The Antwar Saloon

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Sheinfell, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Parcheesy00

Parcheesy00 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    right next to you
    So ive been interested in the new fps games lately and some rpg games :)

know of anygood rpg games thats a little cartoonish? not the serious ones like final fantasy.

so anyone, can someone back me up on what happened so far?

2. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Welcome back ;)
    Been rather quiet here, so you did not miss much.
    Cartoonish and not so serious stuff?
    Only thing I know is Highborn. More of a tactics game, but the humor is hilarious. Making fun of about every fantasy cliche you can think of, and then some. And plays really good, too.

Other than Highborn:
    Tunnel Tail could be fun for you. Also tactics, but really nice graphics. Oh, and your heroes are Mice, with stuff like needles as swords.
    Sage Fusion 1&2 has a somewhat cartoonish look, but is still rather serious business.
    And the Kingturn games, if that is down your alley. But they are not exactly easy.
    Did you try Lily and Horn? Especially Lily is rather...different.
    Once it's out, Diesel Tactics. Has a thread here. Rather quiet, but I like the developer, and dropped a few ideas of my own ;)

Which RPGs have you been playing?

3. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Oh, and you might like Oceanhorn as well.
    But I didn't get it yet (too many other games on my list, and never "Worlds and Time enough", to sneak in a good book reference), so I cannot really comment.

Other than games, we recently rewatched the complete Rome series, and are now into the third disc of the complete Tudors. Great stuff both, highly recommended. Especially Rome.

4. Legendary_Slayer

Legendary_Slayer Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2012
    Try Knights of Pen and paper. It's a deep rpg with lots of options on what to do. You're basically in charge of what you want your team to do, so if you want it easy or hard you can make it so. Plus it's got tons of humor :D

5. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Okay, can someone explain to me why folks like that bad-looking pixelart, as in the mentioned Knights... ? I grew up with graphics looking much worse, and am really glad those days are over and we have excellent graphics today.
    So, why make stuff deliberately look terrible?

6. Parcheesy00

Jun 28, 2012
    right next to you
    ill look at those games :)

also, do you guys have facebook?

7. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Nope. No Facebook, Twitter, etc. Total social media refusal here ;)

8. Parcheesy00

Jun 28, 2012
    right next to you
    But i'd think you'd quite like the collection of rpg games though. I just got hooked on a game called sword quest and theres a ton more that i dont even have the time to play :p

also, im really interested on their fps games, there high quality and very fun :)

9. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Not really. Just took a quick peek at the Sword Quest page, and *sigh* . Another "free" to play crapfest. Not that I expected anything else...
    If ever a real roleplaying game - say, on the level of Baldur's Gate - appears there, I might reconsider. Till then, I avoid it like the plague ;)

10. Parcheesy00

Jun 28, 2012
    right next to you
    lol swords quest is the type of games i like to play (cartoonish rpgs). There's still alot of serious rpgs too like (idk if serious or not):

Age of Titans

Dragon Eternity

Castle Age

choas rage

Duty of Heroes

11. Legendary_Slayer

Nov 11, 2012
    I used to play a lot of facebook games but I've stopped now because no matter how good they start out, they always become pay to win. Every single one.

12. undead.exe

undead.exe Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    Wow...I've been neglecting to come back to this place for waaaaaaay too long...

Hope everyone has been well :)
    Just dropping by to say that with the pace of life having picked up and all, I really haven't been doing much game juggling. I can mostly be found in a game called "Elemental Knights Online" these days (Slayer, are you the one I met over there?). Thinking about offering the developers some translation services given that they've got a good game going, but their English could still use some work...

13. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Hey undead, welcome back too. And to Slayer too, somehow forgot that last page :(

Judging from the few screenshots a quick Google gave me, your Element Knights might be right down Parcheesy's alley. Looks cartoonish enough to me ;)

14. Parcheesy00

Jun 28, 2012
    right next to you
  15. Legendary_Slayer

Nov 11, 2012
    #475 Legendary_Slayer, Nov 28, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2013
    Happy thanksgiving to all in the US!
    To undead: I briefly fired up that game a few months ago, but it was super laggy and crashed a lot. So that wasn't me you met lol
    On another note, I've been hooked on Game of War: Fire Age for the past few months. Yes, it's got IAP, but thanks to a great alliance system, you don't need to buy it to suceed. Basically think Clash of Clans, but more strategy and politics.

16. Arrow0x

Arrow0x Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    WOAH UNDEAD'S BACK YO

Generally stopped playing games, except for Pocket Summoner (boring, don't play) and Super Hexagon (awesome, really hard for some people though). Got really depressed after a scam (F**K THIS GAME I'M OUTTA HERE type) (maybe not that depressed after all). Doing...other stuff.

17. undead.exe

undead.exe Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    Just a quick note for anyone who may still be playing: they FINALLY added some new PvE content to Star Warfare. There are no new aliens, but there's a new PvE map featuring a rather...interesting boss.

Would someone care to tell me how a "giant robot Santa" qualifies as a lifeform? So much for "alien invasion"...

I've...yeah, feel like I've completely lost my drive and passion for that game now. Doing some light fanfic writing periodically, but my activity over there has otherwise completely flatlined.

We really need to find another game for our whole gang to play again -- I've seen some interesting communities, but they just aren't like the Arcadians here >.>

18. Enjoo

Enjoo Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Lol a robot santa. Yeah. I saw the update for SW too.

19. JediKnight

JediKnight Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    Wow I have almost forgotten here :(

Well anyone have a game for all of us to play?

The third was my Bday by the way!:D

I'm not dead! (yesh)

20. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Happy Birthday, Jedi, albeit with some delay.
    Unfortunately we still didn't find anything good that we all enjoy :(