Universal The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth (by Nicalis, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ojtitus, Jan 11, 2017.

1. se99jmk

se99jmk Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2010
    Hands down, best game on iOS - yes, it's expensive, totally worth it for the amount of hours sink into it!

Fantastic replay value!!

Any news if Afterbirth is coming?!

-------

Have defeated Mega Satan, and all characters unlocked (inc. The Lost) - not done any Hard mode yet, still got challenges to finish, and defeat bosses with more characters.. lots to go yet!

2. Occupied

Occupied Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2013
    Is there a 100% save file out there? I have 1,000,000% on PC and 1001% on PS4, but I can't seem to motivate myself to grind out RPG just to do a few Eden runs on my phone.

Would anyone be kind enough to upload their RPG save file?

3. se99jmk

Mar 1, 2010
    Has there been any news at all on Afterbirth for iOS?

(Apparently Legend of Bumbo - a prequel match-4 game - is coming in December..)

4. triwolf

triwolf Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Sep 5, 2012
    People have asked the devs on Twitter multiple times and they never answer...

5. ioso

ioso Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2017
    Male
    What is difference between Touch Mode 1 and 2?

6. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    I think the difference is that one of the modes automatically keeps shooting in the last direction aimed (auto fire).

7. archinerate

archinerate Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2014
    Removed from the app store.

Also removed from purchase list so no way to download it again.

8. se99jmk

Mar 1, 2010
    Odd, I wonder why it was removed... after all, it still works!

9. archinerate

Jan 23, 2014
    It is sooo disappointing... They could at least leave the app for people who purchasedit before. I’m going to buy a new iPad soon and i will lose it forever.

10. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    I’m in the exact same boat as you unfortunately, however, this may be just the incentive I need to download it with all Expansions on PS4 and do it all over again.

11. Skall

Skall Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2009
    that s a very bad news... I bought full price and did not spend much time on it... very very frustrating and so many games keep disappearing nowadays....

12. bx59

bx59 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2016
    Very frustrating indeed. Maybe TA can write an article about it and ask Nicalis about what’s happening since I don’t think they reply to individual attempts (based on my many messages on fb & mails to them about iPhone X support and no answers).

archinerate and djstout like this.
  13. archinerate

Jan 23, 2014
    I am expecting an article as well. I asked the devs from twitter but no response so far.

bx59 likes this.
  14. pathogen541

pathogen541 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2016
    #774 pathogen541, Dec 25, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2018
    Wtf does Ed not give a f*** about what other platforms he’s released this on? Why was it pulled? Wtf. Another of my favorites gone. Hopefully it’ll spring back up at some point

15. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Was thinking about getting this last week, thank god I never did. This will continue to happen as long as apple doesn’t take iOS gaming seriously. There needs to be some quality control (prevent devs from pulling apps, force devs to update for at least 5 iOS versions etc)

16. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    I don’t think that there are any game platforms that prevent developers or publishers from “pulling” their IP. I would personally never sign a contract that requires me to keep an IP I own available for purchase or download forever.

There’s a big difference between selling a game (Steam, console marketplaces, etc.) and publishing a game. Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft do both; Apple only sells, and has little or no control over availability of IP they do not own or license.

TicTac likes this.
  17. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Fair enough, but surely there must be a reason why this doesn’t happen on steam. Maybe it does but I have never seen a game that’s pulled from steam out of the blue. As an alternative perhaps apple can offer some incentives to get developers to update apps instead of pulling them, since apple loves to push us to update iOS.

18. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Agreed on the incentive — that’s a great idea. BTW, here’s the Steam page about removing apps from the store:

https://partner.steamgames.com/doc/store/retire_app

Apple should provide similar advice to developers.

TicTac likes this.
  19. achilles1984

achilles1984 Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2011
    bx59 likes this.
  20. achilles1984

achilles1984 Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2011
    This. I dont understand why they have to remove it from the purchase history. I can only imagine that they dont want to pay the apple fee for developers. And the Apple TV support which they advertised? Never came. I wont by anything from this developer again.