Universal The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth (by Nicalis, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ojtitus, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    I hope it is enough to bring us the DLCs. Really a gem. I can't put it down and see new things on every run.

2. diffusion8r

diffusion8r Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Termina
    Streamed this a bit ago (thanks to everyone who came along to watch!) and really enjoyed it. The controls do take a while to get used to, but within a few runs they are honestly great - you're never going to get the extreme precision of physical controls but I found them to be amongst some of the best I've used on mobile.

Anyone on the fence - this is well worth the $14.99 price of entry. If you go into this with virtually no knowledge of anything (as I did), the amount of cool and strange things you find is incredible, and makes every run really interesting and serves as a stimulus to explore every single room. For example, I got a telepill which sent me to this bizarre I AM ERROR room, which was hilarious.

tl;dr get this

3. bossjaja

bossjaja Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2015
    United States
    #303 bossjaja, Jan 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
    Wow, it's only been out for like a day and a half, and it's already #23 in All Top Charts, #16 in Gaming, and #1 in Role Playing. That's incredible, considering the subject matter & other competition. Hopefully this'll send a message to devs that even though it may be small, there is a market for premium games on iOS. (GTA V iOS when, Rockstar?)

Also, it's really cool to see all of the Isaac newcomers discovering all of these secrets and items for the first time. You guys have no idea what you're getting yourselves into, before you know it you'll have hundreds of hours of playtime and know every item by heart :p

4. Shkrbby

Shkrbby Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2015
    Let's try to get Isaac to the top of the charts gents. Anyone still on the fence just buy it now. You'll love it.

5. Shkrbby

Jun 28, 2015
    The game has undertones of child abuse and connotations of religious fanaticism. I doubt it will ever be featured. Thank God we got it appproved.

6. Xanthos

Xanthos Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2009
    More like explicit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXzJFoaQxsU

7. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    After playing more extensively I take back my comments on the controls. They feel quite good now and mimic the feel of the PC controls. Enjoying this quite a bit, glad its finally a reality.

8. Shkrbby

Jun 28, 2015
    Correct me, without spoilers, if I am wrong but no child abuse is explicitly seen during the game. The intro has undertones but no actual explicit abuse.

9. tintin888

tintin888 Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2016
    Why is this rated 17+!??!!

10. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Yes! Unlocked Eve and Lazarus in the same run after thinking I'd play forever with no results.

11. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

After what, a whole day of deliberating(?) my curiosity got the best of me. I hesitated because I was worried about the controls, plus I've recently put a good number of hours into the XB1 version. Glad I double-dipped. The controls were immediately intuitive, and having a solid understanding of the console version made the UI easy to understand. I think it's sweet how you can play in portrait or landscape, and the pros/cons to both. It's excellent that you can upload your progress and download it to other devices. The only thing that seems to be sorely missing is Game Center. I've loaded it up a few times now and haven't seen the banner pop up.

12. Jackaluk

Jackaluk Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Just jumped in and purchased!! MFI Support was a big reason!! Got so many games to play!!

13. Pagan Fox

Pagan Fox Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    Yes, I've been lurking around, reading the positive reviews, even watched some YouTube gameplay clips and I'm going to do it. Downloading as we speak.
    Wish me luck.

14. Dankrio

Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    You are in for a treat.

15. Price

Price Member

Jan 13, 2017
    #315 Price, Jan 13, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
    If you ever wondered if Mom was the last boss you're wrong. Here is the list of all levels of Binding of Isaac SPOILER WARNING!!! (Does not include variations of those levels)
    .i.m.g.u.r...c.o.m./.a./.f.r.D.0.C.
    Remember, using seeds and playing challenges(usually) does not unlock new levels items and characters. Good luck playing!!

16. Price

Price Member

Jan 13, 2017
    #316 Price, Jan 13, 2017

17. Price

Price Member

Jan 13, 2017
    #317 Price, Jan 13, 2017
    For your information, you didn't watch the continuation of that intro (which is unlocked once you beat Mom as the boss).
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjQ1wjLWRJY
    And also, it was confirmed that the intro (and the entire game itself) Is just Isaac's imagination, yeah his mother is bad, but he doesn't want to kill his son The entire game is all about Isaac's fantasy to escape his harsh reality and his abusive mother, all while hiding inside the chest (because he just wanted to isolate himself, not because his mother is about to kill him).
    here are all of the ending cutscenes SPOILERS!!!! SPOILERS!!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6C7OZ0B1JE
    And here is the article regarding the story it was confirmed by Edmund, the game creator as "MIND BLOWINGLY ACCURATE"http://twinfinite.net/2012/10/big-sloppy-slomper-chompers/

18. Shkrbby

Jun 28, 2015
    It's pretty uncool to post spoilers on a thread discussing the game.

19. Dankrio

Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    #319 Dankrio, Jan 13, 2017
    I keep unlocking new things as I play.

I am very bad at the game, but is fun nonetheless. The most overpowered char I've unlocked is Azazel.

I am starting to figure out some cool strategies with him.

I see myself trying to do 100% here, though I won't read any guide or anything like that. The same on Wayward Souls. Add that to DR2C which is coming soon and I am going to have fun for a LOT of time.

20. Derprozess

Derprozess Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2012
    Engineer
    In my most unlucky run so far, I've unlocked Azazel (I'm the unlucky person I know, I think it's the first time I have some benefits by being so :D I have so much fun playing with it, with all its cons, that I don't think I'll play another character anytime soon