Universal The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth (by Nicalis, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ojtitus, Jan 11, 2017.

1. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    Can anyone comment
    Is it just me or it's true that the game is easier compared to the pc counterpart?i seems to unlocking things at a much faster rate...

2. TheSop

TheSop Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2016
    Anyone know where our save files go when we upload them from options?

3. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    #323 Dankrio, Jan 13, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
    The cloud.

4. Dankrio

Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Played on Ipad Air and also work flawless. I find the items positioning even easier to click on tablet.

5. Price

Price Member

Jan 13, 2017
    #325 Price, Jan 13, 2017
    I know, I just want that guy to know this thing so bad (I'm defending the games content.), plus I marked it as [spoilers] so if they opened it anyway, its not my problem, they've been warned already.
    Plus if you think that the real story of Isaac that I'm talking about is a spoiler, I think its not, because players might mislead this game as an explicit child abuse (thinking that his mother actually about to kill him is real). What actually happened to him after that, is indeed a spoiler w/c you will discover it in the internet and the game.
    This message is supposed to be short, but I wanna make things clear for them.

6. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Yesterday I couldn't get past a couple rooms in the beginning. Today, I've dived deep into the caves under the basement. The more time I spend with this, the better I become, and the more time I want to spend with this! Super fun. I even lol'd a couple times this past run.

Attached Files:

7. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Here's the seed too.

Attached Files:

8. skylined87

skylined87 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2014
    #328 skylined87, Jan 13, 2017
    Aside from the price and (alleged) child abuse issues, this game also would offend most Christians I'm sure. I consider myself a Christian, but considering the plethora of other insane messed up things I play and watch, it would be pretty hypocritical for me to not love this sacrilegious little gem we have here. :) Despite any religious undertones, I try to look past any of that because of the amazing game that this is. But yeah, I'm not most people, so I can definitely see how many people would be turned off to this for that reason alone.

This game is just amazing on all levels though, and anyone on the fence for ANY reason, should really give it a second thought. There is so much depth and character to this game. And poo! Lots and lots of poo! What's not to love?

I cannot express the joy of decimating a long line of poo piles with a laser beam coming out of your eye...whilst wearing your mom's panties and red high heels! #

It's like a mix of Buffalo Bill from Silence of the Lambs with Cyclops from X-Men. #

9. skylined87

skylined87 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2014
    Hmm...I guess that's what's happening then. Hopefully after I play for awhile their names will start to show up. Thanks for the help!

10. Mooro

Mooro Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Which is better. This or Wayward Souls. Not a massive rogue like fan but these have been getting such rave reviews I feel I should try one of them out :)

11. Dankrio

Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    The effects of pill knowledge carry to other games or is limited to the run?

Death Road to Canada. Lol

Really, grab both. Those are awesome on their own.

12. Mooro

Mooro Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2010
    See below

13. Mooro

Mooro Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2010

Cheers. One more question. Is there an 'end' to both of these games or do you just keep trying to get further with each run? Excuse my ignorance.

14. Price

Price Member

Jan 13, 2017
    #334 Price, Jan 13, 2017
    Its both, there is an end to this game, but you must need to try to get further with each run, since later levels must be unlocked. But the main mission here is to get all endings to all characters (including the secret ones).....once you do that you'll get "the real platinum god" achievement.

15. Mooro

Mooro Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Thanks for that :)

16. Dankrio

Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Isaac has 16 endings plus the epilogue (this one was the only I did).

Wayward Soul also have endings, but the game is brutal. There are five levels and I've yet to beat the third one.

Also, there are an epilogue in which you play as a nee character, the paladin, that is coming very soon.

Really, get both. And Death Road to Canada when it is released.

17. Mooro

Mooro Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2010
    So I take it then that The Binding of Isaac is the easier of the 2 games.

18. Dankrio

Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    I am not sure, but I can't elaborate on that, since I am not an expert yet. But keep in mind that WS is brutal. At least for me.

Also, BOI has a lot of challenges to make it even harder.

19. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Yeah, I'm a Christian as well, and wondered about this title. At the least, the illusion to an OT story makes it a fun conversation piece besides being a good game. Plus, for me, I love seeing OT stories converted into modern-day stories to really feel the weight of how crazy some of them seem.

I just got the lasers this morning and was freaking out so much that I forgot to take a screenshot. Can't wait to find that again!

20. dasaff1

dasaff1 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2010
    Really Hard?

Is this game really hard or is it just me.

I thought i was a good dual stick player but i'm on death 60, only got to mom twice and didnt beat her yet.

Do i just stink?