iPad The Best iPhone/iPod Games

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by LonERecoN, Nov 3, 2008.

1. LonERecoN

LonERecoN Well-Known Member

#1 LonERecoN, Nov 3, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2008
    The Best iPhone/iPod Games​

Introduction
    I'd like to start by saying that the app store is great; I just cannot find games that are good or worth the money.

I've decided to try and put an end to money wasting. I'm going to compile a big list of games that people like. All you have to do is reply with your favourite game. One game only! Just reply with the game name, and I'll add it to the list. If a game gets two mentions, it will be above games with one mention. Easy, right?

The Layout
    Code:
    (Mentions) Game Name - Users who Mentioned
    Rules
    -You can only sumbit one game at a time. If you want a different game, please tell me in your post which game you voted for previously and I will remove one mention. I will check your previous post to check your not cheating.
    -Stick to the forum rules.
    -Do not vote your own games.
    -If two games have the same number of mentions, they will be listed alphabetically.

The List
    (3) Fieldrunners - 'CommanderData' 'McGill' 'LonERecoN'
    (3) Galcon - 'PoV' 'mek' 'lynch'
    (2) Asphalt 4 - 'signed sealed saint' 'NotYou'
    (2) Virtual Pool - 'nickels' 'Gregz0r'
    (1) Critter Crunch - 'newjorg'
    (1) Cubicman Deluxe - 'Mr. Charley'
    (1) FiveDice - 'ITrocks'
    (1) Hidden Expedition: Everest - 'Freegoo'
    (1) iFishing - 'wastedyuthe'
    (1) Motion X Poker - 'Rocketman919'
    (1) Mouse About - 'plaidman'
    (1) Numba - 'Oliver'
    (1) PapiJump Cave - 'CloneWars'
    (1) Real Football 09 - 'gords2'
    (1) Spore Origins - 'thom-22'
    (1) Tap Tap NiN - 'super6ft7'
    (1) Tetris - 'rootbeersoup'

2. PoV

PoV Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2008
    London, Ontario, Canada
    I quite like Galcon but I'm biased, since I'm friends with Phil. ;)

3. How is this going to work effectively? What if my favourite game today is Eat Bunny Eat and I vote that, and tomorrow I buy Super Pig and find it a better game- yet I can't vote Super Pig because I have already voted Eat Bunny Eat.
    It won't work.

4. signed sealed saint

signed sealed saint Active Member

Oct 26, 2008
    Asphalt for me, regretted it straight away knowing NFS was just around the corner, but this will give Undercover a bloody good run for its money.

5. LonERecoN

I've just updated my rules. If you wish to change your vote, please state the previous game you voted for and I will remove one mention. I will also check this thread to see you are not cheating.

Wastedyuthe:
    Have some faith brother, don't knock it until you have tried it. Vote your favourite game and let me know if you want to change it. It wont work if nobody contributes.

6. rootbeersoup

rootbeersoup Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Hmm my favorite...

Let me get back to you

7. Oliver

Oliver Well-Known Member

Numba

(message to short stuff)

8. I know it won't work if nobody contributes, but you had to change the rules before I would consider contributing.

Here's mine- Eat Bunny Eat- ONLY JOKING! :D

Put me down for iFishing.

9. LonERecoN

#9 LonERecoN, Nov 3, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2008
    Rules have been changed. Thanks for finding something I didn't consider. ;)

Edit:
    Also, I've started writing who voted for what, so you can see regular members from noobs. It also helps me find and update your vote.

10. Oliver

Oliver Well-Known Member

Well, the idea of only naming 1 game is good, because you have to think not only about which game you like at the moment, but to which games you come back many times, even after weeks. These are the games with long replayability. I have about 2 screens of games on the iPhone and I could have mentioned Fieldrunners or Missile Command or Mouse About or Kroll, but Numba was the appropriate candiate, because it's an intelligent and fun and very polished game which you can play for hours, days and weeks, without getting bored, what's something I can't say for Fieldrunners or Kroll or X-Plane.

11. LonERecoN

Thanks for the feedback Oliver. I wanted to think of a system that was updated every few hours that helped everyone save a bit of money and get the games that people enjoy the most. I know the hardest thing for me was always deciding between two apps, then always thinking to myself, "I know I have paid for the worse one of the two." I wanted to stop that, for everyone. One vote allows people to choose the app that 'shines' on their iPhone or iPod; It stops multiple apps being voted which in turn will not make my list as accurate as I wanted.

If anyone has any ideas of how I could improve this thread, please reply or PM me, I'll be happy to make any changes for the better.

12. ficbot

ficbot Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2008
    I think you should allow people to vote for more than one game, perhaps in categories. I see the point behind not letting people just post a massive list because you want te *best* games, but the best word game and the best card game might be very different things. I am not going to vote right now for *one* game but if you allow one game per app store category, I will post my best word game, card game and puzzle game.

13. LonERecoN

Ficbot, I understand where your view is coming from, but I chose to make this thread for one app only. There are plenty of other threads on this forum where you can list all of your favourite apps; I don't want to recreate them.

Here is a better way of deciding which app to post:
    Think to yourself, "If my iPhone/iPod could only hold one game, which one would I put on it?"

Unless there are a serious ammount of people that want this changed to a multiple vote list, I'm not going to change it.

14. ITrocks

ITrocks Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2008
    FiveDice. I keep playing this Yahtzee game even for hours and hours, especially now the dev has introduced a '4-roll' option which adds a whole new dimension to it.

15. CommanderData

CommanderData Well-Known Member

Well, since no one else is picking it- Fieldrunners is a great game and the update should be coming any day now that will make it even better!

16. CloneWars

CloneWars Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Bank Robber
    Atlantic Ocean
    although this probably wont be my *best* game tomorrow today my game is PapiJump Cave even though tomorrow it will be completely different

17. Prices flucate so much I'm thinking to put (worth $2 max) or (worth $3 max) since some raise them to $5 later. Tired of trying to keep my best list updated with the current prices. Clearly some games aren't worth what they're asking for. Still earlier days of app store so once masses get burned enough then they won't fool us forever.

18. gords2

gords2 New Member

Nov 3, 2008
    best game

Hiya,

I absolutely love Real Football 09. I admit that it could do with a physical D-pad, but I still have played it way more than any other game I own.

If you follow Soccer it just makes it even better - I just won the English Premier League with Liverpool - if only it was real ... sigh

19. mek

mek Well-Known Member

although i am currently really really enjoying Reign of Swords
    the game that i have always been playing, and will to continue to once i beat Reign of Swords....is Galcon

so one vote for Galcon

thinking about your system, it might get a bit tedious to continueously update it, but i applaud you for your effort...i was attempting to do something similar but with price drops and amazing deals, then Arn built www.appshopper.com, which free'd up my time quite a bit...

i would think it would be possible to build a php script into this site, toucharcade.com that would allow, in the users profile, to list their all time favorite game, and they can change it as they seem fit, and the site would compile all the users data and display a top 100 user preffered list, similar to what Arn just built on appshopper, but user selected

just an idea

20. LonERecoN

I have updated the list up to this point. Just reminding you that if you havn't voted yet, you can vote for a game already on the list to improve it's rank.