Universal Tesla vs Lovecraft (by 10tons Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by nyanpass, Oct 24, 2018.

1. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Tesla vs Lovecraft reminds me of Crimsonland. This is a more evolved twin stick shooter game than ever before. As you may know, 'Tesla vs Lovecraft' supports 8 languages. As far as I know, it's the first time they support multiple languages in their games. Therefore, I would like to appreciate this more. By the way, you know what? 10tons is a developer who has already become the 15th anniversary. Congrats! :)

[​IMG]

sebgo and leokamiya like this.
  2. leokamiya

leokamiya Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2017
    This game has that “one more stage” charm and loop that good games have. I’m playing with a controller and halfway through the first map. I can’t wait to see how hard this gets at later stages.

sebgo and nyanpass like this.
  3. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Tesla vs Lovecraft - Metacritic

[​IMG]

“It's got a good, weird premise and the gameplay, options, and upgrades make it feel like a direct sequel to Crimsonland.”
    Giant Bomb

“Blowing away hordes of otherworldly monsters as a gun-toting Nikola Tesla is pretty damn cool.”
    Destructoid

“The rapid, frantic gameplay delivered in snackable portions underscored by a fantastic soundtrack makes for a hugely entertaining experience”
    GameWatcher

4. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

It'll get hard even in the first map stages when you're near the end. I finished it (Normal Plane) last night and played the first few missions in the Aether Plane, where increased difficulty is already evident.

5. Legion180

Legion180 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2015
    Any plans on more weapons/perks? Is there an open map in endless mode (like in Crimsonland)?

6. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    So I understand the health question I had earlier and had been looking at the bar at the top and not the circle.

But something REALLY needs to be done about the teleporting. Double tapping sucks and doesn’t even work half the time. And why do the options say it will show a dedicate button for teleporting but doesn’t? The game is just maddening because of it and increases the difficulty artificially because I don’t teleport even half the time I want to.

When is this being fixed?!?!!

Putting this aside until it is fixed and if it isn’t fixed, I’ll be getting a refund, it’s that bad — at least on my iPhone X.

sebgo likes this.
  7. 10tonsLtd

10tonsLtd Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Currently looking into the following issues:

* Crashing at startup
    * Performance issues on high-end devices
    * Separate Ability virtual button (like with teleport)
    * Disabling Double Tap if the virtual key is visible
    * Button sizes on certain devices

We can't promise you an ETA, other than ASAP.

denatwork, Lull4by, leokamiya and 3 others like this.
  8. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

I get you, current issues are frustrating, especially for iPhX and iPad (I think) owners, but keep in mind it's 10tons we're talking about here; they've usually been pretty good at updating, optimizing and keeping their games running properly, and I don't think they're gonna mess that, let alone with their latest release, so it's probably gonna be fixed... [we] just gotta be patient.

Actually I started playing JYDGE just recently (I got it on launch... played two missions... the end... until now) in order to get in the mood for more dualstickshooting-fun with the gorgeous game that Tesla vs Lovecraft seems to be (even with its flaws).

Also, don't forget that if you get a refund and the game gets updated to fix the issues you're reporting now, you might end up re-purchasing it, probably at a higher price and, even though it'd still be worth it, in the end it will only mean you wasted time and your energy at being mad (I think I went through this with another game, tho, so I'm not one to talk xD).

Great. This is what I'm talking about, @anthony78 !!

9. anthony78

Nov 13, 2015
    What about the virtual button for teleporting not even displaying at all on an iPhone X? This is a huge issue for me right now, more important than a separate ability button. Game is unplayable for me without this.

10. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

I think that's covered in the "Button sizes for certain devices". It's not showing on iPhX, probably due to some screen ratio issue, pretty much the same as with in iPad the button having a weirdly big size (I think that's what someone mentioned earlier). My guess is the dash button is being rendered outside of the UI.

As they said, they're working on it. Give them some time, as it'll be worth the wait.

11. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    I'm on iPhone X latest version of iOS 12 and the button shows for me. What iOS are you on?

12. anthony78

Nov 13, 2015
    Just as long as that is what they mean. I just wanted to be sure they understood the issue for iPhone X since they didn’t say “missing button”. Button size sounds completely different.

13. anthony78

Nov 13, 2015
    The newest version as well.

14. pathogen541

pathogen541 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2016
    I love 10 Tons. I've been playing your games since crimsonland. This is friggin RAD and I love the setting. LOVE IT. Keep it up y'all. MOAR PERKS MOAR GUNS MOAR EVERYTHING.

sebgo likes this.
  15. se99jmk

se99jmk Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2010
    Tip for the teleport - don’t tap on the middle of the left joystick, double tap outside of it, on the edge that you want to teleport to - I couldn’t get the hang of it until I figured this out!

Currently on last boss of first plane...

QUESTIONS:
    - “Special Mastery” perk - adds two uses, but does +50% damage apply to normal weapon or only special?

The monster kill bonus damage, does it only apply to that monster, or is it increasing your damage against all monsters?

sebgo likes this.
  16. anthony78

Nov 13, 2015
    Just deleted and reinstalled the game and now it is showing.

Kind of wish it was on the same side as movement stick but can’t be too picky. Have no idea why it wouldn’t display before deleting and reinstalling.

sebgo likes this.
  17. Lull4by

Lull4by Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    #57 Lull4by, Oct 30, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2018
    It only increases the specials damage since it’s name is “Special Mastery”;), there is a perk named “Reaper bullets” which increased your bullets damage.

The monster kill bonus seems only apply to the that kind of monster in my experience, that means if you find some monsters are tough to kill, searching the monsterpedia and farming specific levels to increase those kind of monster kill bonuses.

18. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

Yeah, you need to double-tap in the direction you want Tesla to go. It also applies for using skills and that's why an "ability" button would be a great addition above the movement stick, to work just like the dash button does above the aiming stick.

Although, this just ocurred to me... @10tonsLtd , wouldn't it be a viable option performing some "shake/jolt device" gesture to use abilities? Since adding the "ability button" above the movement stick means Tesla would have to stop walking/running briefly in order to use skills and this might lead to defeat in tight situations...

Man, taking so many requests and ideas from users must be exhausting even just by reading them, but I think it's us hoping to provide some cool and useful feedback to make your game greater. =D

19. se99jmk

se99jmk Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2010
    Yeah, figured +50% was too good to be true

And yeah, looks like I’ll be map farming those gigantic slugs then...

Any tips for the last boss on map 1?

20. Lull4by

Lull4by Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    #60 Lull4by, Oct 30, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2018
    Just keep running and teleporting, if your first weapon is bad, choose the perk “Supplier” asap if you can get it, to increase chance to get better weapons like Repeater Shotgun, you will get some good pickups as well.

Perks suggestion:
    Must have: Bullet Sharpening (If you can’t get it, use Gauss series), Regeneration
    The more the better: Extra Barrel, Reaper Bullets, Hasty Reloader
    Optional: Fast Shooting, Radiator, Dodging, Fast. Teleporter
    Depending on situation: Supplier

The Boss will teleport in front of you and shoot a lot of bullets immediately, so hold 1 teleporter always to escape it.

sebgo likes this.