Universal The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth (by Nicalis, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ojtitus, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Oats

Oats Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Accounting Monkey
    Sunny California
    Never played this before and I was skeptical about buying after watching the weird trailer...Hahaha!
    But this game is pretty fun ##
    What sold it for me was searching YouTube and finding gameplay and it reminded me a lot of Zelda with a Johnen Vasquez dark humor type of game #

2. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    #282 Zeillusion, Jan 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
    7d09qrcc is my seed.

What was your seed with lasers and homing?

My seed gets lasers right away and you can melt the boss (room on right) in two seconds. You also get mega tears right away. You always get a quick dmg up off the boss.

You guys will soon realize why this game is a masterpiece. Controls will come naturally to you after a few runs :)

Also second floor gold room. My seed gives you evil friend. He does a laser blast that does hella dmg.

3. GUILTIE

GUILTIE Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2011
    After some googling I was able to find my seed from the app's Log.txt file! It was: QXM8 ZLWW

How to find your seed after completing a successful run:
    1. Use a program like iAmazing to backup the .ipa file to your computer
    2. Convert the file to .zip
    3. Unzip the file and look for Binding of Isaac/Container/Documents/log.txt
    4. Search the log.txt for "RNG Start Seed" (I am not sure how many are stored in total but it seems like it has kept all of my runs so far)

4. Bumpygames

Bumpygames Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2016
    croatia
    Isnt that price for IOS game little too high.

5. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Nah.

Had a great run in which I unlocked Magdalene and a couple other secrets.

Was killed by a "Gate" boss, though.

This game is too much fun.

6. Zeillusion

Sep 30, 2013
    Great seed check that damage out. Rainbow tears, poison, and super speed.

Ps: it's got hundreds of hours of polished content for the price of a movie ticket. This is why we can't have nice things.

Attached Files:

7. Zeillusion

Sep 30, 2013
    Just beat MOM, had an awesome run. Posted my seed. It's great.

8. Dankrio

Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    I've beat her once and got the "epilogue" ending.

9. ItouchBrett

ItouchBrett Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    #289 ItouchBrett, Jan 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
    Now that you beat mom you'll enter "the womb" and try and kill "it lives".

Anyway I was mentioned on the article "from the forums" section. After mannnny play throughs last night, the auto lock feature is a must. It really helps out. However, Metalcasket also has the same device I have "iPhone SE" and he claims it works fine on his device. When the rooms get more cluttered I'm finding the FPS of the bullets drop with certain enemies. Mainly enemies who throw many projectiles at once. Maybe it's just my phone although I make sure all apps are closed... IOS is up to date. I previously said my peace about the controls and how they are much better then the psvita port. It no where near PC level (expected). TBH having one of my favorite games of all time in my pocket is something I have wanted for years. I'll take the good with bad like I have said before, I have over 1000 hours on afterbirth on PC, with my file being "platinum god" (meaning everything unlocked, and have every possible ending with every character normal mode and hard mode) and I must say I'm very much enjoying this port. Controls aside it's still 4.5/5. For 15.00 USD this game is a steal as hundreds of hours will go into before you unlock everything. Just when you thought you couldnt get any other endings you'll have the option to go to "the cathedral" or "sheol" later unlocking the epic "chest" room. BOI is the end all of rogue likes. No game in the genre has as much content as this and that has to account for something.

There you go Eli. In over 8 years on this forum, this is the only logical non troll comment I have made. It probably brings a tear to your eye huh?
    :)

PS
    Also I'm seeing a lot of people posting their seeds. Keep in mind when you entered a seed it's a "fun" play through. Meaning you won't unlock anything. Only going through normal play will you start unlocking weapons and characters. Also if your seed contains a chest or a devil or angel room of a weapon you have previously unlocked, and the person who typed in your seed does t have that item unlocked yet, the item will only be from their pool of items. Hope this helps. Cheers.

10. mkaen

mkaen Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2011
    Did I miss something or did this really get zero featuring whatsoever on the app store? :/

11. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    So this works on iPad 4 since it also works on iPhone 5?

12. Dankrio

Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Thanks for the detailed post.

I hope DRTC bring some challenge to BOI content-wise with next updates, though, from what I heard, it is not going to be easy.

13. TheSop

TheSop Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2016
    Does this game use Game Center?

14. Teqie

Teqie New Member

Jan 12, 2017
  15. Dankrio

Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    No, it doesn't.

16. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    Why is this game not featured in the App Store?

17. touchy85

touchy85 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2015
    Because it has poo and pee in it

18. athros

athros Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    DevOps
    Colorado
    Because the primary theme is child abuse and child killing, regardless of the not so subtle biblical leanings.

19. Dankrio

Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    I just had an excellent run in which I got killed all by my fault.

But at least I unlocked Cain. I got
    life sacings, an item that turns any damage into coins

In the end, I got so much money it was ridiculous. Awesome game and worth every penny!

20. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Let's not get ahead of ourselves guys...we're lucky Isaac was approved in the first place. :p By the looks of things though (paid chart), our little buddy's doing quite alright for himself. ;)