Universal The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth (by Nicalis, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ojtitus, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    ouch. i was on -23 lose streak before i funny beat mom. keep at it though this game is really fun

2. Greatgoat

Greatgoat Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    No Isaac for Apple TV?

3. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    I really don't get all the hype for this, the controls (at least the virtual ones) are horrible and totally imprecise, they ruined all the fun for me.

4. raravan

raravan Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
    ok. ;)

5. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Keep at it. I felt the same and then all of a sudden it clicked. It was like unraveling a thread where I started unlocking character after character.....and this was after failing miserably.

The only one I still need to unlock is Judas. I could have sworn that I've beaten Satan, but guess not.

Stay with it. Loving this as each play through is so different and have to change up play style depending on pick ups. After all the runs I've played, I'm still finding new items each time.

6. npierce93

npierce93 Member

Jun 10, 2016
    I realize this is the iPhone forum but I can't find an answer anywhere else. Is there any chance this game is going to be released on android? Thanks.

7. kaelendiaz

kaelendiaz Member

Nov 21, 2016
    They haven't said anything about android, but I would think that it will happen soon enough. Give it a month or 2 it's worth the wait!

8. slayerdude2022

Feb 6, 2017
    URGENT HELP NEEDED: How do you activate co-op?

Im in need of some assistance, I have an MFI controller and the game does not allow me to initate co-op mode. I am only able to change my controls from touchscreen to controller, I am not able to just add the controller as a second player. Do I need 2 MFI controllers to play? If anyone knows how to play co-op on the ios isaac please get back to me as to how. Thanks.

9. Price

Price Member

Jan 13, 2017
    Did you know that this game is POPULAR IN PC? That's the reason why they're getting hype for this dude.
    The controls, well I understand about that part. Is better to use a keyboard or a controller if you don't have time to practice with touch controls.

10. WaywardSoul

WaywardSoul Member

Jan 26, 2017
    I don't know what this has to do with an MFi controller, but no, there is no coop mode in the iOS version of Binding of Isaac whatsoever.

11. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Was wondering the exact same thing as I couldn't figure that one out either! :D

12. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    #712 Duke12, Feb 6, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
    American task force lebanon?

Although first I thought it might mean "at f...ing loss" or smth but thatd be rude....

13. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    That's because you haven't given the game long enough. I was the same, but now I'm fine with it. Sure it may not be as accurate as other control systems but I am making it reasonably and consistently far in the levels now to be happy with it. I was struggling to even get past the first floor in my first few hours with the game!!! Now I'm making it to floor 5 with my eyes closed. Others here are reporting basically "finishing" the game on touch controls....

And yeh. The game is worth the hype. Maybe more.

14. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth

[​IMG]

Has been nominated for the TouchArcade Forums'
    Game of the Month

VOTE HERE!

15. slayerdude2022

Feb 6, 2017
    Thanks for help by the way, but I think you might be wrong here. According to the app store page it explicitly states it does (ill include the section for you)

"Key Features:
    Over 500 hours of gameplay
    4 BILLION Seeded runs!
    20 Challenge runs
    450+ items, including 160 new unlockables
    Integrated controller support for popular control pads!
    Analog directional movement and speed
    Tons of feature film quality animated endings
    Over 100 specialized seeds
    2-Player local co-op (MFi Controller required)
    Over 100 co-op characters
    Dynamic lighting, visual effects and art direction
    All-new game engine @60FPS 24/7
    All-new soundtrack and sound design
    Multiple Save slots
    Poop physics!
    The ultimate roguelike
    A bunch of achievements"

If you or anyone knows what this means or how I can enable the co-op, I implore you to tell me how. Thanks everyone.

16. slayerdude2022

Feb 6, 2017
    Does bluetooth keyboards work with ISAAC IOS?

Just another inquiry, anyone know if a bluetooth apple keyboard, or one of the iPad specific keyboards would be compatible with Isaac? or is it MFI controllers only? Thanks.

17. zen_mode

zen_mode Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2015
    Sydney

MFI only.

18. slayerdude2022

Feb 6, 2017
    Do you by any chance know if you can play coop with just 1 MFI controller and how to activate coop mode? Or do you need 2 MFI controllers or did the devs lie and their is no coop? Cheers.

19. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I found the actual controls to be excellent. However, Isaac's movement is by design slippery and imprecise, thanks to full analogue movement and the built-in motion momentum of the game's physics. If that's your objection then that's an intended part of the game's movement paradigm and difficulty (which you don't have to like, of course ;) ).

I'll admit that this aspect is exasperated by the touch screen controls, though. It might have made sense to include an option for the 8-way movement of the PC original (as opposed to BoI: Rebirth, which the iOS version is a port of).

In spite of that, I find the game equally challenging on iOS and PC, so the controls are definitively not getting in the way of the fun.

20. Greatgoat

Greatgoat Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    same here, at first i hated the game, the music, and the damn touch control.. but thinking of my15usd gone just like that, i just keep playing.. and now.. i am addicted..

what so special abt this game is the random power ups and maps or monsters on each run. Not just random, what i mean is, its always different after every tries. Awesome game!

my english is bad, but i really wanna write something about this awesome game.