The Bacon Shortage

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Dragnoe, Sep 27, 2012.

1. Capricornman

Capricornman Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Even the zombies have had an epiphany and are filled with life and vigor!
    They no longer require our brains for lunch...they have now acquired a taste for bacon
    And since zombies are known for being shrewd businessmen we better make sure we own the bulk of the shares....pork is our business you know!!!

2. visionwebs

visionwebs Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    I don't believe this, like I don't beleive we have a drought. Some stuff from media places and reports are bull, I bet we have a shortage of those too.

3. Capricornman

Dec 8, 2011
    I agree...it's amazing what we're lead to believe!
    And we do what we're told to do which is buy generally overpriced food.........
    There are shortages of ethics

4. What's the odds on bacon price sky rocketing and then keeping like that or eventually going back to levels higher than current ?

5. Dragnoe

Dragnoe Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2012
    Well the reason why they expect pork to skyrocket is because of the cost to raise a pig is higher than it is to sell it. You may have already noticed the increase in price of corn and other staple foods, and this increase makes it less profitable to raise pigs. So farmers might start pulling "production" of pigs and focus their efforts elsewhere.
    If there are less pigs, than it will cost more to process that meat, and the prices will go up!
    So I'd say the chances are pretty high that it would increase by a significant amount

6. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Famous last words.

7. earthclaw

earthclaw Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    Freakin Space Alien
    Alienville
    There will be no shortage.....there are too many wild pigs in the south u.s.a... we will just have to shoot them and make your own bacon :D

europe might have to start importing theres.

8. Capricornman

Dec 8, 2011
    #68 Capricornman, Oct 13, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2012
    I've never seen a wild pig running around up here in Canada....oh well there's always a first time!

9. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    WTF?????? Is the shortage already getting to you bro? You crazy? Shooting the little oinkers???

God. The idiocy of these people who are already short on B.

Dude, if you see a pig IMMEDIATELY catch it to breed. Our bunker will have specific breeding areas to replenish the supply (both humans and pigs :D) so we need all the pigs we can get. The bunker won't make it without some B, and likewise we'll need extra B for dealing sites around the world for trading for supplies. B is our ticket to survival after the post-pork apocalypse.

10. Capricornman

Dec 8, 2011
    Can I oversee and coordinate the human breeding?...........I'm kind of an expert in that area
    And since some humans are proving their grey matter somewhat questionable we may need to appoint the smarter pigs for various duties beyond bacon........

11. Dragnoe

Mar 13, 2012
    I for one would be accepting of our new pig overlords.

Perhaps by flash cloning the pigs we can create an abundance of Element B

12. earthclaw

earthclaw Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    Freakin Space Alien
    Alienville
    #72 earthclaw, Oct 13, 2012
    LOL, Its always funny when people get all emo when you make a joke ...lol very entertaining to say the least.
    Oh wait this is the guy following the aztec/mayan calander :p

13. Capricornman

Dec 8, 2011
    Element B as in the periodic chart!
    At the end of it all we might be eligible and win a Noble Prize for exceptional pig handling!!!

14. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    I case you hadn't noticed this entire thread is one huge joke. Don't take anything I or anyone else says seriously :rolleyes:

15. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #75 Vovin, Oct 13, 2012

A joke? Well - no.

This thread would be the most pleasureful read for any psychologist worldwide.
    This thread is the reason why normal people look down on us gamer folks and call us geeks.
    As if we weren't wacky enough in their eyes already.
    Now we just need one or two of these gadgets
    ( http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/wacky-apple-products/ ) to seperate us completely from a normal human being and reasonable behaviour.

16. Dragnoe

Mar 13, 2012
    If you haven't noticed, the bacon shortage is indeed a real problem. And such a shortage does have potential to cause economic whiplash. What we've done here is poke fun at it and have taken a few creative liberties in the consequences that we've extrapolated from what was given to us.

As for "normal" people looking down at gamer geeks, I ask you, what does it mean to be normal? If you can answer that question, then I'll retract my statements against you.

As for your link, I'm sure an Apple automatic bacon dispenser would be quite the hit.

17. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Normal is anything but. :)

18. Dragnoe

Mar 13, 2012
    ...damn :p

I tip my hat to you sir

19. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Touché

20. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #80 Vovin, Oct 13, 2012

My pleasure. :)

And if you ask me, I am proud to be part of this Unnormal Society.
    The people abroad of normality were and are the ones who archieve the most.
    History is, if I take a closer look, full of unnormal people. Now go figure how my posts were meant. :rolleyes:

Oh, and I can ensure you, having an humorous side which is a wild mixture from British Monty Python and German dryness isn't the easiest way to live among normal people. You know for sure.