The Antwar Saloon

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Sheinfell, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Enjoo

Enjoo Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Planetside 2 looks really interesting... What is the absolute lowest specs I would need? I looked at the requirements and the hardware looks old.

2. ThePowerofLava

ThePowerofLava Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2012
    #222 ThePowerofLava, Apr 3, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2013
    Absolute minimum? Anything younger than 6 years old and that has 4GB RAM and about 50-100 GB free on hard drive.

My friend has a three year old computer with DSL, and he can run the game at 30fps at all times with settings on medium.

There is a crashbug on 32bit systems, but that can be fixed pretty easily (it's just a memory leak)

EDIT: UPDATE ALL VIDEO DRIVERS. The game will run poorly if you do not have the latest drivers.

3. Enjoo

Enjoo Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Hmm... I see people run planet side using the radeon hd 5570 and the nvidia gt 610. And judging by the reviews, they are crap graphics cards for high end gaming... Soo I guess I'll look at some more pcs.

4. ThePowerofLava

Aug 11, 2012
    Here's Planetside's minimum requirements:

http://wiki.planetside-universe.com/ps/PlanetSide_2#Minimum_System_Requirements

What GPU (graphics card) are you using?

5. Enjoo

Enjoo Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    I'm using an integrated gpu which is why I'm searching for some pcs...

6. ThePowerofLava

Aug 11, 2012
    Ah... That's..... Unique....

I have never dealt with integrated GPUs that much before. Is it just nailed to the chassis, or is it simply inaccessible?

7. Enjoo

Enjoo Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Idk... Never opened it up. Im using a laptop. if i were to upgrade my pc, I'd have to get at least a new motherboard, cpu, and a gpu which is why I'm hoping to find something dirt cheap.

8. ThePowerofLava

Aug 11, 2012
    Hmmm... the average GPU goes for $50-$100 on most credible web stores, CPU can range about the same, motherboards are probably hovering around the $60 mark.

So yeah, it would probably be better for you to get an entirely new computer (build it yourself, allows you to upgrade later and nets you a discount on Windows itself).

Dirt cheap I can do. You will just need to be able to hook up some cables without touching the Motherboard or CPU :D

Edit: if you have the space, get a desktop. They are cheaper, and overall easier to work with while still being the most powerful.

9. Enjoo

Enjoo Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    I'm probably going to not build one. I wouldn't trust myself to put the ram sticks the right way.
    Desktops would be better in every way but there are some decent deals for laptops. Idk.

10. ThePowerofLava

Aug 11, 2012
    Well, it's pretty straightforward. For everything except the CPU fan, if it doesn't feel like it will fit, don't press it too hard. Usually the instructions are pretty good at explaining, and the almighty google has answers.

In just trying to save you some money :D

11. Enjoo

Enjoo Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    True. But once in a while there is a crazy deal that you can't get when you buy them separately.

12. ThePowerofLava

Aug 11, 2012
    I guess. I'm too impatient to wait for a deal, so I just buy stuff seperately.

13. Legendary_Slayer

Legendary_Slayer Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2012
    Well I guess Star Warfare: Black Dawn won't be our mp game...

14. Enjoo

Enjoo Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Yeah. Too bad it got pulled.

15. Parcheesy00

Parcheesy00 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    right next to you
    well i have no idea what you guys are talking about so...:confused:

16. Parcheesy00

Parcheesy00 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    right next to you
    actually SW 2 actually looks kinda fun for me, being a fps person.:D

17. ThePowerofLava

Aug 11, 2012
    It was pulled over fears of being sued by 2k Games, the publishers of Bordelands.

18. TheEvilRobot

TheEvilRobot Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2013
    #238 TheEvilRobot, Apr 5, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2013
    These aren't the droids you are looking for.

19. Sheinfell

Sheinfell Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    Back from holidays ;)

Huh, SW2 got pulled? Bad news for Freyr, I'd say. Lots of development effort gone to waste.
    But then, why do they only notice after release that they might have a similarity problem? Something as big as that you should definitely check/address during design phase.

Any other interesting releases in the last 2 weeks?

20. ThePowerofLava

Aug 11, 2012
    Yeah, SW2 got pulled. (In truth, it was a complete Borderlands ripoff, right down to some enemy and gun models).

Nothing that interests me has been released (exept for a trickle of info on a possible FTL port. Love that game), but a whole load of things were announced for GDC, so check through the news archives for things you might want.