The best angry/mean comments you have received from iTunes reviewers

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Johannvonstranovic, May 23, 2010.

1. eXistenT

eXistenT Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2009
    Germany
    :DLOOL!!!:D:D:D
    I think the people who have reviewed this game as 4/5 or 5/5 stars are connected to the developer somehow

so cool damn

2. kijib

kijib Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2009
    Incredibly successful Brain Surgeoune
    Pokemon World
    comeon now guys, i have plenty of great reviews

for example:

Welcome Back!
    Tonight's Review...
    Chaos Rings VS Enviro-Bear 2010
    [​IMG]

VS
    [​IMG]

Lets's Begin!

On one hand you have Chaos Rings, quite possibly the best iphone game ever made. On the other hand you have Enviro-Bear 2010, which many claim is greatest game ever made. I'm here to compare these two games and tell you which is better. Yup

Graphics

Chaos Rings uses the latest Square Enix quadruple helix processor mechanics to give a vibrant experience of high quality model detail to the player.
    With all that intense image processing, I'm amazed this game doesn't cause your ipod to explode. The graphics really shine during battles and such.

[​IMG]
    Above:a boss fight

But Enviro Bear 2010 uses the classic Microsoft Paint texture shading and cinematics that are equal if not greater to the graphics of Chaos Rings. It is unbelieavable how far the Paint engine has come and I'm happy to see its better than ever in Enviro Bear.

[​IMG]
    "Enviro Bear 2010 uses the classic Microsoft Paint texture shading and cinematics that are equal if not greater to the graphics of Chaos Rings."

Winner: Tie

Sound

Chaos Rings has a completely orchestrated million dollar soundtrack of high quality music orchestrated by millions of people in Japan. Koji Kondo, the guy who makes music for Mario and Zelda, supervised the entire production. Other notable names such as Hijeko Sudokin and Hu Kazin lend their talent to the soundtrack.

[​IMG]
    "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."-Koji Kondo

Enviro Bear has no music but rather sound FX of a bear driving a car. You have your standard car sounds, bear sounds, etc. While quite good in its own regard, Enviro Bear's soundtrack simply can't compete with that of Chaos Rings'z.

Winner: Chaos Rings

Handling

In Chaos Rings, you control a group of heroes who go fight and stuff.
    In Enviro Bear, you control a bear who doesn't know how to drive a car.

Winner: Tie

Fun

[​IMG]

Altough slaying monsters is fun, nothing beats driving around into stuff and killing whatever gets in your way. I'm sure many people agree with me on this. Enviro Bear is simply more fun.

Winner: Enviro Bear

Price

As if to make this decision even harder, Enviro Bear 2010 and Chaos Rings are both the same exact price at .99 cents and 12.99 respectively.
    Both games are a great value, but Enviro Bear just narrowly wins with a slightly higher unit price of .9/45 compared to Chaos Ring's .89/45.

[​IMG]
    Above:Enviro Bear is such a great value, even Steve Jobs bought a copy and constantly promotes/plays the game whenever he has down time

Winner: Enviro Bear

The Verdict
    [​IMG]

So which game is truely the greatest? Well, for the first time in Kijib review history, we have a tie!
    Both games are simply too good for anyone to come to a conclusion and the vote conducted among several people was simply to close to call. sorry

Both games are great and highly recommended.

[​IMG]
    come get some

STAY TUNED FOR MORE REVIEWS! NOW TAKING REQUESTS IN THE LOUNGE!

[​IMG]
    official Enviro Bear seal of approval

3. nephilim apps

nephilim apps Well-Known Member

May 30, 2009
    Paraeducator
    Roseville California
    This isn't my app but I love to read the reviews for i360emu for example this one
    [​IMG]
    For some reason this kid used his real name to write his review so I then found his facebook and decided to have a little fun with him and see what he would do if the developer (I AM NOT THE DEVELOPER) was to message him.
    [​IMG]
    sadly it appears kids nowadays are to stupid to read the app descriptions

this one also made me lol
    [​IMG]

4. HappyninGames

HappyninGames Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2010
    Developer
    Los Angeles
    A somewhat recent review for our game, fowlplay lite:

(1/5 Stars) May 22, 2010 by Mr.Know-it-all
    DUMB - DIS IS SOOOOOO STUPID

5. goldglover411

goldglover411 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2009
    ipod touch game reviewer
    USA
    how about cod zombie lite (when it was out)

many reviews said

-wow...the same game for free....dont buy the 10$ one cuz you can play it here

6. Sinecure Industries

Sinecure Industries Well-Known Member

Good golly, what is that kid? 10?

7. ICS Mobile

ICS Mobile Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2009
    #47 ICS Mobile, May 30, 2010
    Last edited: May 30, 2010
  8. ICS Mobile

ICS Mobile Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2009
  9. schplurg

schplurg Well-Known Member

10. Mondae

Mondae Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Perv, why do you care?
    You're not supposed to quote entire articles. Link!!!!

11. TheSporkWithin

TheSporkWithin Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2010
    College student, studying English/Japanese lit.
    You're not supposed to quote people quoting entire articles. Report!!!!

:p

12. Catacomber

Catacomber Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    http://www.zaristagames.com/
    NYC
    I think free games probably get the worst reviews because too many people pick it up for a minute and don't have patience and zap in a negative review.

13. Qordobo

Qordobo Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    Let think 1 second about it. So 90% of people you met everywhere are braindead. 90% of of people who post in this thread are braindead.

14. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

#54 jak56, Jun 12, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2010
  15. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Yeah that's how it works. Why? Are you one of those idiots who leaves reviews? I'm pretty sure 90% of people don't review anything. Have you even heard the review to bought ratio estimates by some devs?

16. schplurg

schplurg Well-Known Member

My current average is about 1 written iTunes review for every 96 purchases of Daredevil Dave, at least in the US.

One thing I've noticed is that, in my experience, the US has some of the rudest reviewers. My UK reviews, even the negatives, aren't nearly as rude as the US ones, overall anyways. I guess there are more spoiled undisciplined little punks here in the US.

Like I said, that's just my experience.

17. Donovan1209

Donovan1209 Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    Hey, I left a nice review for DD... but yes, for the most part, the 1 star reviews you have are quite rude.

18. DarkeMage

DarkeMage Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2010
    High School
    Sydney, Australia!!!
    I'm gonna get so much hate... Alot of Americans are rude pigs.

19. Marc Vaughan

Marc Vaughan Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    One thing I've noticed with my product (which is rather expensive in iPhone terms at $9.99) is that the longer its available the more 'harsh' in general people are with reviews/ratings for it.

I believe this is largely down to the target audience in the main purchasing it initially (so high reviews as they're getting what they expect etc.), then as time goes on sales slow down a bit and we're bringing in more and more peripheral people to try it, people who see that its been popular and has fairly high reviews and grab it because of that without really knowing what style of game it is.

This means some people who haven't tried management sims before have that 'marmite' reaction of yuck because they expected to be able to control things directly rather than play a strategy title (or they somehow expected me to shoehorn the entire PC version onto the iPhone which is also fairly common) ... tbh I don't 'mind' this particularly as the amount of newcomers enjoying the title is still far higher than those shouting 'wtf' and its never going to be possible to please everyone all of the time, all I can do is listen to constructive feedback when its given and try and make the best product possible.

PS - No real difference between rudeness in various 'stores' for my product as far as I can see really (and I've even gone as far as translating the feedback from the stores around Europe in order to check for suggestions for future versions etc.).

20. Mondae

Mondae Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Perv, why do you care?
    I'm American AND I agree.