Universal The Battle of Polytopia (by Midjiwan)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by touchy85, Feb 25, 2016.

1. korossyl

korossyl Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2013
    Does anyone have any contact info for the devs? I'm wondering where I could report bugs. I'm having an odd problem with the Kickoo, where I begin with Sailing, rather than Fishing, unlocked. And I'd just like to tell them how much I'm loving the game, as well.

2. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    http://www.midjiwan.com/supertribes.html

3. qdiddy

qdiddy Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2014
    Holy crap, this game is good. The only thing that could possibly make this game better is if it were bigger, larger map, more tech, and longer. We have a real gem here.

4. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    image.png
    My maxed out empire, 1vs1 on hard.

5. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    Looks great but, Argh! The music... "My ears! The ear plugs do nothing!"

I know it's not on the actual map screen but the option for none at all would be nice.
    Also, a tutorial would be nice. I've been playing civ games since the get go but I'd still like to know what's occurring from the start. I'm sure I'll pick it up.

Looks promising. I'm off to get that iap to help encourage things along.

6. thumbs07

thumbs07 Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    UK
    I got an uncommon bug where it crashes and you got no option to resume game.(only to start again) This on Ipad mini.

7. Oathbetrayer

Oathbetrayer New Member

Feb 26, 2016
    30 turn limit needs to be removed and a multiplayer added

Win conditions: Game needs infinite turns till ever opposing city is gone. And add multiplayer! Add peace offerings for player also ( I don't think there is, only for A.I.).

8. Dethedrus

Dethedrus Active Member

May 5, 2012
    Absolutely unbelievably awesome! IAP bought to support this dev!

9. LarryWP

LarryWP Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2013
    #49 LarryWP, Feb 26, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2016
    Fantastic game! I am amazed at how good this game is and I never would have known as nothing has been said. However, it really needs to have the option to play until the map is conquered. If this game gets exposed, it could easily be GOTY in my estimation. I would gladly pay several dollars for this but unless you buy the last tribe, it's even free, and without crap ads!?! To the devs: Good Job! You have put a ton of care into this game, it shows everywhere. You have a winner here. ;)

10. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    This game looks great. What exactly is the iap? It is priced at .99?

11. LarryWP

LarryWP Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2013
    The Kickoo tribe.

12. vonknut

vonknut Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2013
    Agree - great game!

One thing - does units auto heal in cities?

13. drdreh

drdreh Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2012
    Please update the price! I need to pay more!!!

14. TheOmen2

TheOmen2 Member

Feb 27, 2014
    This game is fun but ultimately too simple to have much replay value. I played each difficulty level up through "crazy" and won all games save one that started me with an unfavorable starting location. I'd have felt fine paying .99 for what it has to offer. A little deeper strategy and balance is needed to keep me coming back. There is potential that wasn't fully realized with this one.

One thing that bugs me is that units do not auto heal you have to manually select heal for each unit each turn, which can get tedious if you have a lot of units.

15. korossyl

Oct 10, 2013
  16. Reaganomics

Reaganomics Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Nice game. However, I'm growing tired of great games that don't take advantage of screen real estate on iOS devices. In other words everything is so small.

17. bsabiston

bsabiston Well-Known Member

I want more turns!

This game is awesome! I can't believe I found another iOS game to play just as I finished Captain Cowboy. This really captures the old magic of Civilization. But man just as I was getting into it I ran out of turns! That sucks! I thought it was going to make me pay or wait for more turns when it ran out, but the game is just over? I wanted to see if I could beat the dudes who were ransacking my towns! A fun hour, but I feel cheated at the same time.

18. korossyl

Oct 10, 2013
    Yeah, I keep thinking of all these ways it could be made better, like more turns, diplomacy, other win conditions, larger maps... and I think some of those might be legitimate improvements, but they all move the game closer to Civ as well. Now, Civ Rev has been and continues to be perhaps my favorite game of all time, but who needs a clone? This game certainly stands on its own two feet as having been inspired by, but substantially different from, Civ. It's so much more than a clone. So maybe there should be some changes... or maybe not. I trust the devs o see where the game goes from here.

But I really WOULD love local high scores.

19. thumbs07

thumbs07 Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    UK
    Maybe they'll add another tribe that will cost $0.99 or something. Its interesting route they've gone. Hope they earn enough- can make an expansion then:D

Does anyone know on this when units are in the boat does it for instance, take the qualities of the unit in it? Like the super troop or the catapault. I notice the hp form it does take.
    I agree 30 turns is a bugger! Should be an option to choose 30/45/60 turns or something.

20. ShinHadoukin

ShinHadoukin Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2015
    Where & what are the IAP?