Universal The Battle of Polytopia (by Midjiwan)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by touchy85, Feb 25, 2016.

1. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    Certainly agree with the previous post.

Also, a chat channel would be nice; or at least some predefined messages if we’re deemed not to be trusted. ;)
    It’d be nice to be able to say “good luck”, “gg”, “nice move!” or “you ruined my life you *%#¥er!”
    Well; the first few, anyway.

2. Jambit

Jambit New Member

Feb 21, 2018
    ID

Jambit: 35uTP7xlPb4NoNMq

I think that is an "ell" in the middle, but it might be a capital "eye".

Thanks for adding me and look forward to polybattlemania!

3. HelperMonkey

HelperMonkey Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Iowa
    Definitely some improvements could be made as mentioned by Ayjona and MetaGonzo. Both are similar to thoughts I’ve had.
    Connecting with other players is awkward. I don’t play many multiplayer games on iOS. But it would be nice, if I’ve enjoyed a game with someone, to be able to rematch. Seems basic. Instead I can’t even invite them to another game based on the GC name I’ve been seeing because I don’t know the ID code. It would be nice to promote some more interaction.

4. Hiraether

Hiraether Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2012
    Love the new kids tribe!

As for multiplayer: the issue is real people. Chat is usually taken over by foul mouthed trolls. Maybe a system that only allows specific feedback limited to things like "good game," but for now I feel like multiplayer chat ruins a lot of great games.

For now I prefer the silence and score boards.
    Honestly I believe people meeting on forums and playing games together that way is better. Random matchanaking is always terrible. Most people bein to lose as abandon the game. If you know the person somewhat from a forum they won't be so quick to mess up their reputation. For now, there isn't an online multiplayer game without issues that require moderators. It's a Pandora's box of funding that even the biggest games have issues with despite spending millions to try and fight trolls.

Please, avoid multiplayer matchmaking at all costs because it's a waste of resources and money.

People will complain no matter what you do if you add multiplayer.

A code based system like Nintendo incorporates is the safest way to go. Players connect 1 to 1 on their own time and accord. This was trolls are easily spotted and kids can play online without the threat of being exposed to mature nonsense.

5. MetaGonzo

May 7, 2009
    The new tribe is indeed good but very powerful. Both the enchanted units are so powerful for their cost and the super is also very versatile.

6. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    I really like the systems that have like a set of 5 or 6 things you can send as messages, but you can't type your own.

The elf people are super fun. Yay for dragons!

7. merrickal

merrickal Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2012
    This game consistently impress me with the features and tribes they keep adding on.
    The dev can almost guarantee my continued support for this game as it has outlasted a lot of other games I had on my iPad.

Please keep it up! Buying the unicorn tribe now, can’t wait to play!

Is multiplayer online only? Is there a Bluetooth/Wi-fi local play?

8. MetaGonzo

May 7, 2009
    You can do play and pass

9. merrickal

merrickal Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2012
    I suppose that’s better than nothing. Thanks Meta.

By the way, can anyone explain how the sanctuary upgrade works?
    Stars keep getting used, and the animation suggests the animal has multiplied, but I can only enchant one animal.

Am I supposed to not enchant that one?

10. MetaGonzo

May 7, 2009
    I’d like some clarity on that front as well. I notice that the sanctuary “structure” itself has 2 states that I’m also unsure about.

I’m going to have a good fiddle when I have a moment to see if I can figure it out. If anyone beats me to it, please share!

11. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    The sanctuary seems to be a way to generate more stars over time, rather than increasing number of animals. You have to have an animal to make a sanctuary, which produces one additional star each turn, then adjacent, non utilized spaces can be made into additional sanctuaries. I think...

12. HelperMonkey

HelperMonkey Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Iowa
    Only one sanctuary can be built per city. But yes, each animal next to a sanctuary adds one star per turn. There must be one animal present to build a sanctuary, and at least one animal must remain for the sanctuary to remain. It’s a different and interesting mechanic.

13. kapsberger

kapsberger Member

Aug 1, 2010
    I was super-late to this party, but this game is awesome. Only one (minor) bit of frustration: How are people posting scores as high (well into six digits) as they are? I had a really good game with Luxidor on Crazy with 2 opponents, and although I conquered both opponents, earned all the monuments (I think) except Pacifist, and completely revealed the map, but I still only hit about 46,000. I don't necessarily want to play just to maximize score, but clearly I'm missing something in terms of racking up points. (Or my strategy is awful, although I thought I had it going on in that game I mentioned.)

14. Maddie kale

Maddie kale New Member

Nov 12, 2018
    Male
    hC6mmPRtJb3N902l

My id add me I'm.playing today

15. Maddie kale

Maddie kale New Member

Nov 12, 2018
    Male
    hC6mmPRtJb3N902l

My player I'd.. I'm online... Plz have a game with me