Universal Tesla vs Lovecraft (by 10tons Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by nyanpass, Oct 24, 2018.

1. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Can you also look into health packs not doing anything to heal? Not sure if it’s just an iPhone X issue but they literally do nothing. Have died several times because of it.

sebgo likes this.
  2. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    This is an extraordinarily good twin stick. Good work, devs.

3. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

#23 sebgo, Oct 25, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
    I prefer using the dedicated teleport button (which should also disable the double tap gesture; after all, I enabled this button to avoid undesired teleporting) and I could use a similar button for abilities, too, since aiming abilities and double tapping may be quite difficult, like I found myself throwing plasma discs or using the sword attack (LOVE IT) in an opposite direction to enemies sometimes. This button could be located above the movement stick, pretty much the opposite to the teleport one.

Too much action and visual effects at once, make the game stutter, even on not-so-old devices like the iPhone 8.

It's a fun game, nonetheless, and it can only get better!

A physical controller is not mandatory, but the experience could be greatly increased with one (I remember playing Crimsonland with one and it was awesome).

I think it's an iPhX issue. I've been healed when I picked them up, using an iPhone 8.

4. bx59

bx59 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2016
    Amazing game but I agree, too much stutter, even on iPhone Xs Max. I actually sent a video about this to [email protected], hoping they solve this small issue asap so I can continue the fun.

sebgo likes this.
  5. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Just to confirm, is this game a rogue like of sorts or is it a forward moving progression game? Way too many rogue like top down shooters these days, so can't be too sure

6. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    It's a forward moving progression arena shooter. Have you played 10tons' own Crimsonland? This is the closest game of theirs to it.

7. paul.hendricks

paul.hendricks Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    Ran great on my 8plus in the test and no issues evident in the release so far. My settings are below:

85C8088A-9E84-4B12-B3BD-63EE69BAEF5A.jpeg

8. 10tonsLtd

10tonsLtd Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    But of course. I don't recall hearing about this before, so its sounds like a rare bug. Nevertheless, we'll look into it. The game is rather difficult without health packs.

I believe we have some idea why the game stutters on the newest devices, and we hope to address that in the next update.

denatwork, bx59 and sebgo like this.
  9. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    Do you have any idea why I cant play it at all?

10. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    Could you please
    Just to be sure as i was confused at first: Do you mean the ring around your character not showing heal? I was staring at the red bar in the upper left not seeing any healing and then realized the ring is my health

sebgo likes this.
  11. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    Resizable (or smaller) buttons for iPad would make this stellar. No other issues, really fun one—more—time game

12. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

Must be something related to my iOS version (11.3.1), but others reported it, too. And it's not like constant stuttering, more like frame skipping, just at times when there's too much action going on and visual effects. I have the same settings as yours.

Yeah, that's how they manage health in their games, Crimsonland, Neon Chrome, JYDGE, you name it. I can imagine you like "WTH, the more I kill these guys, the more HP I lose!" hahaha

13. ip4weather

ip4weather Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    game crash on iphone 5 ios 10.3.3...

14. paul.hendricks

paul.hendricks Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    I apologize, I didn’t catch that you were on 11.3.3. I’m on 12.01 currently, but did test through a couple of iOS versions. Regardless, 10tons will fix the issue, if it can be fixed. I’ve tested for them for years, and their support is some of the best out there.

sebgo likes this.
  15. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

I'm actually more concerned about the double tapping on virtual sticks and hoping for the addition of a dedicated ability button, than improving performance. After all, as I said before, it's not like a permanent/persistent issue but something that happens at times of heavy action.

Also, if it gets too bad, lowering quality settings should do the trick and reduce the chance of performance being affected until an update patches it.

In terms of iOS, "I can't" update to a more recent version at the moment and it's not like I'd do that for improving performance of a single game. It's just not worth losing the benefits my current version offers me and many other games work properly anyway.

It's amazing you got the chance to test this game before official release! I was super hyped when the release date was finally defined and, so far, I've enjoyed the game.

16. Killerluffy246

Killerluffy246 Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2014
    Asia
    Hi 10tons, I am currently playing the game on my iphone 5. The game runs well on low settings on the first two tutorial. However, the fps drops to like 5-10fps in the tutorial mission where I faced my first cthulu. Can you please check on this issue ?

17. Lull4by

Lull4by Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    I believe the game is more friendly for iPhone 6s later devices, even my iPhone 7 plus need to set low quality for 60 FPS all the time.

18. ip4weather

ip4weather Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    that means devs need to optimize there game,it must work with high quality on ip7 plus and up....

19. Lull4by

Lull4by Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    If I want to set it to medium on my iPhone7 plus, I need to turn off every effect in performance like post-processing, Bloom, FXAA and some effects in gameplay like gore and screen shake, then the game will stay in 60 FPS 80% of the time, but the game was still lag in 2 situations: 1. Too many monsters in the screen and 2. Nuke bomb exploded, hope it help developer to optimize the game.