Universal The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth (by Nicalis, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ojtitus, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Exile

Exile Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2009
    student
    usa
    #41 Exile, Jan 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
    Loving it so far, my only request is maybe tone down the move sensitivity or add some sort of slider for it. Otherwise this a 5/5 port but 4/5* controls.

Edit: After a few runs I've gotten used to the touch controls now. :p

2. kr3w_tony77

kr3w_tony77 New Member

Feb 8, 2013
    I'm currently playing it on IOS 9.3.2
    I had to purchase it using my gf iPhone which is IOS 10
    so when I logged into my phone it prompted me to download the older version

It runs good on my iPhone 5s!

3. Jackaluk

Jackaluk Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    If there was ever a reason to buy a controller people! You want good controls? You know what to do!

4. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Or you can buy through iTunes and then go to the app store through the device and download the previous version from there ;)

How does this compare to Neon Chrome, Towelfight 2 or other dual stick shooters? Specially from the controls and randomness point of view. I've seen many videos of the game, but never got to play it. From what I read, touch controls in BoI are a bit on the ultra sensible side, but there seems to be multiple game endings. How do you get to one ending or another? Is it according to the randomness of the game you get to play, or by following different paths during gameplay?

I think I'm going to find some 3DS reviews while I wait for TA to review it.

5. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Pre-release: WHERE THE HELL IS ISAAC?!?! SCREW YOU NICALIS/ED/TYRONE...RELEASE THIS SHIT ALREADY BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH~!!1!!!

Post-release: FIFTEEN DOLLARS!?!? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!!?

I love mobile gaming. :)

Also, is Isaac why TA's not been working for me for a couple of hours? It finally worked and I almost had a heart attack seeing BoI released.

6. skylined87

skylined87 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2014
    #46 skylined87, Jan 11, 2017
    Lol # Imagine the backlash if this game doesn't get game of the week. Gonna be some pissed off TA'ers if that happens! Winter is coming...

7. davidovich

davidovich Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    I took the plunge and got it. It plays better than I thought it would. Yes. The controls are a bit floaty, but you get used to it fairly quickly. One minor bug I've noticed, if you're playing in landscape, when you reach the boss, Isaac's name is chopped off. Haven't noticed anything beyond that. Thanks.

8. Shkrbby

Shkrbby Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2015
    It's here!!!!

9. allister5

allister5 Member

Jan 6, 2015
    Apple TV support?! Hell yeah!!

10. zen_mode

zen_mode Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2015
    Sydney
    Needs a battery saver mode. Maybe an option to lower fps?

11. Cinot

Cinot Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2016
    #51 Cinot, Jan 11, 2017
    Wow. I played this on ps4 and Mac. And now I can play it on my Iphone. Awesome!

12. zen_mode

zen_mode Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2015
    Sydney
    Any settings I can tweak for better battery? Already turned off active cam as I'm guessing that would help.

13. TheSop

TheSop Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2016
    #53 TheSop, Jan 11, 2017
    Apologies if I missed this but does the game have Game Center support and cloud saving?

14. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    10/10 effort, IMO. The controls, to me, are buttery smooth and not a single bit sensitive. Portrait mode's a little...tight...on SE, but that was to be expected. Still, its inclusion is priceless and more games need to offer the option. Also, it might take a single toggle in the options menu to turn on the prologue, but I can't stress how incredible it is to have Isaac untouched on iOS. Can't recommend this enough and would pay double the price for it.

15. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    It doesn't show.

Edit: my mistake. It is before the "New Game" selection.

16. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    About to buy up and play for first time
    Price doesn't scare me I paid 25$ for steins;gate having never played it and regret nothing of it
    Also my final fantasy games are about same price so I'm down
    Thanks Tyrone for getting this to the App Store!

17. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Looks great but it's 1800 yeh here in Japan, that's more than I have and I'll have to wait. If it's really the best twin shooter then I'll get it but I want to make sure I won't regret.

18. bossjaja

bossjaja Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2015
    United States
    After playing a bit more, I've definitely gotten used to the controls. A sensitivity slider would still be helpful, but the controls as is are really well done. Also, Aim Lock is actually a really cool feature, it's really helpful for adjusting to a touch screen.

As for the price, I understand where some people are coming from, but if you enjoy twin stick shooters, this is worth every penny. If you're into these kinds of games, you can easily end up putting hundreds of hours into BOI.

I still can't believe we actually got this on iOS, fully featured with no comprimises (besides controls, which is negligible). I hope this does well, because I'd love to see the two DLCs implemented as well.

Now, back to more Isaac :p

19. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    Any news will nicalis release the dlcs?
    And can anyone give an in depth impression about the control?
    Already own this on steam and 3ds and kinda hesitating to dip again because of the control....

20. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I read the PC reviews, love the idea of multiple endings and multiple characters to play with, and now you say that on the SE it plays buttery smooth... Sold! :) Thanks MC.