Thank You Developers

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by pluto6, Aug 4, 2009.

1. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    I have been involved with TA for about a month now I'd guess. And in that time I would have to say that the developers that participate on these forums are outstanding for the most part.

They listen to ideas, incorporate things into the games, give games away for free, deal courteously with complaints, and problems, and are all around some of the best participants on the forums.

Now, I know that not all actions are altruistic, and they are trying to generate interest in a product so it can be marketed. But, I think that the level of interest and participation is beyond just trying to market a product. I think that they also are true gamers, and also just some nice people. My experiences on TA have been wonderful for me, and if others agree with me, I would ask that you add a +1 to the thread or a comment and show the developers that we love them too.

2. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Yes, I agree with you.
    I think that developers that go to the effort of participating in forums and listening to feedback need to be rewarded with praise and app purchases ;).
    I have talked to some excellent developers and have seen many of my own ideas go into their games. If every developer participated in forums and actually listened to feedback, apps would be so much better.

3. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    Agreed, it's great to discuss new ideas with developers and then see them implemented. Always nice when a dev participates and listens

4. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    +11111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111.1

The devs here care about the games and making them into what both they and us gamers want to play, instead of just cheaply catering to the consumers to sell the most copies. Being able to talk with them, ask them questions, and actually getting to know the process being simply "magic" is a mutually beneficial process that's simply awesome. I tip my hat to you, devs ;)

5. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    +1

I completely agree. Even though I am not a developer myself, I am very much for developer rights and it pisses me off how much these great devs have to put up with Apple's bullshit. Hopefully that changes soon, but this is an awesome thread. Thanks for your great games and hearing out our ideas further making the games we have come to love and enjoy EVEN better. You all f*cking rock (Well... the most of you anyways) and because of you all I am pretty much broke. Thanks! :p

/salute

6. randomdude

randomdude Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    +1 for Javier. He's the one who made quantum collapse and he's very involved with it
    THANK YOU DEVS you guys are the best :D

7. Nico75

Nico75 Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2009
    I have also been here for about a month and the devs are really great. Not only are most of them active in the forums but they also take feedback. Thank you devs.

8. lfg_grace

lfg_grace Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Low Five Games - underling #1
    San Francisco, CA
    This is a really sweet thread. Actually, I think developers are/should be grateful for the active community on TA. The response to Earth Vs Moon has been overwhelmingly positive and supportive and TA users gave us thoughtful, intelligent feedback.

Also, I think Arn & Co. have done a great job of creating a venue where developers can interact with their players in substantive and meaningful way. Through TA we have been able to recruit beta testers, establish a group, and have an active conversation about the game. That's in addition to the immediacy of our contact with all players on the forums. For an indie developer with a very small budget, TA is an invaluable asset.

So, really, thank you Touch Arcade and everyone here. :p