Universal The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth (by Nicalis, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ojtitus, Jan 11, 2017.

1. iXoDeZz

iXoDeZz Member

Feb 23, 2014
    I am, I spend millions of hours on the PC version.
    Im used to it, so it feels kind of weird not having the content of Afterbirth.
    Also, the game is like two years or so old, and mobile ports are usually cheaper than the PC version so I think it would have been quite nice, if they included it.

2. kaelendiaz

kaelendiaz Member

Nov 21, 2016
    Good thing I have a gamevice controller

3. Doppelganger

Doppelganger Member

Jan 4, 2017
    #183 Doppelganger, Jan 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
    [​IMG]

MFW

iphone 5, ios 10.2

4. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Fiiiinally I get to play this game. And I understand why this is considered a masterpiece. Boy is this game unique. I'm in love and I already have a hard time putting it down. And I think it's perfect for mobile! Having no problems even on my 5S. So, so, so great.

5. Remote_

Remote_ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 26, 2011
    UK
    iOS 9 version (downloaded with the workaround) really isn't very good. Hoping they can fix as I won't be updating for a while as per my deleted post that no one will see anyway.

Map all over the screen and various bugs that interfere with the gameplay.

Anyone else have issues with the legacy build?

6. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Just so you know, no posts deleted from this thread but a bunch of them moved to this off topic thread: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=299862

The discussion was starting to devolve into "why I do/don't upgrade my iOS" and it was getting distracting.

As for sub-iOS 10 support, I'd imagine it's coming since they specifically asked for testers on iOS 8 and 9, but it might not be ready just yet. I'd guess doing the workaround that gets it to play on iOS 9 isn't indicative of what the game will actually be like should they end up supporting previous iOS versions. But yes, several people in this thread have commented that it's buggy on iOS 9.

7. joseywales

joseywales Member

Aug 17, 2016
    Well, the long wait is over. Can't buy because of the iOS requirement. Awesome. Have fun for those who can play.

8. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    GOTY material. I can't put it down.

9. FledgeFish

FledgeFish Active Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Does it have cloud support?

10. Bytebrain

Bytebrain Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Items for Sale??

This is the first time I've ever played this game, and I'm having good fun, but I'm perplexed by one thing in particular:
    Several times I've entered rooms where there's been items on the floor with prices I need them, a couple of times even a sort of "vendor machine". Even putting the corresponding value in the machine, (when there is one), nothing happens. I'm never able to pick up the items on the floor.
    What's the point of these rooms??

Also, I would really have liked just a little bit of in game help on what the hell items and weapons actually do.. There's sometimes a short-lived headline when I activate an item, more often than not, I don't have time to read it until it's gone.

Even in the Options screen, you can see an icon of the items in your possession, but absolutely no info for the player as to their function.
    It really annoys me.

I saw earlier a link to a page to some sort of wiki to the game, but I won't go there. For one thing, I do not want advance knowledge of items I haven't run into yet, and also, it really should be up to the game designer to give the player the relevant information in the game, not forcing the player to search for information on the Web...

11. Dankrio

Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Putting money on the machine unlocks new items in the game, it seems.

To buy a particular item you have to have unlocked it first and then walk over it (which spent the correspondant ammount of coins).

As for what each item do, I think part of the fun, by design, is figuring it out, it seems. With time, we are going to have a better clue.

12. Enflux

Enflux Member

Apr 23, 2015
    You can also destroy the machines for a chance at items/coins.

Yes, point of the game is figure out yourself what each item does and memorize for the next playthrough.

13. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Tell me honestly is this game really worth $15? Because I'd love to support premium wherever possible.
    Is it playable on a regular sized iPhone 7?

14. Dankrio

Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Didn't know that.

Nice!

15. BlueTrin

BlueTrin Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    Is it a horror game ?

I dislike horror games and games which are dark.

16. bigmonkeynads

bigmonkeynads Member

Jan 10, 2013
    $15! The damn game is $22.99 in Aus...I've played this game before there's no way I'd pay this much for it in app form.

17. Dankrio

Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Worth is a subjective matter. The game is much fun, but I've barely scratched the surface.

For me, it is absolutely worth it.

As for iphone 7, I don't know. I am playing on 7 plus. But I would guess it is nice on that phone.

18. Dankrio

Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    It has a dark tone. Probably is not for you, if that kind of thing bother you.

Look on youtube, to see for yourself.

19. neumanator

neumanator Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2015
    This port is super good. I've put in over 400 hours into Isaac on other systems and this port feels like it fits in perfectly. This is definitely worth 15 dollars.

This coming out today made my fricken day!

20. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Get this game now!! :) It's that good!