Universal Test Chamber - Mind-bending Puzzles (by M LE KRUPA & T.J LEE)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Apr 9, 2015.

1. ThumbSnail

ThumbSnail Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2015
    One-Man Game Developer
    Under a Raincloud
    @y2kmp3- Yeah, I think the devs just input the wrong values for gold/silver/bronze for Level 15 as anything beyond bronze is out of reach.

@InkyTheGhost- Nice! Yeah, it's tough when you're so close. Best of luck on the rest!

2. saosijs

saosijs Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    In the meantime, somewhere out there ... :)

Attached Files:

3. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Nice find, saosijs. Mystery solved. ;)

4. Champagne01

Champagne01 Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    #44 Champagne01, May 13, 2015
    Last edited: May 13, 2015
    15 must be bugged. I saw the walkthrough on YouTube and the gold was for 15 steps or something, not the 7 it is now.

Is the developer checking this forum?

Completed the free levels and will unlock the full game to support the devs, but wouldn't be great if the rating system was actually broken...could well waste time trying to solve something that isn't solvable.

Edit - just saw the YouTube screen above, which is the one I saw. Fixes coming?

5. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    No dev here and no news, so I dropped sharkjumpstudios an email, inviting them to this forum. I found an address on their web site.

6. ShinHadoukin

ShinHadoukin Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2015
    Is there a way to pan around the world? On my iPhone 6 parts are not in screen. I happened to notice a speech bubble on the edge. Are you all playing in larger devices?

7. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    I mentioned the forum to the this time last month when I emailed then about something, so I wouldn't hold your breath.

They did respond to my email pretty quickly though.

8. ThumbSnail

Jan 13, 2015
    One-Man Game Developer
    Under a Raincloud
    @ShinHadoukin- Huh, I'm surprised the speech bubble doesn't wrap around to the other side of the screen (as well as the character it's attached to). But I've been playing on an iPad2 and have only seen other people play it on iPads, so I'm not sure about phones.

9. ShinHadoukin

ShinHadoukin Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2015
    Thanks. Yea, I've playing on lunch at work so on my phone, but I don't want to miss out on the character of the game with the smaller screen. I guess I'll use my iPad.

10. Champagne01

Sep 8, 2009
    Shame - good idea though. I spent a good while looking for a secret path on level 15! Surprised something like that got through, and on the last free level where it stands out ;;

No wrapping problems on my 6+. Not up to level 15 at least.

11. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    Got an answer from Shark Jump Studios! Thanks for that! (I know you're reading the forum ;)). They are aware of the "medal bug" and are patching it (along with some other changes). They do want to appear on the forum but are waiting until the patch is ready so they really have something to say :)

About the wrapping: my only problem (iPad mini2) sometimes is that a part of a world sometimes is not (completely) visible because it is on the border on the top and also on the border of, for example, the left. But I could argue that just enhances the visualization challenge aspect of the puzzle ;) What is a bit strange, is that the main character can walk up to a static character, but that then the text balloon appears on an other static character (well, it still would be the "same" in this wrapping world LOL)

12. Champagne01

Sep 8, 2009
    Great stuff - thanks for reporting in. Looking forward to the patch!

13. Pantsjo

Pantsjo Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2011
    Netherlands
    Loving Test Chamber.

Stuck on level 20 'Extra Bit' for a while now. Any hints?

14. ThumbSnail

Jan 13, 2015
    One-Man Game Developer
    Under a Raincloud
    @Pantsjo- Just to warn you, the hint you likely need ends up pretty much being the solution:
    You'll need to use one of the blocks to form a vise with another wall. By doing so, you can now push a block off the edge and have it held in place by the two walls instead of falling into the abyss.

15. Pantsjo

Pantsjo Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2011
    Netherlands
    Thanks ThumbSnail, got it!
    To me some of the physics in the game are counterintuitive, which really made me get stuck on this one. It's funny how you already have build yourself a notion of what is and is not possible in a game, even before you try it out.

16. lanedaughtry

lanedaughtry Member
    Patreon Indie

Aug 3, 2013
    Professional Developer
    Seattle, WA
    I so badly want more levels for this game! One of my favorite puzzle games on mobile.

17. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    What's New in Version 3.07 (Aug-18, 2015)
    - 3 new levels!
    - Improved level order (if you encounter a level you have already completed, you may skip it via. level select).
    - Fixed some in-app purchase issues.
    - Fixed some levels being impossible to get Gold medals for.

18. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    Awesome to be able to play a little more of this fantastic game!

small note: I used to have only Bronze on that Level 15, but now have (minimally) gold on all levels thanks to the 3.07 update, but the Silver and Gold achievements did not unlock for me. I did finish some levels better than Gold (Green) at the first attempt, not sure if that has to do anything with it?