Universal The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Apr 18, 2014.

1. SherlockEB

SherlockEB Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 22, 2013
    Gameloft just keeps getting better.

2. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Lol. I like that.

3. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Same :D

4. Danz060391

Danz060391 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2011
    Piano teacher
    New Zealand
    Hey mate still not working? If not I may be able to help, pm me.

5. TheMerc

TheMerc Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2012
    Seconded! Add this to Captain America: The Winter Soldier as well and I'll be a happy camper!

6. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    After reading this thread, I'm going to take a pass on this. I'd love to pay $5 for a premium open-world Spider-man game, but I refuse to pay for a single player game that requires a constant internet connection. I completely understand that Gameloft wants to build an extra hurdle for potential pirates, but they've also placed a burden on potential customers. There's got to be another (better) way to deal with piracy.

7. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Yeah, I'd be down with an IAP-unlock as well. I bought CA: The Winter Soldier, and that will be my last Gameloft purchase until they resolve this ridiculous 'required connection' issue. An IAP-unlock would definitely solve the problem on both ends.

8. LightningX32

LightningX32 Member

Apr 17, 2014
    New York
    Was watching a Gameloft stream for this game and they said the game is always online so that they can tell who is hacking to get higher on the leaderboards and not for piracy. Also said they are listening to customer feedback and the dev team is looking into maybe removing the online always. They can say it's not for piracy purposes but we all know thats why it's there.

9. chickdigger802

chickdigger802 Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Atlanta GA
    #89 chickdigger802, Apr 18, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
    what im confused, it isn't streaming the game or something, im sure being on 4G with your phone means you can play outside the house?

question, does the game support ios7 controllers? does it do twitch streaming like asphalt7?

10. It isn't streaming the game no. But I play on my iPhone (which has a limited data allowance) and my Mini, which has NO connection except at home.

It basically means I can't be sure I can play the game except when I am at home. I spend four hours a day travelling on a train (to and from work) and that's when I get most of my gaming time in.

Amazing Spiderman 2 being always online basically means I would never get the chance to play it in my normal gaming time. So the £2.99 just wouldn't be worth it.

It's frustrating because I WAS looking forward to the game. But I guess you can't win them all.

Still glad that people who don't have an issue with it are enjoying the game though.

11. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    It's very annoying when suddenly the game doesn't work anymore. I hope that Gameloft reconsider. Not happy at all about being thrown out of the game last night and not being able to play even though my internet was working. It was either a bug or their servers but really why should that matter? I just want to play and have fun without being thrown out of the game. Is that asking too much?

12. Gameloft_Ryan

Gameloft_Ryan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2013
    Community Manager
    San Francisco
    Like I've mentioned earlier in the thread, removing the online-only requirement has been brought up to the Dev team.

Almost. What I said was that piracy isn't the only thing we are aiming to control with this. Yes, online only helps a bit with piracy, but it also helps maintain integrity in any competitions we run inside the game.

If someone hacks the game and cheats during an event, it's much easier for our game team to track this and subsequently prevent them from being rewarded. The goal is to maintain a level playing field for all players and not to reward people who try to game the system.

Controller support could be coming in a future update, it's something that the Dev team is looking into and talking about. Also, this game does not support Twitch streaming. Currently only Asphalt 8 does, but we are talking internally about what other games make sense for the Twitch SDK.

Just curious here, but do you all think TASM2 would benefit from having this feature?

If it happened last night after the game came out, it's very possible it was due to a server overload on our end. However, if it's still happening and you've tried restarting/reinstalling let me know. I'll try to get more info from you and talk with the team about this.

13. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    The city in this game is a lot more impressive than the previous one. (iPad 3 screenshot) And yes, I went ahead and bought one of the cheaper costumes. It makes Spidey look a bit more badass as he swings around the city.

[​IMG]

14. Ne0ndrag0n

Ne0ndrag0n Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    Ultimate spidey!

15. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    How much was it?

16. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    I don't see how online only prevents piracy? I have seen tons of online only games with hackers in it.... Regardless I'm going to pass on this one. Not because I care so much about the online (I'm almost always near wifi) but my backlog is just too big to buy anything but the cream of the crop, which I don't think this is.

Hope everyone is enjoying the game though.

17. stlredbird

stlredbird Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    Any gameplay reviews? Was hoping TA would have one up today

18. scooter29

scooter29 New Member

Jan 2, 2013
    Too much to gets suit plus I need to be online? No thank you

19. JMan121314

JMan121314 Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2014
    I must admit I am enjoying the game a lot. However it does lag and sometimes fail to connect to the internet, but then it works fine.

I got it on my iPad 3 and iphone 5 and I found the iphone 5 works better. Strangely it synced my save from the iPad to the iPhone. That's pretty cool, was that cloud sync? I thought somone said it didn't have that.

Though between the graphics and constant internet access my phones battery does not last long...

20. JMan121314

JMan121314 Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2014
    Just an FYI only two of the suits have to be iap the rest can be unlocked in game eventually by the looks of it.