Universal The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth (by Nicalis, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ojtitus, Jan 11, 2017.

1. o0oJAKEo0o

o0oJAKEo0o Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Full-Time Student
    KCMO
    It's currently not working on iPhone 6 Plus but it's been fixed and will be updated soon. It does work on my iPad mini perfectly though. But here it is.
    The free version:
    Guide for Binding of Isaac: Rebirth and Afterbirth by João Silveira
    https://appsto.re/us/PeFx4.i

And the paid:
    Guide+ for Binding of Isaac Rebirth and Afterbirth by João Silveira
    https://appsto.re/us/e6i84.i

2. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    I think this is a better guide than that app. At least for items. IMO. I posted this back a number of pages ago so it's lost now.

http://platinumgod.co.uk/rebirth

3. zen_mode

zen_mode Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2015
    Sydney
    Got my first controller today (steelseries nimbus), just for this game. So much more comfortable this way.

This is the only realtime game I've bothered to play in years.

4. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    You bought the best.....the gamepad and the game #

5. gmattergames

gmattergames Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Hate to bump, but can anyone confirm whether there is a way to log/favorite seeds, in-app?

6. ItouchBrett

ItouchBrett Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    No...

7. triwolf

triwolf Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Sep 5, 2012
    Still hesitating on whether I should give this one a try at 20.99$CA (I hate this currency) because I'm usually very bad at shooters, though I love rogue-likes. I only have iOS 10 on my new iPad Pro 9.7" (and I'm NOT updating my iPhone 6S anytime soon) and I have a Steelseries Nimbus... Are the controller controls really easier to use than touch controls for this game, enough to give me a chance?

8. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    I am the same. Not good at shooters, but love roguelikes. I have to say, this is the first shooter I have ever gotten to his far into. It's difficult at first but once you build up familiarity you'll find yourself playing through with a plan. Well a plan dictated by what drops you find. That's the mark of a truly great roguelike/lite and that's what this game has shown me, but only because I stuck with it.

I'm playing on touch screen so cannot comment on anything mfi.

Also if your 6s happens to be jailbroken, you can download and install the latest version of Isaac. Otherwise, you can purchase Isaac on your laptop or iPad which will make it available for download on your 6s assuming it's on iOS 9. The Isaac iOS 9 version however is a little buggy but playable. Not sure why the devs haven't followed up with an iOS 9 update yet because it is playable, but I guess they're working on that.

TLDR: shut up and get it.

9. kaelendiaz

kaelendiaz Member

Nov 21, 2016
    The controller controls are amazing for the game. I personally like my controller more than a keyboard. Try it out!

10. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    #690 Intendro, Jan 29, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
    They want to use a controller.
    It does have controller support, so there's no reason they should not be able to use their controller.
    But the controller support is bugged, and it should not be bugged.
    You are being rude.
    Is this clear?

What is "ATFL"? One of the highest google search results says:
    "The anterior talofibular ligament is a ligament in the ankle"
    #

I think they meant people defending them while being rude about it.

11. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Don't gripe about touch controls, until after a few play throughs at first I had a hard time and now I am regularly killing it with azazel supposedly the hardest to control character i the game. If you had told me this just a few times after I played the game I never would have believed you practice makes perfect with this one. I just finished my most rewarding run yet, beat Satan and unlocked Judas :D

12. Ashraam

Ashraam Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2010
    France
    Is it possible to drop a trinket without using a controller ?
    How can we choose between two pills when we have two at the same time ?

Thanks in advance

13. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Just run over the other trinker/card/pill to replace the one in your inventory.

14. stolenlogic

stolenlogic Active Member

Sep 25, 2013
    I'm at -83 losses, zero wins. I haven't unlocked a single other character. Wtf.

15. oldman23

oldman23 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2016
    I had over 150 deaths before I unlocked any now I have a bunch I get to mother all the time. But I suck and I choke all the time I also die on purpose sometimes to get a better run. I don't know I list true but I think it helps sometimes to exit all the way out and start a new run. You get different enemies.

16. Greatgoat

Greatgoat Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    i just tried using the nimbus steelseries, IT IS WAY EASIER TO CONTROL. i have unlocked many characters using the controller.

17. Voidance

Voidance Member

Aug 31, 2015
    You and I both. I don't think the game is for me.

18. pathogen541

pathogen541 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2016
    Yes. So worth the wait. On my 7th moms heart kill. Controls are amazing, looks INCREDIBLE on my iPhone 7, I can't get enough of this game...

Especially the eden run I just had, brimstone from the beginning suhn.

About the controls, I'll admit they take some getting used to, but once you get the hang of them, they are really really solid. It's not as accurate as a keyboard but still enough to fascilifate quick movements. We will see about the fight with mega Satan tho.... that may be a different story....

19. gmattergames

gmattergames Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Don't fret. Your likely overdue for that run where the game showers you with a perfect mix of drops that give you an absolute advantage. Love when that happens.

20. ItouchBrett

ItouchBrett Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Wow. Maybe this game isn't for you...