The August 2017 RPG Reload Play-Along: Chrono Trigger

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Shaun Musgrave, Jul 27, 2017.

1. rhinofinger

rhinofinger Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2013
    Chrono Trigger - 64-bit?

Can anyone confirm whether or not the iOS version of Chrono Trigger is 64-bit? I've been meaning to finally play this game for ages, but would hate to buy it just for it to vanish in a few months.

Thanks!

2. RHess00

RHess00 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    #22 RHess00, Jul 28, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
    It doesn't show up on my App Compatibility list so I guess it's 64-bit.

Attached Files:

3. RHess00

Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    I think I know what I'm going to do. I've only seen 2 or 3 of the endings and I have a New Game + file so I'm going to try to see all 12 endings. It's not going to be very challenging but I've always wanted to do it.

4. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Just got Frog haha funny character for sure
    Still a ways to go

5. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I've been stuck here for quite a while. I was going to keep charming enemies and selling the spoils until I hit a million. But then that came and went. I doubt I'll ever use all of the money I've saved up! But the grind has been fun. ;)

Attached Files:

6. tex42

tex42 Member

Mar 13, 2014
    I'm in!
    I'm going to try for my favorite ending, with a video tape of certain wedding....
    Remember it requiring a couple playthroughs though. Best get started!

7. RHess00

Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    Got my first ending. That's one down or two if you count the "bad" ending because that happened too.

8. Winter9

Winter9 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Definitely! I think Mana has the better version though.

9. falcon815

falcon815 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Chemist
    Indianapolis
    I'm about 5 hours in now, currently working my way through the Fiendlord's Keep. Two bosses down out of the four I know are in here.

I sped things up a little bit by going to the "wrong" location immediately after getting to the hub area. The game tells you to go to 600, so I went to the distant past and picked up the Berserk Ring, then gained a level or two by nuking stuff with Antipode before moving on with the actual plot. Having Crono berserked and the ladies bombing things with magic has made for a speedy game thus far, though I did swap the Berserk Ring to Ayla when I had her in the party.

Haven't fallen victim to any special conditions on bosses yet - I remember having trouble with the skeleton boss on the bridge in 600 AD in the past, but he went down pretty hard to my group this time.

10. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I would actually prefer Seiken Densetsu 3 (Secret of Mana 2) over Secret of Mana, but Secret of Mana does deserve the spot if SE decides to create a remaster.

And im still wishing someday Vagrant Story goes mobile, as a PORT. Coz nowadays, remakes are just scary. Freemiums and all.

11. Winter9

Winter9 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011

Ah I agree with that too, but it seems we have to wait in that one for a while.

I actually have Vagrant Story on Vita so I'm good there # Haven't played it yet.

There's not much premium any more, it's sad :(

12. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    I've been playing nearly an hour and have only just got in the time machine. Got a bit distracted by the mini games... Still, I downed eight pints and I beat the screws out of a singing robot, so can't be doing that bad.

At this rate, I'll still be playing this in October... Early impressions? The music is great, touch controls probably aren't the best for throwing bean bags, and I'm already regretting changing the main character's name (it's Tiden now)...

13. RHess00

Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    Yeah the controls aren't great. Especially during combat when you're trying to find that tech or item you want to use. It can be frustrating.

14. RHess00

Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    I'm up to 4 endings. I'm starting to feel like Bill Murray in Groundhog Day. Bright side is that I'm getting pretty good at beating the final boss.

15. borb86

borb86 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2012
    So the frogs name is Frog...cute lol.

16. pluizje

pluizje Member

Jun 3, 2017
    Just got my robot friend named Robo...they really outdid t themselfs with the names.

17. thehyperborean

thehyperborean New Member

Jul 29, 2017
    This is my first time playing CT and one of the first RPGs Ive ever played. I've always been more of an FPS or Adventure game fan but I've been wanting to get into these types of games for years but always found them a bit intimidating. This play along looks to be the ideal opportunity to try finish my first proper RPG.

Anywho I started playing yesterday on the DS version and so far I'm loving it! At the start I stayed in the market and kept fighting Gatou (the singing robot) until I had enough to buy the silver sword (4000 gold) as well as enough to equip decent equipment for my two characters.

When I went through the portal I pretty much breezed through the Cathedral, killed Yakra and now I'm back and about to visit the King - Im trying not to be specific to avoid spoilers but the save game calls this part Homecoming.

At the moment Chrono and Marle are Level 9 and we have 10,000 gold. Have you any advice that might be useful for an absolute beginner on how to proceed? Should I hang around and grind some more? What's the most straightforward way to beat this game?

18. borb86

borb86 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2012
    The trial...
    oh man I've been missing out all these years. :D

19. thehyperborean

thehyperborean New Member

Jul 29, 2017
    Just met Robo, I'm level 12, Robo is 10 and the other member of my party is level 11, do I need to grind before going onwards?

20. RHess00

Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    I think you should be good there. Worse case is you hit a boss that you can't beat and you grind a bit until you can. Chrono Trigger isn't too grindy in my opinion unless you intentionally avoid fights.