Android The beginning of an indie developer, or the first native game on android

Discussion in 'Android Games' started by Kava, Jun 15, 2020.

1. Kava

Kava New Member

Jun 15, 2020
    Female
    Hello everyone! This is my first post on Pikabu and most likely it will not be very extensive. And I want to discuss my own first game, which was developed for the Android OS "Make Coffee 24".
    You can look at it in the link below:
    Play Market: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.KAVAProject.MakeCoffee24&hl=ru
    Of course, I can’t say that this is a magnificent masterpiece that has no analogues, since the game was based on the mechanics of the game, which is not unknown "2048", HOWEVER .....
    Once, during a break from doing work, I made coffee. And at that moment, as it suddenly crept in the concept of a game with coffee. I was waiting for the kettle to boil, I was bored and thought, “Why not? After all, at the time I was waiting, it would be interesting to collect something,” but the concept with combining numbers seemed very monotonous and boring.
    Therefore, I pinched to do the following. The player has grains, when combined, he receives a plant with coffee, from which he collects coffee beans. After that, he can already get coffee and so on. With each subsequent connection, the player receives an ever newer type of coffee. But there was a problem. After all, the player may not catch the sequence of elements, which means that you need to somehow identify it. In my case, I decided to use circles with numbering in the style of "X1", "X2", etc.
    Having played around with the interface, I got about the following result, and after playing another half a night, the game acquired mechanics that already worked.
    the game has several modes, namely "endless". For him, just click on the play button. A window will open where you can finally implement the connection of elements. In this case, points, stars (each star is given for a new thousand points) and ranks will be accumulated. That is, you start with "Coffee Profan" and move up the hierarchy. The further you go, the more references to different films and games you will find.
    After spending some time in the game, I realized that in addition to this mode, it would be nice to add some excitement to the game. Therefore, I decided to add a "Timed Game."
    You are given 90 seconds to score as many points as possible. At the same time, it is worth considering that mindlessly swiping left and right will not work, because the more complex elements you connect, the more points you are given.
    Ultimately, I got a toy that, in addition to taking your time, can develop your mindfulness and logic.
    I would be grateful for further ideas for this toy, reviews and tips.
    Also, if someone has an interest in creating such a game, or others, I am thinking of writing articles (possibly in a future video) on how to do it all.
    Specifically on my device, the application works stably, on the phones of friends, I did not find errors, and people did not write about them in the comments. I would be grateful to everyone who shows interest in the game, its development or the development of games in general.
    Anyone who watched, downloaded, read, answered or subscribed