Universal The Bard's Tale - (by inXile Entertainment)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Reese015

Reese015 Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    Wonder if they ported the wonderful dynamic water too.

2. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Oh wow, looks like this might have been taken down, not on the NZ Store either. Dammit, I should've grabbed it instead of waiting for it to release in the US. :(

3. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Noooooo I was so looking forward to this....

4. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    HOLY SHIT. I was under the impression that this was only coming for the iPad. Will definitely be grabbing this one tonight. Making room will indeed be hell, but wow, it'll be worth it. This looks absolutely stunning. Huge RPG fan here.

5. Bertman

Bertman Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Well if it's not coming out tonight I guess that will make my choice easier. Sucks though wonder what happened...

6. JMarceLF

JMarceLF Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    CHEF
    California
    Is there anyone with more solid evidence that this games release is being postponed or actually was removed and not coming back tonight? I'm almost as excited for this release as ib2...

*fingers crossed*

7. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #67 undeadcow, Nov 30, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
    Certainly this will show back up on App Store, likely today. It is not that uncommon for NZ releases to totally disappear then a simultaneous worldwide release to pop up. It happened recently with Starbase Orion and several others in recent memory.

For my money this blows away IB2... if you download IB2 then he joke is on you, IB2 is exactly the "game" you deserve.

8. geoelectric

geoelectric Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    For those on the fence, I will say this is one of the funniest games I've ever played.

The Baldur's Gate cum Diablo style gameplay isn't bad, really. It has a summoning mechanic you don't normally run into as such a basic part of the game, and I never really got bored with it.

The real win of the game is the humor, though, starting from the ascerbic Cary Elwes voice acting on through the completely absurd setups and occasional musical interludes.

It's a ton of space on the iPad; I'm going to have to delete stuff. Will still be worth it to play through, and I bet the graphics (which were a touch rough on TV) will look great at this resolution/screen size.

9. JMarceLF

JMarceLF Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    CHEF
    California
    I like your style undeadcow, you gave me new hope for tonight and possibly hearing about Charlie Mops!

10. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    So looking forward to this, but wow - 1.3GB. I think I have enough space for the game, but not for the install. Dang.

Has anyone already bought the game (ie. in NZ) and can comment on the port? Controls, etc.?

11. DtheGOPkiller

DtheGOPkiller Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2010
    I would have to kill you if I tell you.
    CA! Sunny and awesome!
    Really hope this doesn't get pushed back.

Really want this tonight. Hope all goes well. I am way more exited for this than IB2. This game is awesome. I played it on the Xbox years ago and loved every second. Great great game! And the space thing? That's why game Devs need to get on the ball with iCloud support for their games. If a game has iCloud you can delete and reinstall games without losing a save or info and can do it in a second without iTunes and at will. iCloud is awesome for games but MORE Devs need to utilize it! Otherwise it's just going to waste.

12. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

13. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Hey Hey Hey i'm gonna ask the same question again but... What's the uncompressed size pleaaase? : )

14. Pacificsun0481

Pacificsun0481 Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2010
    Sacramento, CA
    Does the sound lag in the game, or just your video?

Down in the cellar, you'd hear the crates smash, before the animation to demolish them.

15. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    I wholeheartedly agree!

16. Trev1

Trev1 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Chef
    NYC/CT...USA
    I can't pull this up without opening iTunes ..can someone please post when this is back live? :)

17. soldat7

soldat7 Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2011
    Is everything stretched? Seems that way in vids and screens...

18. Bytebrain

Bytebrain Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    I don't know for sure, but I believe Sanuku is running a video capture app in the background while playing, possible causing the sound lag...

19. Bertman

Bertman Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    This looks like more bang for my buck than IB2. If its out in the morning I think I will be getting this. If its not out IB2 seems like a good consolation prize.

20. Almy

Almy Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2009
    Oooh, a nice surprise! Looking forward to it.