iPad Texas Hold'em roundup?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by dugbug, Jul 20, 2008.

1. dugbug

dugbug Active Member

Jul 13, 2008
  2. Schooby41

Schooby41 New Member

Jul 20, 2008
    I'll be the first to buy THTouch whenever it arrives. I used it prior to the AppStore on a jailbroken iPhone. Quick, simple, intuitive. I haven't tried any of the ones currently out there, but from my time with THTouch, that is the one to get. It sounds like it won't have multiplayer to begin with, but that's not a big deal to me.

3. lws

lws Active Member

4. nickels

nickels Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Web Developer / Designer
    PA, USA
    dugbug - why do you hate the Apple Texas Holdem so much? I am not saying it is the best game ever made, but its not that bad.

5. Jesse Arcadia

Jesse Arcadia Active Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Running for the gold--not working so I can build m
    Los Angeles
    I actually quite like the Apple version. It's more of a casual game version of TH, I admit, so if you're an actual player and you want a challenge, it's useless.

For those who don't know, the fun part of the game is that the video opponents have these "tells" that are really easy to spot. If you watch carefully, you can decisively clean somebody out when you know they're bluffing, which is kind of fun.

But what can I say--I enjoyed it. You can also play head-to-head on WiFi, but you might as well just use actual cards.

6. MacGyver

MacGyver Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Agreed, I thought too it was extremely well done, I've never seen anything like the overlays they used before, it looks great.

As far as the 'winks' go, you can just switch to the bird-eye-view which is much more useable anyways.

Nonetheless for 99 cents I think i'll check this one out ;)

7. Hitman45

Hitman45 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    iPhone Gamer
    Williamstown, NJ
    I love the one from Apple. But THTouch is a blast. Ive tried online adreniline poker too. Thats cool because you can play online a nd chat.

8. ricky

ricky Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2008
    the apple one is my favorite by far. the presentation and graphics are stunning for only $5. and the AI is great too. thtouch looks very good though too for only 99 cents

9. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    I actually like Adrenaline Poker Online. It's a little slow - the adrenaline thing is very misleading - but that's because the players are slow, not the game. I like playing against real people, but they seem to move much slower online than when they're right in front of you.

If you want to play real people, it's the only one I've seen.

10. CloneWars

CloneWars Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Bank Robber
    Atlantic Ocean
    I also enjoy the apple version i currently have 20 million (I played it for about 8hrs straight on my plane ride to australia :))