Universal The Battle of Polytopia (by Midjiwan)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by touchy85, Feb 25, 2016.

1. khann

khann Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2013
    How is this game on an iPhone battery? Playing Planar Conquest on my iPhone drains my battery quick. Im looking for a 4X for my iPhone that doesnt zap it quickly. I'll just relagate Planar Conquest to my iPad.

2. merrickal

merrickal Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2012
    Dev you are awesome. Thanks for the domination update.

The unlimited mode actually made me relish the conquest mode more, seeing how quickly I'd normally conquer the world then switching to conquest to try and beat it.

This game has taken more of my free time than other premium games have. I am both slightly annoyed and absolutely adore this game.

Please continue to make more content so I can throw money at you!

3. BravadoWaffle

BravadoWaffle Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    Game Designer
    It's terrible on the battery. Sucks it down like a diabetic with a Slurpee in July. But still a fun game.

4. proof21

proof21 Well-Known Member

May 25, 2012
    Assuming we're talking about type 1 diabeties?

5. tjb

tjb Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Doesn't seem to make a big dent in my 5s battery.

More iaps please. Loving the game.

6. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    Loving this game. Bought all three IAP to support the developer.

7. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    Definitely enjoying the new mode! Keep up the good work.

8. scottsoapbox

scottsoapbox Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feature Request

Dev

I love the game, but I have a request. On occasion after watching the computer player's turn I click the next turn button again out of habit. I think because my brain is so used to the iPhone generally having too many 'this just happened' -click ok- type dialogues that I do it out of reflex before I realize what I'm doing. This of course is bad as it results in zero action for my turn.

Could you add a check in the system that if a player hasn't taken any actions yet that turn the game asks if you are sure that you want to end your turn (preferably with a 'yes I'm sure button' that isn't in the exact location as the next turn button)?

That would be awesome. Thanks!

9. scottsoapbox

Patreon Bronze

Super Unit Slowness

So why can the super unit (giant) move a space OR attack with 1 movement point, while a warrior can move a space AND attack with 1 movement point? The latter seems reasonable - the former seems too slow as attacking something 1 space away takes 2 turns.

This also makes super units not that super against any kind of ranged unit. I.E. If a super unit moves next to an archer, it can move back a space and attack in a turn and the super unit can only move forward next to the unit and hope that the archer doesn't move again or it will never be able to attack it.

10. scottsoapbox

Patreon Bronze

I like your GOTY choices. I personally would go with: Super Tribes, Crashlands, & King Rabbit
    :cool:

11. Jerutix

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    Yeah, I'll probably be adding King Rabbit. Also, +1 for the "Are you sure you want to end your turn?" option.

12. Trentos

Trentos Active Member

May 19, 2012
    Draftsperson
    Melbourne, Australia
    Tapping on the cloud covered tiles makes musical notes. I thought it was random at first but it seems each covered tile keeps its note. I'm wondering if the note hints at what's underneath the cloud. Currently testing...

13. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    This is not the sort of game that I should be interested in. I'm not a fan of Civ type games at all. But this game is just brilliant!
    Perfect fit for mobile devices (though the iPad Pro isn't really all that mobile) as you can save your game at any time. Bought the iap's just to support the developer because I think their business model as a Freemium game deserves support. The free game gives you the full game with no iap shenanigans. The iap's are just more content.
    Only gripe so far is that even though the game has hints at some stages and is reasonably easy to understand after a few plays, I would love to see some sort of ingame guide or manual.

14. scottsoapbox

Patreon Bronze

Bugs

I found that if you do the upgrades too fast your city won't get the additional population. E.g. After capturing a village with 3 fish squares, I just quickly tap each to upgrade quickly. However, it appears that if you don't let the animation complete before starting the next upgrade the next upgrade interrupts the first. Since the bonus comes at the end of the animation, it wastes the upgrade.

I have also found that if you try to upgrade a city too many levels in a single turn it will stop giving you population as well. This is fairly common later in the game where you have lots of resources to upgrade a city. It will usually go level 1 to level 3 with no problems but sometimes going beyond level 3 doesn't work.

15. tjb

tjb Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Just wanted to say thank you again for unlimited mode! This is definitely a game that will be staying on my device for a long time! I will definitely purchase future IAPs!

16. Raro

Raro Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Student
    NZ
    Just downloaded the game on my iPhone 5. Upon opening it I'm left with a black screen.
    Tried restarting my phone and that didn't help. Are iPhone 5s not supported, or is this a bug?

17. tjb

tjb Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    New name!
    New tribe!
    Love the game,
    and the new tribe vibe!

Bought it,
    Fought it;
    High praise I now ascribe!

18. HelperMonkey

HelperMonkey Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Iowa
    Hmm. New name.
    Weird.
    Love the game, I'll just have to adjust to this Battle of Polytopia thing.

19. Jerutix

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    I saw that pop up in Game Center this morning. Why the name change? Not sure how I feel about the new name (though Polytopia is definitely unique & growing on me).

Always excited for a new tribe!

20. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Trademark issues! That's sad but I like the new name.