The Antwar Saloon

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Sheinfell, Jan 21, 2013.

1. undead.exe

undead.exe Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    Didn't Valve use to have some sort of security measure in place for hats? Or are they managing to bypass the serverside security now?

2. ThePowerofLava

ThePowerofLava Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2012
    They banned a whole lot of people (even unknowing innocents), but I think the internal economy is ruined. Legitimately acquired rare stuff is going up at really ridiculously cheap prices, and nobody is buying for fear of being banned.

But really, I just wish valve would stop screwing with the dupers for now and GET TO WORK ON HALF-LIFE 3

3. Enjoo

Enjoo Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Idk. Just trying to play the game so I don't notice.

4. Legendary_Slayer

Legendary_Slayer Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2012
    Block Fortress, Knights of Pen and Paper, Fieldrunners 2, and Ravenmark.

Thanks for the suggestions on those last two Enjoo and Sheinfell. They're both great.

5. Sheinfell

Sheinfell Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    Just picked up "Blazing Souls:Accelate" for iOS.
    Geez, talk about an extensive game...

Was ready to drop it after the first few hours, because I felt like I did not make any real progress, and couldn't figure some stuff out.
    Then decided to just give it a go, see if things clear up later. Yes, they do.
    This game is huge in terms of content, guess I will be busy for a few months.

6. I've been primarily been playing my icade core joystick lately. Been keeping me busy trying out a lot of old games. It is a lot of fun.

7. Sheinfell

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    What do you folks think about the new Star Warfare:Black Dawn?
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=180791

From the trailer, I do not like it. Particularly the too comic-style overdone character models, and the timers for stuff to do/buy that are shown in the trailer.

8. Legendary_Slayer

Nov 11, 2012
    It looks alright. I'm not to worried about timers and the like- Freyr has shown themselves to be responsible with the freemium model in Star Warfare. As long as it's free I'll pick it up. My biggest concern is that I didn't notice multiplayer in the trailer.

9. ThePowerofLava

Aug 11, 2012
    Hmmmm. Looks like a quasi-ripoff of one of my favorite games of all time. If it is anything like Borderlands, it could have 4-person invite-based co-op, making it purely PvE.....

I'll pick it up, but will probably drop it if it is too much of a ripoff or doesn't have multiplayer.

10. undead.exe

undead.exe Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    That's true FPS-style compared to the original "Alien Invasion" installment -- I don't expect to be too good with that one at all.

If anything, I'm probably going to check out Black Dawn to see if they've addressed any of the major issues in Alien Invasion (some of which came after most of the veterans here had left, but the issue with IAP hackers hasn't been eliminated -- the hackers are getting smarter)

11. ThePowerofLava

Aug 11, 2012
    You don't have to be good, that was part of the fun to Borderlands. The game was just so random that it made up for any lack of skill with funny quips and really unexpected ways to kill people.

12. Sheinfell

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    Vacation Time!

I will be on vacation for the next two weeks, so I won't be checking here as often as usual.
    Be good while I am gone :)

13. Legendary_Slayer

Nov 11, 2012
    Wow just now noticed the most recent Minecraft: Pocket Edition update included armor:):( Guess I'll be busy for ahwile:D

14. Legendary_Slayer

Nov 11, 2012
    Have fun!

15. Enjoo

Enjoo Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    The star warfare sequel looks okay.
    Have a good time on vacation.

16. JediKnight

JediKnight Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    Sorry, Ive been busy with programming, and a bunch of math contests, (I got in national MathCounts, yay!:D )

I just got real minecraft addicted to the server pvp.uberminecraft.com
    My username is BoboFett42 cus jitchhikers guide to the galaxy, star wars, and my nickname is bobo.:D:eek::eek:

The sequel looks ok I guess, anybody willing to bet is is going to be kind of similar to alien invasion? What I really want to do is edit the game, just change some code but seeing how hard making my own mod is for minecraft Im taking a break. I hate setting up workspaces, the actual coding is a breeze compared to setting up workspaces.

So,
    IM BACK!

17. ThePowerofLava

Aug 11, 2012
    Hello Jedi! Been pretty boring around here with everyone doing different things and such.

I've asked it once, and I didn't really get a common answer, so I'll ask again:

Does anyone know of any multiplayer games, on PC or iOS, that we can all play together?

I know of a multitude of PC games, but they are all AAA FPS titles or multiplayer puzzle/adventure games, and I happen to know that most people here don't like those kinds of things.

18. JediKnight

JediKnight Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    Well, minecraft for sure. but I don't know may games, that's all Ive been doing, I'm willing to try anything really.

19. Enjoo

Enjoo Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Welcome back JediKnight.
    Well here's what I've got: the usual nova 3/mc4,
    asphalt 7, trigger fist, and sky gamblers air supremacy.
    Oh yeah the new star warfare game is coming out today if your interested.
    If you were to buy a decent pc for gaming at a really cheap price, where would you go? I'm considering getting one, but only if its cheap...

20. ThePowerofLava

Aug 11, 2012
    I got all my parts off of NewEgg (much cheaper than just buying a complete computer off the shelf, and they have a very flexible exchange policy, so really no loss)

I spent a total of $500 on the computer itself, and you can legally get the OEM version of windows, which only costs $100 on top of that. My computer can run any game at max graphics settings on at least 60 frames per second.

If you are looking for something cheaper, than I really don't think there's anything that is half decent at gaming for anything under $400. Still half the price of an iPad, but yeah.

Downloading the new SW now, will see if it is any good. Hoping for lots of multiplayer PvE in the borderlands style.