Thanksgiving Week Sales

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by SirAwesome, Nov 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SirAwesome

SirAwesome Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    Im really looking into getting a new ipad eventually, which of these games would be good on a shiny new ipad (universal games too) ? Was thinking settlers HD, i have the ipod version but haven't played it yet

And updated the list for more sales

2. TiltMyTouch

TiltMyTouch Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Perhaps the non-gaming apps should be moved into that thread pluto6 made?

3. DemonJim

DemonJim Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2010
    App Developer
    UK
    #303 DemonJim, Nov 27, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2010
    Maybe I'm a tad biased here, but Lead Wars is on sale until Nov 29th (33% off), and is a Universal app so great for iPad, especially now iOS 4.2 is out you can play head-to-head on Game Center.

I only mention it because it isn't on your list and naturally I would love it to be. :)

</Blatant plug>

4. SirAwesome

SirAwesome Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    Ill add them to the tread that he made didnt know there was one

5. zman2100

zman2100 Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Investment Consultant
    Jacksonville, FL
    Lord of the Rings: Middle Earth Defense is now on sale from $6.99-->$4.99

6. djflippy

djflippy Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Down from $9.99, actually.

7. zman2100

zman2100 Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Investment Consultant
    Jacksonville, FL
    I was talking about the iPhone version but your comment has proven us both correct. The iPhone version is on sale from $6.99-->$4.99 and the iPad version is on sale from $9.99-->$4.99.

8. arnoldc

arnoldc Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    It is not on the first post and I didn't go through the whole thread.

Ubisoft's Dawn of Discovery is on sales from $2.99 to $0.99. I missed the previous sales back in October so I am glad it's on sales again.

9. djflippy

Mar 9, 2009
    Oh, sorry. I did a search first to check if there was an iPhone version and didn't get a hit, but I must have mistyped it.

10. djflippy

Mar 9, 2009
    I'm still writing up my impressions for the main thread, but just as a heads up to potential buyers:

Lead Wars is a brilliant and innovative game.

11. Graveyard Shift just dropped to $0.99. Doesn't appear to be officially affiliated with the holiday weekend, but a sale is a sale.

12. TheUnrealEngine

TheUnrealEngine Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Student/Lifeguard
    Vancouver, BC
    Notable game missing from this list is Dropple which is FREE

13. heavy liquid

heavy liquid Well-Known Member

May 17, 2010
    Damn, Broken Sword HD is back up to 8 bucks. That's what I get for waffling and taking too long to make up my mind. :(

14. Gubble HD is on for $0.99. Kind of a cool little Pac Man on acid sort of thing with some interesting variations and strategies.

15. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Assassin's Creed II from Ubisoft is on sale too, please add it to the list :)

16. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

You've missed a great game for sure.

17. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Minefield -

I am just sort of following you around and buying games that you are suggesting - that could be dangerous to my health, and the health of my wallet... :D

But, you have an excellent track record for enjoying games that I too enjoy, so what the heck...

18. Heh -- not too sure if it'll endanger your health unless you find something so addictive you forget to feed yourself, but the wallet ... whole different story. But I look at it like this: I didn't spend about $30 (so far), I saved myself well over $100. Faced with such irrefutable logic, I find it hard to harbor any regrets. :)

There is a slightly odd control issue with Gubble at times it seems, but they can be compensated for, and the game is just different enough from the staid formula to be rather interesting. It's kind of Pac Man meets Crystal Castles meets ... well, I dunno what else. It's packaged a little too cutesy maybe, but it's easily a buck's worth of fun.

19. djflippy

Mar 9, 2009
    This is one of the best adventure games ever made. It's easily worth 8 other apps...

20. skeeter

skeeter Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Secret of The Lost Cavern was on sale for .99 (advertised it on the iTunes page for .79..glitch bc I was charged .99) which I bought yesterday. Now it is up to $1.99 along with the rest of the episodes. I guess this was a quick sale. Are the other eps worth the money?