Universal The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth (by Nicalis, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ojtitus, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Dedalus

Dedalus Member

Jun 17, 2016
    Probably a bit of both, some useful resources might be Bisnap and Northernlion's Let's Plays.

2. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    The game is hard.

3. Dedalus

Dedalus Member

Jun 17, 2016
    Getting to the very end (Real Platinum God) usually takes an average player 300-400 hours, and after you get there, trying to do win streaks with certain characters is really fun and practically never gets repetitive (unless you find the game too repetitive to begin with) so I'm guessing TBoI:R will give you more playtime.

4. TheSop

TheSop Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2016
    iCloud or their cloud server?

5. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    #345 Delusionaltool, Jan 13, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
    different kind of games, yes both are rouge likes, but really Wayward souls is more like a 2d sprited version of Dark Souls. Wayward souls plays alot different than Binding of Issac. Issac is more of a dark zelda style roguelike twinstick shooter lol..

Wayward souls is more RPG Rougelike with the difficulty of a Dark Souls game lol... best way to describe it TBH.

both games are fantastic just depends on what kind of game you want to play.

another really good Rouge like is Leap of Fate it is fantastic... my top 3 games on my phone now are Issac, Leap of Fate, and Wayward Souls the only rouge-likes you will ever need unless something better comes out.

6. Ijipop

Ijipop Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    #346 Ijipop, Jan 13, 2017
    Hey people!

I hope everyone is having a blast crying all the tears in the world!

Just wanted to drop my opinion. Like I do once in a while.

Usually I write only to help sell a game/Dev I really believe in or to bring new elements in the conversation.

I think everything has been said about this game.

But I wanted to reassure people about the controls.

Theyre as good as mobile gaming can go.

I played around 40 hours on Ps3-4.

And after only 30 minutes on Ios I'm almost as good as on console.

Sure the keyboard/controller is the best way to play this game.
    But hey! Isaac is in my pocket now!

The comparison that comes to my mind is Neon Chrome. Is it better played with a controller, yes.
    Is it playable on Ios and enjoyable? Yes.
    Same thing with Isaac.

Makes me think! Some games on Nes and Snes and other older consoles had TERRIBLE TERRIBLE controls even with the controller.
    Never stopped me from playing/finishing them!

So for those on the fence, don't worry the controls are a 9/10.

Jeff
    (Tribute to Billy)

7. Dankrio

Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    It's a shame that FLT is Ipad-only, because people say wonders about it, in the sense that it is one of the best, if not the best, Roguelike.

Also, Sproggiwood, Crowntakers, Out There, Don't Starve and Cardinal Quest 2 seem to be higly regardad here in TA.

8. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    yeah FTL is a cool sci-fi rougelike i think you might like this one - Out There its like FTL but harder and more story its great but brutal is not even the word for the difficulty.

Sproggi is not my style but is cool, Issac is one of my FAV games ever made up there with my top 10. the amount of stuff and variety all of it is so well done nothing compares. And if this sells well which it looks like it is Afterbirth will come out as a expansion and add even more content to the already amazing game. My Fav mode is Greed on afterbirth it changes the formula up a bit and brutal difficulty.

9. Ijipop

Ijipop Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Hahaha finished it on my second playthrough!
    Yeah!
    Such a good game!!!!
    Third run coming!

Now bring me Rogue Legacy!

10. Dankrio

Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    "Finished". ;)

Hahahahaha

The game is great, really.

11. studepaber007

studepaber007 Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2011
    Ohio
    #351 studepaber007, Jan 13, 2017
    Super fun seed I just played...

717FJMPA

Tons of companions, big bloody tears. Also got 99 bombs then bombs are key. Traded keys to the little guys with keys on their head for so many chests.

I haven't had this much fun in a game for awhile, love the randomness.

12. Ijipop

Ijipop Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012

Hahaha yeah I know, it's only the beginning!
    Awesome game indeed!

13. Pagan Fox

Pagan Fox Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    99 Bombs.....wow!!

14. skylined87

skylined87 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2014
    I have Rogue Legacy on my Vita...haven't been able to really get into it yet. Any good?

15. Ghostdog1

Ghostdog1 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    This is such a great game. I never tried it on other platforms before and was wondering what the fuzz is all about... then i played it and fell absolutly in love. Wow. What a great designed game. What a great reason to waste some time. Really.
    The touch controls are on point... but touch controls are never precise for me.
    I tried to connect my imac keyboard that works normally for writing stuff on my ipad. But it was not accepted as a controller. Anyone knows if its possible to make a bluetooth keyboard usable as a controler in BoI?

16. Dankrio

Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    https://redditblog.com/2015/11/16/binding-of-isaac-creator-sends-fans-on-epic-real-life-scavenger-hunt/

Man, this is crazy. Remembered that someone posted on the old thread.

That shows how passionate they are about the game, if it is any indication of quality.

17. Shkrbby

Shkrbby Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2015
    WS is absolutely nothing like DS. Please do not disrespect DS in such a manner again.

18. Dankrio

Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    #358 Dankrio, Jan 13, 2017
    He's not alone in that: http://metro.co.uk/2014/05/01/wayward-souls-review-dark-souls-on-your-phone-4714512/

Also many others do the same.

19. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    It's not just you. I'm finding this game way too hard. I'm only on deaths 20 but I can't even get past 3 levels. That's the furthest I've made it. If the stats gave anymore information I bet they'd say I die around 60% of the time on the damn level 1!!!

I'm playing just with the touch controls. Would love to know how far people have gotten with the touch controls. I just find by level 3 if not 2, that the rooms just fill up with monsters and it's too much to avoid sometimes 3 or 4 hits just in the one room.

20. Dankrio

Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    #360 Dankrio, Jan 13, 2017
    I beat the "epilogue" once and usually die at level 6 ou 5 most of time.

Touch only and I have never played it outside ios.

Edit: most of time was not quite true. Most of time it is around leve 3-4 I guess. Dying on level 1 is quite rare.