Universal The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth (by Nicalis, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ojtitus, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Dang it I just had a good run to about floor 5 or 6 and then ran into monstrous 2 I think he was called.

2. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Have found a way to cheese Larry. (The two worm monster guy):

it seems that if you go straight to a corner of the room and stand there and just shoot out across the room he will never run into you, and after a while you will wear him down. It seems that he is coded to turn prematurely before you if you are in a corner and so will not touch you. Though, I find that I need to pop out to shoot down some of his poop or he will barrier himself in to say the other side of the room.

My biggest fear is pretty much dingle though. I hate how he rushes at you...especially...once again as the controls just aren't quite up to it. And I've found dingle can have a variance in behaviour. I've seen him hardly shoot anything out but rather sit there still for a while and then all of a sudden go on a sliding after Isaac rampage (more than the standard 3 slides).

3. Derprozess

Derprozess Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2012
    Engineer
    I've finally reached Mama Gurdy, with the most powerful combination so far: Leech + Blue Spiders + Money Power (@50 coins) + that pink and powerful laser (I forgot the name) + 7 lives. I died in 30 seconds. That's the point where I've seen how much controls really matter when every move counts. For an inexperienced player as myself, having not-so-good control over movement (there's so little place to move!) is equal with "game over". After 1h run, it feels so disappointing, I guess I need to take a break :)

4. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    He will run into you but yes you are right its not often. I noticed it too.

5. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    On my latest run I found a Steam Sale 50% card, which I got really excited about because I thought it would somehow allow me to obtain a REAL Steam code for 50% off BoI. Read about it online and found it's only 50% off the in-game store. Clever little pickup though!

Attached Files:

6. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Was finally able to pick this up this morning. I am one of the few who have never played this on any other platform. I agree this is hard as hell, I wish there was a hnd holding wimp mode lol the controls aren't tbad but not as good as feral fury imo.i love being able to share world seeds that's really cool.The style and graphics are the best ever. I can tell I'm going to be lost in this twisted world for awhile.

7. Rangerlump

Rangerlump Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2010
    Noob question: what are the roguelike elements carried on in future playthrus? I admittedly suck and havent made it past the second level.

I know you can unlock characters, is there anything else? I hear people talk about permanent weapons but are those just permanent until you die?

8. floob

floob Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    How do u figure out what the cards do?

9. iamheffe

iamheffe Active Member

Feb 11, 2013
    Dumb question, is there anyway to swap the controls? I'd like move on the right, shoot on the left but whenever I drag them to the other side they eventually change back.

10. kaelendiaz

kaelendiaz Member

Nov 21, 2016
    Use them and learn. The game isn't forgiving

11. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Got so close to the final boss it's not even funny I'm sharing the seed i found a ton of $ keys and daddy long legs which really helped me make it further then I have so far
    7L2G
    MH2Z

12. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    I never played this before either. Hard at first and then the more you play, the more things will click and you will know what to do. I finally beat Mother for the first time using a suped up Lazerus.

Best $15 I've spent in a long time. You really do get lost in it and get in a zone.

Question...does beating the challenges give you anything other than satisfaction? Do they unlock anything?

13. Yks

Yks Member

Jan 5, 2017
    Love the original game on pc and even if this version is good, the mobile controls (double virtual sticks) are not good enough to give you the precision you need to perform... imo you should wait for a price drop.

14. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    This game is worth every penny and they said they won't drop the price a month from now or a year from now.

15. Mooro

Mooro Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Just wondering can you save mid run. My gameplaying tome is limited.

16. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Yoy don't loose progress if you quit.

The game autosaves.

17. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    I bet you also wait for price drop in other platforms before you buy it lol

If you dont think the touchscreen control is not good enough grab a controller bro...

18. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    Hmmm i dont think there's
    Maybe you can dop some tweet to tyrone on twitter

19. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    So, I now have 50 runs, and my best is to floor 5 boss (6 levels). How terrible is that?

20. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    No one is terrible in this game, it's always been the fun aspect of discovering something new, just keep playing, the game will surprise you ##