The 7th Guest!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by DavidLeblond, Nov 1, 2010.

1. pablo6630

pablo6630 Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2010
    any release date?:confused:

2. Ouisch

Ouisch Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2009
    Nothing specific. Early Dec.

3. Codhisattva

Codhisattva Active Member

Nov 9, 2010
    CTO Trilobyte Games
    Talent, OR
    Hey, I'm the lead on the 7th Guest port and this is a straight off port with the original videos. No new CGI, all the old fmvs. Very cool and true to the original.

4. Codhisattva

Nov 9, 2010
    CTO Trilobyte Games
    Talent, OR
    Yeah - it's not submitted yet, so no way to pin down a real date. I'll let you know when we know.

5. Ouisch

Ouisch Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2009
    #25 Ouisch, Nov 16, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2010
    Apparently the iPhone version (at least) will be missing a couple of puzzles:

http://www.facebook.com/notes/the-7th-guest/update-from-trilobyte-games/172741532752710

Can't say I'm too disappointed about the piano puzzle as (IIRC), it was basically just a "simon" type puzzle. And to be totally honest, I'm not sure which puzzle the "pentagram" puzzle actually is (does that refer to the one on the front door with the spiders?). My only hope is that even if these puzzles are missing, you'll still be able to enter the rooms where they were triggered and see the ghost cutscenes that happened before/after them.

Too bad they had to cut some puzzles, but understandable considering the size of the screen they're dealing with. It would likely come down to either cutting them or re-coding them from scratch to work on a smaller screen. Sounds like there's a chance the "Pentagram" one could show up on the iPad version anyway.

Man, I couldn't be more excited about this port. :)

EDIT: Link now dead and twitter post removed. Maybe they spoke too soon?

6. Ouisch

Ouisch Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2009
    Well, they just updated their update. :p

Looks like not only the two puzzles I mentioned above are going, but the microscope one as well.

http://www.facebook.com/notes/the-7th-guest/update-from-trilobyte-games/173197292707134

That one stings a bit. As hard as the microscope puzzle was, it was one of my favorite puzzles. I spent hours trying to defeat that thing.

Hopefully they'll be keeping any of the ghost cut-scenes that came before/after those puzzles. Although, to tell the honest truth I can't remember if there were any (I'm pretty sure there was for the piano at least). As far as I remember though, there was a ghost cut-scene after the completion of pretty much every puzzle.

7. Ouisch

Ouisch Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2009
    Well, according to their twitter:

"#7thguest code just uploaded and now its journey through Apple's review process. Appearence in app store now imminent."

No word on whether they gave Apple a set release date, or it will just be released whenever approved.

If it's the latter, we can keep our fingers crossed for "quite soon" as it's a higher profile release.

8. Codhisattva

Nov 9, 2010
    CTO Trilobyte Games
    Talent, OR

Hey Ouisch,

You're right about the piano having a cut scene. It will play when appropriate at the piano. The others didn't have anything.

Also, stay tuned to @trilobytegames as there should be some good news soon about the microscope.

Cheers,
    John

9. Ouisch

Ouisch Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2009
    Thanks for the info Codhisattva! :)

My memory is a bit foggy as I haven't played through the 7th Guest in years, but back in the day I played through it countless times so I was almost sure I could remember a cutscene at the piano. Awesome to know that will still be included!

Keeping my fingers crossed about the Microscope as well. ;)

Man I hope this game cruises through the approval process. I can't wait to play it again.

10. MaverickX12

MaverickX12 Active Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Where is this, anyway? It was submitted a week ago, right? I'm chomping at the bit and i'm hoping we don't have much longer to wait.

11. Deamon34

Deamon34 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2010
    I want this game so bad it hurts. First ever game on my PC many moons ago. Hoping it comes out today.

12. Ouisch

Ouisch Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2009
    Yeah, I'm keeping my fingers crossed too. :) There's a chance, but it's probably fairly small. Apparently games have been taking minimum 10 days to get through the process these days, and this game was submitted on Dec. 2nd. Likely the earliest we'd see it would be Dec. 12 (Sunday).

That being said... man do I hope it comes out today. :p

13. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Can't wait too for #7thguest to land on my iPhone.
    I stll remember buying a CDRom to play it.
    It's incredible how far technology has come...and The 7th Guest is one of those timeless titles that is real good no matter the medium.

Ah!!!
    How does it feel to be the first living creature to set foot in this dungeon?
    #7thguest
    Cannot wait to hear it again!!!

14. Codhisattva

Nov 9, 2010
    CTO Trilobyte Games
    Talent, OR
    Back for more?

Both the iPhone and the iPad versions are available at midnight tonight, local time!

15. Codhisattva

Nov 9, 2010
    CTO Trilobyte Games
    Talent, OR
    Live in the US now!

Welcome to my ... house.