The Antwar Saloon

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Sheinfell, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Enjoo

Enjoo Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    They're testing it in France. But it's pretty IAP heavy even for a gameloft freemium.

2. Legendary_Slayer

Legendary_Slayer Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2012
    I'm running out of games here...
    Bullet Time?

3. Legendary_Slayer

Nov 11, 2012
    I'll probably check it out, even if it is IAP heavy.

4. Enjoo

Enjoo Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    What kind of games do you like?

5. Legendary_Slayer

Nov 11, 2012
    I was putting that up as a suggestion for mp games, but...
    Third/first person shooters, strategy, rpg. Basically anything besides racing and puzzle games( Although I do like Mario Kart).

6. Enjoo

Enjoo Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Fieldrunners 2 and Kingdom Rush, Chaos Rings and Aralon is what I suggest.

7. Legendary_Slayer

Nov 11, 2012
    I already have Aralon and Kingdom rush. I'll look into the others when I get an iTunes card. Thanks for the advice!

8. Anybody have hdmi or apple tv here?

9. Sheinfell

Sheinfell Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    For multiplayer strategy games we should be on the lookout for Ravenmark multiplayer.
    I have the singleplayer game, and it is fantastic. @Legendary Slayer: That should be something for you, if you did not try it yet.

The last ETA for the multiplayer I know was ~March 2013.
    These guys have a Community Manager on their team now, and he hopped on TA as well.
    I asked him if there are any news on the ETA, here: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=112975&page=115

10. undead.exe

undead.exe Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    Were you referring to "Bullet Time HD"? That's a well-made game, but you'll need a fair bit of patience to play it -- particularly if you're trying to attack the leaderboard.

In campaign, you can afford to just run in and blast things on the first few chapters on the easiest difficulty, but you'll eventually need to get used to using weapons with low firerates (they concentrate their damage in one strike to dispose of enemies quicker). If you're trying to go for a high score in survival mode, you need to be VERY patient and cool-headed: you can't afford to get hit much at all because that drops your score multiplier, and the scores within the top 100 were probably obtained from matches going on for 2-3 hours.

IAP isn't required for the game, but you may need to ask for some tips on how to farm crystals (the premium currency) -- it's not exactly an overnight job, and the better weapons and armour in the game tend to use that rather than silver.

11. Legendary_Slayer

Nov 11, 2012
    #131 Legendary_Slayer, Feb 21, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2013
    2-3hours! Maybe that wouldn't be such a great multiplayer game for everyone here to play:(

And I know the basic mechanics of the game already, I got it a while back but haven't played it in a while-campaign wasn't that fun and co-op had bad connection.
    Oh yeah, and my aim with crossbow/rpg is pitiful:D:(

Woah, just realized you're in the top 25 in BTHD!

12. ThePowerofLava

ThePowerofLava Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2012
    Sounds like a certain game we all should know...
    :D

13. Legendary_Slayer

Nov 11, 2012
    So is the multiplayer an update to the single player game, or a new game? Either way, I'll probably grab it before march.

14. Legendary_Slayer

Nov 11, 2012
    Are you talking about Star Warfare?

15. undead.exe

undead.exe Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    #135 undead.exe, Feb 21, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2013
    Yeah, that was more an answer to Legendary Slayer's question earlier. Given the relative schedules of most people in this thread, yeah, not the most ideal recommendation for us to play together as actively as we did on Star Warfare.

(Oops, got confused and thought your post was Lava's, my bad =.=)

----

I've got another leaderboard monster to thank for that ranking: DBC's been dormant for a while because of his busy schedule, but when he has time, I daresay he'll leap right back into his original top 10 position :D (rankings tend to slide downwards a little over time due to new people setting new personal bests)

----

I think I need to get back to my Mario Kart roots...has anyone tried the 3ds version? What's new in that one?

16. Legendary_Slayer

Nov 11, 2012
    I don't have it, but...
    It looks like there are some new courses, a glider for some mid-air segments, new characters, new items, custom karts, a first person view, and(sort of)3d visuals.

17. Sheinfell

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    Ravenmark multiplayer will be a separate game, current title "Ravenmark: Mercenaries" .

From what the devs wrote till now, they plan to make it free with IAP.
    With what I have seen from them so far, i.e. providing new campaigns for Ravenmark - which other devs would call a whole game - for either supercheap or free, I am not concerned that they will open an IAP sink. I trust them that it will stay fair enough to play the game without any IAP.

18. Legendary_Slayer

Nov 11, 2012
    Sounds great!
    As long as it's not an IAP sink, I almost prefer multiplayer games with a freemium model- it's easier to get my friends to grab it then:D

19. Legendary_Slayer

Nov 11, 2012
    Wow
    The screenshots for Horn look epic, but my iPod3 can't get it:(
    It's going on the get-when-I-upgrade list:D

20. Sheinfell

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    For you 3rd person shooter fans (soooo NOT looking at you, undead.... ;) ), did you give "Mad Merx:Nemesis" a try yet? PvP only, but it could be something for you.