Universal The Battle of Polytopia (by Midjiwan)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by touchy85, Feb 25, 2016.

1. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Yeah, I play on Crazy w/ 2-3 (usually 2) enemies.

=o/

Oh well...

2. Odach

Odach Member

Jul 15, 2014
    Playing my very first game and every single turn I move my guys, create a mine, and then when the "end turn" option shows up in the bottom right the game becomes unresponsive. It's not frozen, it's just that nothing I click does anything. Looks like the buttons still recognize I'm clicking Because they animate, but nothing happens and I'm forced to force quit and run the game again so I can end my turn. No one else is having this problem? Running latest iOS on iPhone 6+

3. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Yeah, this has happened to me a few times on my iPhone 5 w/ iOS 7.1.2

Exiting, clearing from your multitasking bar and then restarting fixes it... but I have no idea what causes it, it seems to happen at the most random times.

4. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

I'm gonna try a Crazy round now :)

5. korossyl

korossyl Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2013
    Could anyone help me with a few questions?
    (1) When a unit is selected, what does the city in parentheses after its name mean? It seems to be the city it was created in, but... how would that possibly matter?
    (2) On the bar underneath a city showing how many more resources it needs to grow: what do the black dots in the first one or several bars mean?
    (3) Does building a park rather than a super unit give any in-game bonus, or is it just a score boost?
    Thanks!

6. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    (1) That has to do with how many units each city can hold, they have population limits.
    (2) Same thing. The dots represent the number of units that city is allowed. When all the spaces are filled, you can no longer build units at that city (until one dies from there, which goes back to point 1)
    (3) I don't know. Someone else answer this one.

7. faceleg

faceleg Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2015
    Software Engineer
    Auckland, NZ
    Such a cool game. I emailed to devs to let them know about this thread.

8. Turki

Turki Member

Nov 9, 2015
    Cool game very nice but short, with limited moves :p

9. thumbs07

thumbs07 Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    UK
    It's icon and pinkness bother me.

10. ShinHadoukin

ShinHadoukin Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2015
    Agree. Doesn't fit the game & why pink?

11. korossyl

Oct 10, 2013
    ???
    Why NOT pink?

12. phred

phred Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    I'm fine with the color and the icon. In the grand scale of things, its a really silly nit to pick.

13. phred

phred Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Bug? Constantly having to restore my purchase.

Every time I start the game, I notice that the tribe I purchased isn't available. I always have to restore it. Hoping there's some fix to that in the future.

14. Andyz

Andyz Member

Jun 27, 2009
    Nice game but has a habit of crashing on my aging 4s

15. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    I really do hope that a mode where there is no turn limit is added. I just had a really exciting game that ended abruptly and I wished I could carry on. At least when the turn limit is reached, and a high score is calculated, allow us to select if we want to keep on playing.

16. korossyl

Oct 10, 2013
    Thanks! I had NO idea. Unlike apparently everyone, I tend to play (this and Civ) as a pacifist, so I haven't bumped up against the limit yet.

17. Gluskap

Gluskap Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2015
    I would pay $5 for unlimited turn, simple diplomacy and such.

18. korossyl

Oct 10, 2013
    Civ Rev?

19. Wrath

Wrath Well-Known Member

May 26, 2011
    Seattle
    You know, I never thought I'd be able to play games of this genre, yet here I am, thoroughly enjoying this one! It all just seems to make sense, the mechanics are implemented so well, have to say I am impressed!

I wouldn't mind being able to set the number of turns limit, something like a number in the range of 10 up to Unlimited would be quite ideal. (I think I would like some quicker games, as when I close out and try to continue later I forget what strategy I was working on, lol. And of course, Unlimited turns for those (rare) occasions when I find I'm actually kicking butt.)

And the suggestion for somehow being able to identify any troops which still have moves available more easier to spot on the map would be a nice update.

But otherwise, this feels like a premium game that I should've paid $ for. :)

20. Gluskap

Gluskap Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2015
    I'll buy when it's on sale. But as I said I wanna support Super Tribes first. Hope that developers know about TA forums so they can get solid feedback and inform us about future updates.