Universal The Battle of Polytopia (by Midjiwan)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by touchy85, Feb 25, 2016.

1. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    What an amazing game! I absolutely love it! I just wished we could play longer sessions.

2. Chaos Hero

Chaos Hero Active Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Multiplayer! Unlimited turns until last man standing!

3. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
    The IAP is another tribe for $0.99.

4. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Am I the only one enjoying the fact that you don't have unlimited turns?

I like having to try and do as good as you can/conquer what you can in the set number of turns...

5. ShinHadoukin

ShinHadoukin Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2015
    I see that now. Thanks.

I know people are shouting to spend more money here b/c they like the game but I would to see a full buy-in. So far this is a neat game.

6. touchy85

touchy85 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2015
    I wish there was an unlimited turns IAP,I really want to play games like this on my own pace. Besides that, really loving this game.

7. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Pretty amazed at this game "as is" with no adds etc... The extra tribe for .99 is a bargain. This is the kind of game that could add the unlimited turns for another as an iap so that those who want the feature could get it for iap.

In hoping the developers read this forum or take suggestions. The only negative I see with all the ideas TA forum gamers have is that this game could become iap driven with iap for each new feature. ---- that being said is hoping the developer makes the additions and earns a decent amount of money from this game... I just am a fan of premium price games and not all an IAP ala carte menu.

Great game as is with a ton of opportunities to expand it!

8. Rawk GWJ

Rawk GWJ Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2014
    What can I say that hasn't already been said?

This game is amazing. If you like Civ you will love this. I can't believe it's free. I would love the option to pay for a last man standing mode.

One update request: On iPad I want to be able to zoom in closer.

Gratz to the dev on their great game.

9. midasmulligan

midasmulligan Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2015
    Plays great, but looks like it'll get pretty repetitive looking at the limited skill tree and timed (by turns) gameplay. Almost seems like a demo or proof of concept as opposed to a fully fleshed out game.

10. struy5

struy5 Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Agreed. Pretty sure others have probably suggested these things but if not, need a "next idle unit" button to fund all my units that can move. Moreover, an ability to zoom in and out of the skill menu. Other than its not a game I would play routinely but it's probably something Ill keep on my phone to play every now and again.

11. midasmulligan

midasmulligan Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2015
    It looks great,but considering I picked up planar conquest recently, I'll put this on the back burner with the anticipation that the Dev will beef it up eventually

12. meril

meril Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Oct 13, 2011
    Switzerland
    Bought the IAP tribe to support the dev. Great game over all. Only two things would be nice to have: An endless mode and more zoom in (aka everything is a bit small).

13. Conan

Conan Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2009
    Didn't need the IAP additional tribe but bought it to support the developer.
    I wish we could have open endless world and campaigns like in civilization :)

14. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    Surprisingly delightful game!
    But like others stated - a no turn limit mode + bigger map option would be neat. I would also like to have the ability to have a button to cycle between units that were not used, sometimes I have a hard time spotting them and forget to issue an order. Finally, auto-heal when a unit isn't moved or in a city would make sense too.

15. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    #75 syntheticvoid, Feb 28, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2016
    Is there something I'm missing? Generally, I wind up conquering the map before my time is over... I thought that was the general goal of the game. Conquer everything and score as high as you can before your turns run out.

Are there diplomacy options I'm not aware of? I'm just a little confused as to why (seemingly) everyone here wants an endless mode (which would completely change the feel and main goal of the game... Right?).

I'm not saying anyone's wrong... Just... I don't personally get it. Maybe I never will....

16. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

What difficulty are you playing on? Been playing on Hard, and I seem to come up against a pretty solid wall with around 7 turns to go, making a final push on last 2 or 3 enemy cities almost impossible because the rate of attrition of my units doesn't leave enough time to get more to the front lines.

I'm still refining my strategy, but there's an inbuilt conflict of interests in that to get a higher score you need to build temples as early as possible, which of course means you aren't spending those resources (pretty hefty 20 plus the research to unlock temples) on other things. Guess the trick is to only spend what you really need on units, and try to always allot something to research each turn.

I think I came close one time but there may have been more cities in the fog of war!

I really like the purity of the game as it is and I like that it ends after 30 turns, otherwise this final tug-of-war could go on for ever!

17. iMikos

iMikos Member

Jan 30, 2013
    I'd kill for an endless mode.

18. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    How do u build cities? I see my opponents popping cities all over the terrain

19. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

Look for little huts/camps near you, move any unit on to it, wait a turn then next turn you can select the unit and Capture.

Or take a rival leaders city and you can capture it the same way, then either 'keep' it or 'raze' it.

20. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Ahhhh I see thanks!!!