The Antwar Saloon

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Sheinfell, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Not me, just not my thing.
    I got Sage Fusion 2 last week, and Ancient Battles of Rome today.
    Will be off on vacation next week, so not sure how much time I'll have to play anything.

2. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Starwarfare News

Hey folks, did you see the patchnote on SW?
    It says "content update about a week later". Any idea what might be coming?

3. undead.exe

undead.exe Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    There's been a lot of speculation about what might be in Freyr's bug-fixing and content updates, but...as far as I know, they really haven't bothered explaining anything. All that remains to be seen =.="

4. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    While we wait, you might want to have a look at this:
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=202754
    Looks very interesting from the video and screenshots.

And if you aren't playing Ravenmark yet, I plan to run a campaign starting in a week or so. Would be fun to see a few of you there, too ;)

5. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    God, it is SO cool to have a little nook on TA where all the sane people hang out... have I mentioned how cool this idea is/was?

What is UP my peoples?:D

DBC

6. ThePowerofLava

ThePowerofLava Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2012
    Not much, we still haven't found a multiplayer game we all like.

7. Drummerboycroy

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Yeah, I was hoping to fall for the new Freyr game, but wow, is it nerfed...:(

DBC

8. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    That game DOES look pretty interesting from the screenshots...my backlog is gonna keep growing, isn't it >.>

That and Ravenmark may have till past October for me though -- gonna be heading off overseas in a few days, so gaming and talking is gonna be out till I get back.

I've yet to touch it, even, but what sort of issues are in it besides the whole "feels like a bootleg version of Borderlands" thing? (It was re-released as "Bounty Hunter: Black Dawn" if we're still talking about "SW:BD" which got taken down)

9. Drummerboycroy

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    It's nothing "huge," but the IAP structure is bit... overboard.

Full disclosure, I didn't pay for it (Not really holding off, but more finishing Grad school, selling home, packing, moving out-of-state/back home to Maine after almost 20 years, buying new home, getting ducks in row to begin clinical work in Maine), and I'm quite frankly glad I didn't, because if I had paid $3.00 for it and come up against the IAPs I'm seeing? Well, I wouldn't be thrilled.

A decent Borderlands-ish game, a little shallow vis-a-vis Borderlands, but serviceable. Example of IAP shenanigans, you start with half a pack, the other two quarters are unlockable via IAP/you guessed it, MITHRIL! Come ON, Freyr. Really?

Not terrible, but off-putting.

How's things?

DBC

10. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    @DBC: hhmm, if we qualify as sane, what is the rest of TA? The corner of the mental ward where noone ever goes? Or like the asylum in Coppola's Dracula? :p

Other than that: yeah, we still need to find a new MP game that we all like.
    I am insanely busy with Ravenmark, put almost everything else on hold; backlog is growing quite fast again. On the plus side, there aren't many games I am interested in recently, only a few that I have my eyes on when they come out. So a full queue is good for me, to get me over the stretches without new stuff.
    E.g. Strike Wing, a really promising space shooter; but I don't think it has multiplayer.

And if the upcoming content update for SW is anything good, we sure can do a reunion tour ;)

11. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    I would've thought they learnt better by now, but those guys really aren't getting the message: those sorts of IAPs are producing all sorts of hackers and alternate methods of piracy...yikes =.="

----

Sounds like you have a looooot of stuff happening on your RL end :eek:
    Hope it all goes smoothly :D

As for me? Job hunt's going a little bit dry, unfortunately: bad timing with being overseas and a tigher market kinda hit me for a home run on that front, but ahh well. Just gotta keep searching.

On the gaming front, been stuck into this MMO called "Elemental Knights Online" for a few months now. I think I may possibly be more obsessed with this than I was with SW back in the day -- I'm actually at the point where I'm trying to control 2-3 characters across multiple devices simultaneously o____O

^Did I mention that EKO's idea of "mithril" is that there's a 50% chance that it drops from chests and can be used to increase the stats on your equipment? Not exactly premium currency by any means, but I'm tempted to try and stock up on those and send it over to UBW-594244 for my SW character >.>

12. Drummerboycroy

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Let's just go with... "different." Yeah, everyone else is different. lol

Re: Backlog. Yeah, it has gotten harder and harder to even finish games, let alone buy new ones...

As for SW, here's hoping for the update! I still run a Serpent every so often, but that's about it.

Hope all is well with you and yours!:D

DBC

13. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Just in case you folks didn't notice yet:
    Infinity Blade 3 is out, downloading now ;)
    Graphics look as gorgeous as always. And what I read in the app description about the gameplay sounds like a good improvement to IB2: two characters, a homebase where you can brew potions etc. , a short film, and maybe even different paths to take through the game.

Also, they released a new IB book a while ago. Bought it a week back or so, but didn't have time to read it yet.

14. Drummerboycroy

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    If Chair ever releases an IB with true Co-op... :eek::D

O.M.G. I would suspect our little posse could be quite content in that environment, like, forever. :cool:

DBC

15. ThePowerofLava

ThePowerofLava Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2012
    I've notice that with iOS 7, Apple added a small watermark in the bottom right of any video or movie watched on the device, probable for copyright purposes.

Does this mean we can finally get legitimate screen recording software?

16. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    It could also be their anti-piracy response to mess around with anyone who attempts to screen record stuff -- but I wouldn't be surprised if they don't budge at all with regards to their current stance on screen recorders. A watermark doesn't make it unwatchable, even if it isn't desirable -- that alone may be enough reason for them to keep denying screen recorders from the AppStore.

17. Parcheesy00

Parcheesy00 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    right next to you
    well good to see ol mithril again :p

18. Parcheesy00

Parcheesy00 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    right next to you
    also if anyone still does photoshop or whatever i think it would be cool to make like a group photo with us in our SW signature armors :D

and then have a title for the photo! :D

also theres minecraft "online" now i dont know what its like cause i dont have the PE version but if it works maybe try it (as in a multiplayer game for all of us)?:confused:

19. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    Running on a bit of a backlog at the moment -- working on two for two other guys I know, then I might try my hand at a TouchArcade group pic.

One good thing about my long photoshop absence: I've picked up a few new tricks in terms of colouring and textures...

20. Drummerboycroy

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Guys, I am absolutely exhausted and have no business being awake, but I have to take a minute to write...

Freyr KICKS BUTT.

Remember all that stuff we complained about in SW:AI, especially in PvE? WOW, have they listened.

Seriously, I am currently level 16 after fumbling around for a few days, due largely to the fact that VIRTUALLY EVERYONE HELPS EVERYONE.

No fighting for drops, everyone gets everything. I was stuck on a Boss fight, and this level 25 guy comes in tonight, meets me at the door, I tell him I'm waiting for a couple more players because I cannot beat it alone, he says, "No prob, I can solo him," kills the thing (I helped some... :eek:), I say wow, thanks (VIA IN-GAME CHAT!), and he says np, and vanishes.

I've played with about 200 people and not had ONE truly "bad" experience.

Oh, and the weapons/skills/tree? undead, you for one would LOVE it.

You all know I'm not a mindless cheerleader, but I must say, I am continuously uncovering not only cool changes, but cool changes WE ASKED FOR. Pretty frickin' sweet.

OK, I go crash now.

DBC