Universal Tesla vs Lovecraft (10tons Ltd) - MOAR twin stick shooters for the Twin Stick God!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by 10tonsLtd, Feb 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 10tonsLtd

10tonsLtd Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Tesla vs Lovecraft is an epic clash of metal and tentacles! Play as Nikola Tesla and wield hi-tech weapons to eradicate eldritch abomination minions of H.P. Lovecraft. Seal the deal with the immense firepower of the Tesla-Mech battle robot!

Whew, now that's a heck of an opener.

We've released Tesla vs Lovecraft on Steam to much success (record success for our fair studio), and we're currently working on the console (PS4, Xbox One, Switch) versions. After we're done with those, it's time to let loose the mobile version. Here we'll be leading with iOS as per usual. This is precisely the same marching order as we've had with Neon Chrome, Time Recoil, and most recently JYDGE. Which have been pretty popular!

Tesla vs Lovecraft is an arena type twin stick shooter, somewhat akin to Crimsonland. Or a lot actually, except in TvsL the levels have actual features like buildings, other obstacles, and terrain. The game also comes with two highlight features, which are the Quantum Teleport and Tesla-Mech.

Quantum Teleport allows you to teleport a short distance, through anything. It gives the game a nice vibe, as it allows you to take silly risks. The teleport holds three charges which regenerate, so you can do a maximum burst of three teleports in quick succession.

The Tesla-Mech works so that there's always a mech piece to be collected somewhere on the level, and once you collect six, you can activate the mech for a massive firepower boost for 20 seconds. And I mean massive, Tesla-Mech is a hoot. Until it explodes all over again, scattering the parts all over the level to be collected again.

We don't have any kind of firm release date for iOS, but let's hazard a guess of Q2. Stay tuned! We will be asking for help with beta test.

Oh, trailer:

Haegin and Liquid Sunshine Labs like this.
  2. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
  3. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    Well that looks suitably mental.

I like the sound of “Until it explodes all over again, scattering the parts all over the level to be collected again.” as a gameplay mechanic.

Splendid work.

4. Saucepolicy

Saucepolicy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 18, 2009
    Crispy ex-game developer
    The exploding mech is their risk-reward mechanic, to keep the player always moving. So the game loop is 1) shred the playfield in the mech 2) clear paths and evade enemies with handguns and teleport while you pick up the mech pieces again 3) rinse, repeat.

I've been playing the Steam version and it's the most straighforward of their games since Crimsonland. Despite the awesome setting, it didn't click with me. Not a slight on the developer, I just prefer some level of tactical play in my shooters, and find Neon Chrome scratches that itch. It's a great score-chaser, especially endless mode.

5. speedyph

speedyph 🌊🌊🌊🏃🏃😂😂😂⚡️⚡️⚡️

Feb 3, 2013
    Awesome

Looks amazing #

6. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Sick

Every game you guys do is awesome.

7. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    The reviews at Steam were quite positive. It is also expected in ios.

Science vs Literature is interesting. :D

8. boydstr

boydstr Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2016
    Male
    Gamer
    Netherlands
    #8 boydstr, Feb 26, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
    Looks promising!
    I liked Neon Chrome and still playing it this new game looks great and hope to play it soon.

9. rezn

rezn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 8, 2014
    Male
    Coder/Keyer in medical ICD 10
    Reno, NV
    Ready when you are! Still playing this daily on Steam.

10. katastrophic88

katastrophic88 Active Member

Nov 7, 2017
    I love it. The trailer is wicked!

11. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    Very much looking forward to the day this arrives.

12. deresi

deresi Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2018
    I heard that it was also released on Nintendo switch after the PC version. It will also be released in ios soon, right? If there is a pre-order event like last time, I'll order it right away. I'm looking forward to it.:)

13. Erpiotta5

Erpiotta5 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Need this game now on Ios #### I say the same on 10tons facebook page

14. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    Ooooh, didn't know this was coming to iOS! Love Lovecraft and twin stick shooters - looking forward to this!

15. Sakakiyuya88

Sakakiyuya88 Member

Apr 10, 2018
    oooooo this looks fun!! I might buy this on iOS instead of Switch (unless the Switch version supports touch controls).

16. 10tonsLtd

Mar 10, 2009
    #16 10tonsLtd, May 18, 2018
    Last edited: May 18, 2018
    Okay, we are nearing the beta testing phase!

If you'd like to participate, please Sign Up!

I can't guarantee that everyone who signs up makes it to the beta phase as we'll be drawing randomly as many as we need.

17. Erpiotta5

Erpiotta5 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    already registered for the pc version, I can not wait to buy it for iphone, plaese send me a beta invite

18. 10tonsLtd

Mar 10, 2009
    Hi, I recommend that you sign up again with the same mail address (or a new one, if you forgot which address you used) so that you can check that "iOS" checkbox to be eligible. We are sending beta invites soon.

19. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Like all of your other games, this looks epic!

Pumped

20. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    Fantastic stuff!

I can’t seem to submit TestFlight feedback. :confused:

There’s a lot to get to grips with and I’m looking forward to it.
    2 things stand out immediately:

The player character orientation remains static regardless of the direction of movement.
    Neon, JYDGE and TR had the character facing the direction of travel (unless firing). This is by far the more natural feeling option to me.

The jet pack is very easy to accidentally activate. (Other, less inept players will doubtless be fine!)

I’ve very clearly not scratched the surface but it already feels like it may lean a lot more towards Crimsonland than the others!?
    I know there’s a lot more to see; pretty excited.