The $1 screen protector from meritline is better than the ZAGG

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by wikoogle, Jul 6, 2009.

1. wikoogle

wikoogle Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    I bought the 3 pack of screen protectors for $3 with free shipping from meritline.

http://www.meritline.com/iphone-3g-clear-screen-film-010---p-28908.aspx

It was taking a while to ship so once I got my phone, eager to protect it I bought the $30 ZAGG screen protector that everyone seems to be raving about.

I wasn't happy with it, the installation was a pain and left bubbles and stuff all over.

Worse of all, the top half, screen protector had little chaff on the ends.

Basically, I was very unhappy with the install.

Then finally, a week later, I recieved my meritline order with 3 $1 screen protectors, a $2 car charger, and two phone cases.

One of the phone cases was poor quality, but the other case, the car charger, and esp the screen protectors were all excellent.

It was no hassle installing them (the hardest part was ripping off the Zagg screen protector and cleaning out the gunk it left behind) and the screen protector has been fantastic.

Just goes to show you, the higher priced product isn't always the best one.

2. dannys95

dannys95 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    interesting..........i was gonna get it from ZAGG. might get the 10-pack.

question to meritline. r u jailbroke? :

[​IMG]

3. worldcup1100

worldcup1100 Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    #3 worldcup1100, Jul 6, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2009
    Yep, I had huge issues with my screen protector from Zagg and eventually ruined it trying to remove bubbles. Stick to the cheap ones even if they are a little lower quality.

EDIT: And wikoogle, which case were you happy with? Link?

4. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

5. learjetzoom

learjetzoom Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    What case are you using Hodapp?

6. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Haven't used a case since I got my first non-3G iPhone on launch day. Neither my 2G iPhone, 3G iPhone, or 3GS show any screen scratches. Cases seem excessive.

7. goldglover411

goldglover411 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2009
    ipod touch game reviewer
    USA
  8. BATTLE BORN

BATTLE BORN Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    I use a case because I will drop my phone from time to time.

but as for screen protectors. I used one on my 1st gen iphone, but my brother, sister, and mom did not. all of their screens look just as flawless as mine does. that's pretty good considering my mom and sis keep them stuffed in a purse all day. I've decided not to bother putting a screen guard on my new 3GS.

9. CBraun53

CBraun53 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2008
    That was the 3G. There have been a decent amount of people on MacRumors saying that they're 3GS has been getting small scratches even though they use it in the same way they used their original and 3G iPhones with no screen protectors for a year.

On another note, has anyone felt that the anti-glare from power support has a sort of stickiness when they scroll up and down with their finger? I never noticed this with the original iPhone and the anti-glare, but it's driving me crazy with my 3GS.

10. learjetzoom

learjetzoom Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    I have been through 7 iPhones through various purchases and exchanges and have always used a soft cloth case, similar to the type of case you might stick your sunglasses in. The cloth case prevents against scratches on the screen as well as the metallic surfaces on the bezel and the Apple logo on the back. The case is microfiber so it is a great tool for removing smudges from the phone and removing dust from the screen. Until the 3GS I had been using screen protectors but, from what I've seen, the screen is very scratch resistant anyway. Though I would like to use a case to prevent "drop damage," I think cases can cause more harm than benefit. I have seen many iPhone users with cases that have severe pitting and scratching from the dirt/dust that gets trapped between the case and their device.

11. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    I have that screen saver. I don't notice a stickiness per se. There is some tactile feeback, but I think that is due to the antiglare properties. The screen is great out doors. I waffle about getting a clear one. I like the application of the Power Support brand. It is much easier than any screen protector I have ever used on any platform..

12. Phil_Synowiec

Phil_Synowiec Well-Known Member

I ordered from meritline aswell, I ordered a 10 pack of em for $8, Im planning to sell them to friends for like $5-$10 each haha. If that works out ill Buy more, do the same. Profit =D

How long did it take you the recieve your order, its been about a week for me.

13. wikoogle

Jun 10, 2009
    #13 wikoogle, Jul 8, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2009
    I ordered several different meritline cases since we have 3 iPhones in the family, will let u guys know which one is my favorite in 3 wks when they get here.

14. dannys95

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    #14 dannys95, Jul 10, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2009
    deleted

15. wikoogle

Jun 10, 2009
  16. dannys95

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    just bought 3 for my ipod. ppl keep saying they're good so why not? only $3 with free shipping.

17. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    Same question for me, it's been 2 weeks for me