The best angry/mean comments you have received from iTunes reviewers

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Johannvonstranovic, May 23, 2010.

1. RttaM

RttaM Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Don't listen to Kijib. He has a few screws loose.

2. Marc Vaughan

Marc Vaughan Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    #82 Marc Vaughan, Jul 4, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2010
    Out of interest if the phone is in a totally fragmented state and doesn't have enough memory to load your games database even after you've free'd up all available memory and handled the memory warning correctly .... what would you recommend be done then?

Any game beyond the most basic application will have a memory footprint and from my testing in a worse case scenario after handling a memory warning you might be left with as little as 6Mb to play with on a 1st generation device, that while enough for some applications simply isn't sufficient for my game.

I'm trying to handle such a situation as politely as possible in-app and let the user know whats happening and how to rectify it (ie. reboot), what approach do you take in such a circumstance?

PS - There are loads of articles about such issues available online if you poke around - eg. http://hastalavistavista.com/2008/02/28/iphones-limited-ram-struggles-under-the-stress/, http://www.everythingicafe.com/forum/iphone-3g/iphone-running-out-of-system-memory-42124.html etc.

3. ArtCoder

ArtCoder Well-Known Member

Oh, I wasn't suggesting memory fragmentation wasn't a problem or that there is a better way to handle it (that I know of, at least). I think your including a tip in the game is quite a good idea.

I was just saying you shouldn't blame the customers for complaining about it or not knowing how to reboot. From the customer's view point, your game should just work and not require any extraneous steps to be able to play.