The Beatles are on iTunes

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by SkyMuffin, Nov 15, 2010.

1. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    iTunes 10.1.0.54 - Apple was right, I'll never forget this day! :rolleyes:

And The Beatles, yeah yeah yeah
    I like them, yeah yeah yeah
    But why the hell would I be excited about being able to buy their albums a third time, electronic with a mini book that I could care less about in fact none of the iTunes EP extras have been worth the electricity wasted on them and you know what I have my CDs already ripped into iTunes so it seems like this really is a giant waste and while it kinda cool to see them plastered all over iTunes instead of all the other stuff, I kinda miss the other stuff, I mean it's usually mainstream drivel, but it doesn't get any more mainstream than The Beatles and sometimes there's someone up there that I actually find interesting and I bet other people do too, but I can't imagine many people haven't heard a Beatles song yet I mean for crying out loud Apple (or should I say Apple Computer, remember the Apple vs Apple stuff so long ago? Maybe that is what they were referring to - this is more of an "In your face, Beatles!" thing than anything us normal types would care about...) Where's iOS 4.2 already, I can't believe iPad users have had to wait this long, yeah yeah yeah yeah....

2. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

THe issue is, mainstream drivel makes boatloads of cash. I've been watching CNN this morning and The Beatles being available has been mentioned several times. It's also one of the top stories on Google News. It's easy to dismiss I suppose, but obviously quite a few people are excited about this.

3. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Plus from what I hear they have been working with that record company for years now trying to get Beatles on iTunes.

I can't honestly tell you how many arguments I have gotten into over the Beatles today already.

4. starjimstar

starjimstar Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2008
    Entrepreneur
    Canada
    Hello, EMI, can we have the Beatles today? No? Alright then. Talk to you tomorrow.

5. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Not to mention their little Trademark spat.

Steve Jobs, Apple's CEO said, "We love the Beatles, and it has been painful being at odds with them over these trademarks. It feels great to resolve this in a positive manner, and in a way that should remove the potential of further disagreements in the future."

On behalf of the shareholders of Apple Corps, Neil Aspinall, manager of Apple Corps said, "It is great to put this dispute behind us and move on. The years ahead are going to be very exciting times for us. We wish Apple Inc. every success and look forward to many years of peaceful co-operation with them." (Feb, 2007)

[​IMG]

6. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I wish I could find even one person that's excited other than those planning to make money out of the situation. Beatles fans own Beatles albums already and... that's about as complex as it gets. I suppose there are those who own MP3 players but don't know how to digitalise music... idiots.

7. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Precisely. I dunno I'm sure there are people excited about it, but I don't know anyone who is. 99% of people on here and my Twitterfeed are pissed off for the waste of announcement. lol

Yeah forgot to mention that >.>

8. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

Congratulations you have absolutely no idea what the typical consumer is interested in or is capable of. Of course you can import your own CD's, but how many people who went out to buy "one of those Apple phones" know the first thing about that?

9. iphoneprogrammer

iphoneprogrammer Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Financial Analyst for Baines and Ernst
    London, UK
    Sshh.....you'll wake the neighbors

10. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    You mean those people with computers running iTunes which prompts them if they'd like to import the music into their library when they insert their CDs into said computer?

Of course they may or may not plug their phone in which would cause iTunes to automatically sync that music over to their phones.

They may not know anything about that, but if they are intelligent enough to buy music off of iTunes, they can probably put music on their phone.

11. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

I really wonder how many of you have ever dealt with the general populace on anything tech related. ;)

12. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    #52 drelbs, Nov 16, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2010
    Been making a living supporting computers and the people who use them since the early 90's.

13. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Beatles trivia, gogogoog!

What's more surprising is that Girl Talk released his latest album yesterday as well, and the last track is a Beatles mashup - coincidence?! :eek:

14. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    #54 MidianGTX, Nov 16, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2010
    Hence the last part of my post which I can only assume you "accidentally deliberately" missed.

15. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    my friend who is a big classic rock fan didn't care about the announcement

16. starjimstar

starjimstar Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2008
    Entrepreneur
    Canada
    HWHAT?!?! Everyone on CNN is talking about it. Your friend has to care... unless he's a XOMMUNIST!

17. Kubba

Kubba Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    The Beatles are on iTunes

Finally. All their songs are available for $150. Hallelujah!

18. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Must... resist... urge... to destroy you....

19. Kubba

Kubba Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Sorry, just saw the other thread :(. I got a bit too excited

20. 270Kp

270Kp Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2009
    Beta-Tester
    USA
    Overhyped imo