The Antwar Saloon

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Sheinfell, Jan 21, 2013.

1. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    For me, F2P only works for certain games. Rhythm games have the best system if done correctly (Jubeat as opposed to DJ Max Technica Q). Basically the core game plus several songs are free, and you can choose which songs you want to buy. It employs the strategy used in that youtube video. I've spent a good chunk of money on those games and don't regret it. That being said, the majority of F2P games are terrible.

2. Arrow0x

Arrow0x Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Sometimes it's more about the players than the game itself.

Some games are pretty interesting, but when loads of players pay for super strong gear and stuff, non-paying ones tend to get overpowered, then it just turns into a community where everyone pays money.

Generally, F2P is fine with single-player games, but devastating with PvP.

3. JediKnight

JediKnight Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    Oh my god.

I have almost forgotten about this.

4. Legendary_Slayer

Legendary_Slayer Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2012
    I think I pretty much agree with arrow on f2p. As long as I can have fun I'm happy with it, but fighting guys with op armor that I can't get isn't fun (unless skill can make up for lack of gear of course). And f2p almost always goes sour when pvp is involved.

5. undead.exe

undead.exe Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    This place needs some more decoration...

*Cue random Photoshopping from a few hours ago*

[​IMG]

6. Legendary_Slayer

Legendary_Slayer Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2012
    *Drools*

7. Parcheesy00

Parcheesy00 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    right next to you
    wait how is the armor red? Sorry but ever since i lost everything i havent seen what's new on SW :p

8. Parcheesy00

Jun 28, 2012
    right next to you
    Eh, most of my friends play it and also they can give me cases.

The main reason I want it thought it to make money off of it. In CS:GO, there's these cases which contains weapons. To unlock a case, you have to use a key, which is 2.50$. And if you are super lucky (I mean REALLY lucky)you might get a knife, like a karambit knife. People will actually pay 100-600 real money for those knives.

9. Parcheesy00

Jun 28, 2012
    right next to you
    lol i just played a game on steam called "The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot" and it got boring in 2 days XD

10. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    Said it in the post: Photoshop (i.e. edited to be red with a computer program) :p

11. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Nice picture, undead ;)
    Been rather quiet myself, busy first with playing Star Traders 4x and Heroes of Steel.
    And now betatesting Tactics Maiden, the Kingturn successor: having lots of fun, promises to be a great fantasy strategy/tactics game.

@parcheesy: how high are the chances that you will make more money than you have to invest in that? Sounds a lot luck-dependent - and with low chances - to me, so you might very well end up with a net loss.

12. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
  13. Parcheesy00

Jun 28, 2012
    right next to you
    Lol Im not sure what the point of this game is. Just run around and look at trees? :p

Anyways, getting a knife is REALLY lucky, but keys arent that expensive, and knives will go for 500$ on the steam market, you're bound to get one in 500$. (Although im not sure because I havent bought the game yet, i just heard about the concept from my friend). And also, knives arent the only thing that sells for good money, awesome looking skins sell for at least 100$ too :D

14. Parcheesy00

Jun 28, 2012
    right next to you
    Oh and undead i saw your vid. Is that game online multiplayer? I would try it out but, with RPG games, i tend to get bored XD

15. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    The exploration bit definitely has me interested, though two things in particular are catching my attention at the moment (still reading through the thread as I type this):

• Single player only? Doesn't look like there's interaction with other players
    • Device limitations: I can't tell if it'd run on an iPad 3. I saw confirmation for iPhone 5 and no compatibility with iPod 5th Gen, but I can't tell whether the release version allows an iPad 3 (think the developer himself had it running on one, but I'm not sure if that's only for his own testing)
    Ehh...I'll figure that out for myself: $1.29 AUD isn't gonna kill me, though I'm gonna need to wait till my bandwidth resets to get iOS 7 for it.

Yeah, it's an MMO. While it's free-to-play, I doubt people would play it for long as a single player game. They've made some improvements to the story experience, but you can easily tell that it's the social and multiplayer component of it which keeps people coming back.

This is the first MMO I've played, but we've apparently got a player shortage on the English server. A lot of people drop off before really getting into the meat of the game, but if you're sticking around long enough to keep playing even after you hit the level 30 cap, you're very likely to run into the veterans of the server -- that's where you really start understanding that hitting the level cap was only the first half of the game.

16. JediKnight

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    This is a pretty dumb idea and I would understand it, if it was dismissed but do you want to share skypes? I mean, I have no personal info you could get and it would be for the easy messaging, we don't even all have to be contacts we can just add each other to group chats.

Also have any of you played the new star warfare update?

17. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Huh, there was an SW update?
    And I didn't use Skype in ages, not to mention that I almost never have time to do things like chatting :( I'll just have to warm the bench on that one.

18. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    There have been a few, but most of them were for PvP content. I'm not sure when people last checked it, but they added a new boss last Christmas...which was a giant Santa robot. What ever happened to "alien invasion"?? >____>

As for Skype, I'm probably in a similar boat to Nullzone, but if you'd still like to get my details, PM me if I know you (heaven knows what kind of bots I might pick up if I post it publicly >_>)

19. JediKnight

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    Wow...

Its been a while...

20. Parcheesy00

Jun 28, 2012
    right next to you
    sooooooooo. how about sw 2?