on what seems like the left side of the screen for run direction and right side of screen for shooting. So this is kind of like floating controllers. However the on screen control outline remains in its position and mimics what you are doing, if that makes sense. I prefer this control scheme as I feel you need to be less precise about your initial touch placement and can just drag your finger from wherever you landed.

Edit: ignore above, it's completely wrong.

9. ItouchBrett

ItouchBrett Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Different games. There are so many unlockabkes in this game and ever run is different. It's a dark type of game with references to bible verses. Even the item names are religious somewhat. Sometimes you can have completely OP runs and beat the game so fast. Other times it's harder. Every room is different and the bosses can get very hard. This is just scratching the surface.

10. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Thanks! Touch mode 2 is what I was looking for! :)

11. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    I'm "pretty nervous" to fire up the game after reading all sorts of comments on the controls, especially the "he's supposed to be float-y" part. 8 years of intensive ios gaming tought me that floating was hardly ever a good thing, for my likings.
    Having no sensitivity slider doesn't help either. Some folks around here know that i'm not a price-complainer at all, but holy cow, i could expect a slider option for this price.

I'll report back how i feel about these controls.

PS: i'm very surprised to see the full name under the icon.

Insta-buyer proof, lol, as someone wrote ealier...

Attached Files:

12. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Just finished my first run with Azazel in which he was very overpowered. Are there many endings?

13. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    16 on stats page

14. Dankrio

Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Thanks!

So I will be replaying a lot, it seems.

Very cool game so far.

15. speedyph

speedyph 🌊🌊🌊🏃🏃😂😂😂⚡️⚡️⚡️

Feb 3, 2013
    How do U do that I can't figure it out how do u do it on a iPad I don't have a computer ?

16. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Loving so far. I just wish I knew what everything meant/did.

Great combination of Feral Fury and Towelfight2.

Looking forward to playing more and figuring it all out. Amazing premium game.

17. Mince0

Mince0 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    It's not playing the prologue for me, I just go straight to the basement, I have turned prologue on in settings but still no luck ??!

Anyone else missing the intro cutscene?

18. allister5

allister5 Member

Jan 6, 2015
    Hey developers, wondering how the controls would be on the Apple TV version? Will a game controller be needed?

19. Dankrio

Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    It is before you start new game, after credits start rolling.

20. Occupied

Dec 28, 2013
    Enjoy that while you can! I wish I could go back to when I had no idea what each items does. Such an awesome feeling figuring stuff out.

If you need to look stuff up, there is http://platinumgod.co.uk , just make sure you have it set to Rebirth so it isn't showing Afterbirth/ + items.