Universal Tetrobot and Co. (by Swing Swing Submarine)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Apr 2, 2015.

1. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    Wow, I'm stuck in level 1-3.. Feel like a dufus ##

2. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    The first few set levels can feel a little tricky because you're still learning all the possible actions. Keep at it, it will click eventually.

3. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    Thanks for the encouragement.. Finally figured out 1-3 and I'm currently on 1-5

4. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Can someone PM me how to resolve 1-5? I can't figure out how to get the third gold bar ( the one with the "suspended" pair of blocks)

5. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    Done!

6. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    There are walkthroughs for every level on YouTube.

7. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    Yup, always an option when you are incredibly stuck. I've so far managed to avoid resorting to them. Solving a level is such a satisfying feeling!

8. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Thanks guys!

9. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    Just 100% completed the game! Easily one of the best puzzlers on iOS. The reward for getting 100% is pretty unique.

10. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Finally got around to picking this up and have to agree. This one is phenomenal. There's a real sense of discovery here in figuring out the various mechanics, and the game does a tremendous job in giving you subtle little clues as to how different puzzles work based on how things are laid out. If you see something and wonder why it is like that, it is there for a reason, you just have to figure out what.

If you love puzzle games that have lots of little "aha" moments, you should buy this immediately. I do encourage people to try and avoid the walkthroughs. If something seems impossible, you probably need a different approach and much of the joy comes from figuring that out.

11. Makoto

Makoto Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2014
    This one is really good, puzzler fans shouldn't miss it. Pity that it has no level editorÂ…

12. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    The Pretty grain of sand achievement unlocked for me even though I had a glass block instead of sand. I of course replayed the level and ended with a sand for peace of mind :)

I'm currently 100% up to 6-5 without using help, these puzzles are outstanding!

13. Makoto

Makoto Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2014
    I knew this would be your cup of tea :)

14. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    Agreed. I'm not very good at difficult puzzle games and I found some of the levels here really hard, but I still managed to solve them all (I'm at 50% now and blown away that there's still so much game left). I was stuck for a long time on 3-6 and Big Mama, but I did solve them in the end. The levels are made so well, you never feel that it's just complicated difficulty for the sake of being difficult.

It's nice that you can continue without getting all gold blocks. I did do that on a few occassions (sometimes because I made a mistake earlier that made it impossible to get the last block, sometimes because I just didn't see the solution). When I later went back to do the level with 3 gold blocks, I always succeeded. This is the kind of game where you get better at the puzzles over time, so what seemed too difficult once seems very logical a few levels later. I really love how self-explaining the game is. Though there has been one time when I stumbled upon a solution (and mechanic) by complete accident, just because I threw a block in the wrong direction. But this is not generally the kind of puzzle where you just stumble your way through; the puzzles are logical and they make complete sense.

15. Makoto

Makoto Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2014
    Did you mean
    the mechanic that blocks can be shot at the slimes to become sticky
    by the solution you stumbled upon? Just curious, cuz I did stumble upon that one XD

16. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    Yup, that's the one Makoto! I was stuck for quite a while too before I stumbled upon that, though as always in retrospect it made perfect sense.
    I guess I'm too much of a pacifist to think of that myself :)

17. crazygamer_nid

crazygamer_nid New Member

Dec 14, 2015
    I will definitely buy it!

18. Makoto

Makoto Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2014
    Hahaha, me too:)

19. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    I've been playing this one off and on over the last week. The quality of this game is absolutely (or maybe appsolutely) outstanding. It just keeps getting better and better. There are enough new wrinkles added as you play that it doesn't become stale and you continually have to find new ways to beat the levels.

The puzzles become quite challenging, without over-reliance on timing or absurd levels of complexity. Instead they utilize the way the various objects in the game interact with one another. And one of the things that I love is that getting 100% on a level often requires you to revisit an earlier spot in that level and devising a way to complete that section more efficiently (providing an extra block to use elsewhere).

I have had levels where I spent an hour or two trying various solutions without success before I figured out what I needed to do and it was glorious. This is the rare game where, because the puzzles never feel cheap or unfair, I know I am going to figure it out eventually and there is no impulse to simply YouTube the solution and move on.

I don't know what else to add. This is an incredibly good logic puzzler, possibly the best the App Store has ever seen (and I have played many). Charming. Pleasing graphics. Substantial amount of content. Challenging puzzles of the highest quality.

Anyone with a passing interest in logic puzzles should get this immediately.

20. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    One of my favourite puzzle games ever, looks like it was removed from AppStore #