Universal The Barbarian (by S.F. Bay Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, May 8, 2015.

1. sfbaystudios

sfbaystudios Well-Known Member

May 12, 2015
    Game Developer
    California
    They've got a special place in mine as well -- M&M II was my first, and then 3 gave me many many months of joy. Being on a mac I always had to wait to get them, but for 1-3 the graphics were better when I did . For 4/5 it took forever to be released.

I actually got a PC back in the 90s *just* so I could play M&M 6!

So once I start I would hope it goes fairly quick. I'm much better at programming than I was when I started "The Barbarian" (which i chose to do first since it was the easier of the two projects). I plan on doing it right this time, with blogs, posts, perhaps Patreon or Kickstarter if I need/want to. I have much of the details planned out -- most of the quests/goals, the classes and skills and all that.

RPGs are always daunting to make, of course, esp. for a solo developer. But I think that once I start, perhaps a working alpha with one quest could be done in 4-6 months, with a decent beta for "Early access" within a year, and the final game within 2 years.

Yes! iOS first, then Steam, then Android.

2. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    New trailer does look fantastic. When can we expect the new version to roll out?

3. dunhila

dunhila Well-Known Member

May 6, 2016
    Wow,my poor Android devices are crying :D

Good thing I have an Ipad to cover these types of situation and I am not the person who likes to wait much :D

Very good looking game,have to pick it up! :)

4. macatron

macatron Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Awesome! Sounds like a great plan! Can't wait to see it! :D

5. sfbaystudios

May 12, 2015
    Game Developer
    California
    I'm attempting to upload it to the store right now. This always takes a while for me! But once approved, the paid version will be active automatically and the "free" version will be waiting or a potential press release from the audio people. If they want to do that, then it'll be whatever date we decide (not long), otherwise I'll just push the button and activate it right away.

6. sfbaystudios

May 12, 2015
    Game Developer
    California
  7. WaveLightGames

WaveLightGames Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Congrats on the update!

If you don't mind some advice, though, I actually think your original game icon is more compelling than the new one. Also, the picture with the flying bugs isn't a good showcase for the graphics of this game. I think that should be replaced with another picture in the future.

8. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    So excited I can now play as a female! Congrats on the update :)

9. sfbaystudios

May 12, 2015
    Game Developer
    California
    The FREE Version is now being processed for sale. As soon as that's done -- an automated process -- it'll be available for you!

** I would be very very grateful for positive reviews and ratings. This forum is the only forum that has basically been talking about the game for the past year, and seen the updates as I make them. Positive ratings & reviews will help it get higher up on the store rankings, which itself is very important. So thank you if you do write a review! **

10. sfbaystudios

May 12, 2015
    Game Developer
    California
    Thanks! I wanted to feature the female character. At some point the human models I have will have better facial animations, and I'll end up replacing the icon with something better, probably male (or maybe one gender for each version of the game).

Also I wanted to replace the old one because the old wasn't actually in the game -- it was just stock photo I bought for it.

THE GAME IS AVAILABLE NOW: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-barbarian-free/id1130721042

11. EZ Ice

EZ Ice Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2011
    Apps
    Tropical Island Pirate Hangout
    #191 EZ Ice, Dec 15, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
    Coming along

I get a pop up when I start the game "This build has expired, please upgrade". yet there isn't an update. I can still play, hope it's the full version which I purchased.

12. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    On sale right now!