Universal [Testers Wanted] Save Eddy Smile, New Game From Fineallday

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Fineallday, Aug 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

Would you like to be a beta tester (iOs) for Save Eddy Smile / if yes, send us your email

1. Yes

7 vote(s)
    87.5%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. Fineallday

Fineallday Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2016
    Founder of Fineallday
    Québec, Canada
    #1 Fineallday, Aug 25, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
    ***Updated August 2020

LOOKING FOR TESTERS!
    That will provide feedback.
    Send us a PM or comment with your TestFlight email.

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi Touch Arcade friends, it been a long time, (too long)...
    We are happy to be back with a preview of our next game. We have been working on it for almost 3 years and we need your feed back!

SAVE EDDY SMILE

The Goal: Rescue Eddy and his friends or capture Rory and save the friends... using your skills and wit.

Ways to lose (in both modes): electricity depletion, Eddy dies, Rory dies, the roof takes too much damage.

Please ask us questions, leave comments and more... ⚡⚡⚡⚡
    Look at the pool!

Thanks to all who will agree to test the game! We will send you the TestFlight Invite.

Best,
    Fineallday Games.

Zaf-1 likes this.
  2. Capronissimo71

Capronissimo71 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2011
    Male
    Italy
  3. Fineallday

Dec 22, 2016
    Founder of Fineallday
    Québec, Canada
    Perfect, we will let you know as soon as the "testflights" will begin!

4. Legion180

Legion180 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2015
    Fineallday likes this.
  5. Capronissimo71

Capronissimo71 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2011
    Male
    Italy
    Thanks!

6. Fineallday

Dec 22, 2016
    Founder of Fineallday
    Québec, Canada
    Thanks!

7. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
  8. slack8182

slack8182 Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2017
  9. Fineallday

Dec 22, 2016
    Founder of Fineallday
    Québec, Canada
    Perfect! Thanks :)

10. Hilda LLL

Hilda LLL Member

Jul 11, 2018
    Female
  11. Fineallday

Dec 22, 2016
    Founder of Fineallday
    Québec, Canada
    Great! We are almost ready... Game dev is always longer than expected...

12. Fineallday

Dec 22, 2016
    Founder of Fineallday
    Québec, Canada
    BETA TESTING IS ON!

13. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @Fineallday do you have enough testers? If you’re in need for more, I’d be more than happy to offer my services. From what I’ve seen it looks intriguing.

Fineallday likes this.
  14. Fineallday

Dec 22, 2016
    Founder of Fineallday
    Québec, Canada
    We would be very happy to add your expertise to the testing crew! We would just need the email your are using for TestFlight. You can PM it if you want.

macplash likes this.
  15. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Fineallday likes this.
  16. Fineallday

Dec 22, 2016
    Founder of Fineallday
    Québec, Canada
  17. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Alright. First of all, I’m not gonna judge this game as a free to play one. I didn’t get deep enough to see if there’s any paywall or necessity to buy something. So, let’s just approach it as a game, plain and simple.

It lacks tutorial or any explanation on what’s happening, how and why whatsoever. I’m just thrown into the game to figure everything by myself and I don’t like it. It’s a puzzler. I should get familiar with game mechanics throughout first few stages by guidance to be able to focus on puzzles. It may sound paradoxical, but it’s not.

Sometimes magnet sticks to an object on its own just by getting close, sometimes I need to tap the same object to stick to it. Sometimes it sticks like it’s glued, sometimes it just falls off. Why?

In stage 6 there’s this puzzle piece that just explodes when I get close to it. Why? It didn’t happen with puzzle pieces in previous stages.

There are different magnets to collect. Do they behave differently? Or are those just collectible skins? Should I choose different one for particular stage to gain advantage? Again, no explanation whatsoever.

The energy necessary for magnet being able to pull up an object. When I ran out. Instead of giving me an option to get 10 by watching an ad or to buy 250 for unknown price wouldn’t it be more convenient to explain there are energy blocks to collect in particular stage to increase energy level in the first place?

Another thing I don’t like is the fact I have to collect everything at once to perfect the level. Why can’t I collect a puzzle piece during different run? It feels like a collectible, but has to be picked up with the rest.

Also I don’t fully understand how Game Center leaderboards works at the moment. Especially the appearance of some confusing values there. Like why is everyone 48?

So far I’m on a fence. I like the physics and overall idea of puzzles. I like presentation. There’s a lot to play, even more to collect. There are power-ups (even though I still don’t know if they’re specific for particular stage like dynamite or do I keep them for later use), different magnets and whatnot. There’s also a room for improvement as I mentioned earlier. The most critical one is the lack of tutorial.

Still, I’m gonna play more. That has to mean something, right?;)

18. Fineallday

Dec 22, 2016
    Founder of Fineallday
    Québec, Canada
    First of all, thank you! :)

I will try to go over all the info your giving us:

- Tutorials: We had some tutorials, it seems players were just skipping them... So we tried to make very easy first levels that would kind of teach the mechanics by themselves... With your comments it means we have to make it better. We will try to give more guiding information in the levels.

- Magnet: This is a tough one... We will try to make it more obvious. At the moment: when the magnet is red it can stick to movable objects and when it is grey it won't stick. I coud give more explanations about this mechanic but I prefer not. Since the game should not need me to explain to players.. it means we have to improve it.

- Level 6: hint.. the puzzle explodes because it touches the killing block under...There is a way to get if safely... :)

- Collectable magnets - We will fix this, we have an idea. Thanks. (at the moment you can click on a magnet to see the stats)

-Electricity, there is 2 types of electricity, blue: not kept from one level to the other, yellow you can keep for later.
    We will try to make that more clear. Since you are right, it is not explained...

Puzzles and prefect: To get a prefect score you need to save all the friends and Eddy. The puzzle is not part of the perfect mechanic. But as you point out it is not clear... At the moment, if you pickup the puzzle then save Eddy you will finish the level with a non-perfect score but the puzzle will be yours. (The puzzle piece will not be visible in the level if you play it again). We will try to make this obvious.

- GameCenter: these numbers are temporary, just random numbers from testers. We did not spend much time on this feature yet. We are focusing more on the game at the moment.

Once again I would like to share our gratitude for your thoughtful comments and observations. :)

If you play more, let us know if some of your observations evolve over time...

Best,
    Dominick,
    Fineallday Games inc

kline6666 and macplash like this.
  19. Fineallday

Dec 22, 2016
    Founder of Fineallday
    Québec, Canada

----
    We just invited you to a new TestFlight version of the game. We have tried to improve a lot of aspects. Your previous comments were very helpful, so if you feel like it and play the game once more we would love to hear what you think!

Best,
    Fineallday