Universal The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Apr 18, 2014.

1. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

#21 Sanuku, Apr 18, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
    [​IMG]

Wait till your Spider Sense show you the Symbols in this Color instead of Red and you should then just tap it. I died there too till I realized that I have to wait and not just tap/beat the shit out of Electro.

I still believe that it`s something that should be (always) mentioned in the iTunes Store Description.

2. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    Yes, thanks, I figured it out after trying a few times. It's not exactly very clear what you are meant to be doing there though.

3. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Yup. Whether or not every company does this, I will no longer be purchasing premium single player games that require this constant connection. I will be satisfied with the ones I have. Social games are understandable, but games like this aren't worth it to me. Gameloft, I wanted to get this, but after trying to be supportive with Captain America, I'm throwing in the towel. Here's hoping sales don't go well for this and you seek to please your paying customers again.

4. Mysticpete

Mysticpete Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2012
    where android version?

Is it not on android yet?

5. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    I bit on Capt. America, even though I didn't want the "always online" requirement. I'm holding strong on this. I won't buy it. I WON'T! lol

6. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

It is.

7. Mysticpete

Mysticpete Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2012
    ok yea it wasnt coming up for me..why? well coz its not compatible with my device :(..well cant play it on ios and cant play it on android..this totally sucks!

8. kaibosh

kaibosh Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    if one more person full quotes the good/bad post I am going to take a large bite out of my iPad.

9. one.sixty.four

one.sixty.four Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    How nessesary are the iAPs? Since it's $5 I'm hoping that it's just for early unlocks and cosmetic changes. Any input would be appreciated!

10. postmodernpilot

postmodernpilot Active Member

May 30, 2012

Let me know if your iPad tastes good! :p

11. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Which 2 suits cant be earned in game?

12. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    Symbiote and Iron.

13. TouchGamer1987

TouchGamer1987 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Grad Student
    New York City
    I'm really enjoying this game so far. Good controls, good graphics, open world, but I can't stand how zoomed in the camera is on Spidey. Like he's all we see when he's on the ground. Really frustrating. I wish there were a 'zoom out' option.

14. Peteostro

Peteostro Active Member

Dec 13, 2008
    If you put your iPad in airplane mode does the game still look for internet connection? I would assume this is to fight piracy, but as usual it will be cracked in 2 seconds and will only hurt people paying for the game. We've been through this before on the PC side (sim city anyone) haven't these companies learned? Thanks for posting about this, No purchase from me until that's gone

15. Peteostro

Peteostro Active Member

Dec 13, 2008
    #35 Peteostro, Apr 18, 2014
    Probably to keep the frame rate up. The way the graphics chip works inside iPad/iPhone/iPod is stuff not on screen or behind something is not rendered. (Dreamcast used the same tech) so it allows you to render complex scenes will less power graphics. Has worked pretty well for these systems.

16. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #36 Rip73, Apr 18, 2014
    After two hours of play, I'd say completely unnecessary.
    Earning is at a very steady pace, not too much, not too little. I've unlocked quite a lot on the skill tree already.
    There is an awful lot there to unlock but opening up the skill tree through normal play seems balanced and about the way games used to be anyway.
    Plus there is a long way to go in the game yet so earning the stuff over that is proving a strong impetus to play.
    The two suits that are iap only do have some minor skill stats but offer no real advantage over the other ones and I'm personally preferring the standard suit.
    There is no real reason to buy them and all the other ones can either be bought early or just earned in the game which seems perfectly fine.
    They're really just skins at the end of the day with slightly different stats but offer no advantage in gameplay.
    Nothing at all seems out of hand so far.
    Currency can be bought but that is to be expected.
    I've a good portion of my combo skill set achieved already without even noticing iap or earnings for in game currency so thats probably a key point.

That skill tree for combos and skills adds a huge amount the game. A vast improvement on the first one. Adds a load of depth to it.
    Draw distance is surprisingly good and the majority is rendered very well.
    Framerate has been rock solid on iPhone 5 and iPad 4 so far, no stutters or slowdowns.
    No bugs that I've seen similar to Cap A, everything seems to be saving and working as it should be in relation to skill tree upgrades and the like.
    Connects away fine even on a very weak barely one bar 3G signal and still saves fine. Signal did drop fully a couple of times for me for a few seconds but the game maintained so I'm assuming there is an element of connection timeout leeway as it still stayed going for those few seconds and saved the correct point at finish.

Lots and lots of missions in a huge environment and an arena mode that I haven't played yet and a daily reward system for in game currency and items that'll probably come in very handy at some stage.
    There seems to be a whole lot to do here.

I also set the camera sensitivity slider a bit lower than default position as it tended to be a bit over rotating but its much better after adjusting. I'm sure everybody will have their own personal preference but I would recommend using it to find the ideal set up.

Overall, it's very solid game that seems to be a cross between the combat system in Total Mayhem (an all time favourite) and the open world of the previous one but rendering on a much superior level.
    Graphics a re without a doubt top notch. Some of the citizens are a bit low poly but Spidey and combat opponents look very good. And the city looks amazing.
    Even the voice acting seems character appropriate.
    People can skip it because its got the online connection thing if they want but they will be missing out on a hell of a fun game.
    It's very much what I was hoping the last one would be but didn't turn out to be for me and this one has improved in every area over the last one.
    The skill tree is the standout feature for me but the draw distance and smoothness of it has impressed me as well. And there seems to be plenty of story so far.

17. speedyph

speedyph 🌊🌊🌊🏃🏃😂😂😂⚡️⚡️⚡️

Feb 3, 2013
    great review man #########☝️#

18. goodboyback

goodboyback Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2014
    It wouldn't be if we would not buy it,in the same way how microsoft ditched always online on xbox one because of negative response.

But since my brother has purchased it I will give my impressions on it soon.

19. chickdigger802

chickdigger802 Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Atlanta GA
    probably not a good idea to play before watching the movie?

20. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Totally agree maybe we can get a quick update for a zoom out option, Ryan can you relay this?