Universal Tesla Force (by 10tons)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Aug 19, 2021.

1. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

I got the option to choose between twin stick and auto aim when I first started the game. It mentioned something about an aim assist. Maybe if you uncheck ‘twin stick’ in the options it will help? The only things I changed were that I chose twin stick controls and turned off the bloom effect.

2. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    @Anotherkellydown wont turning off twin stick definitely make it auto aim? My problem was I feel like the targeting is a bit off and it doesn’t seem to go where I want it to go all of the time and feels like it jumps target itself.

Played a bit more now and made it to the first boss and it feels slightly better after use but still feels off.

That aside I’m enjoying the game more though after my last play and look forward to playing more!

Anotherkellydown likes this.
  3. Anotherkellydown

Yeah, that would seem to be the case. I thought maybe you weren’t sure how to change to auto aim but I see you were just wanting to figure out the twin stick issues. I only played a few levels before work yesterday and I didn’t notice any issues. I’m sure that’s because I didn’t play it long enough.

I prefer these kinds of games on a big screen with a controller. Everything seems a bit small, but there’s really nothing I can think of that could be changed or made better. Next time I play it will be with my old MFi controller as I haven’t figured out (or even tried to figure out) how to use an Xbox controller. At the very least I’d need some kind of holding device that hooked from the controller to the phone.

ste86uk likes this.
  4. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Connecting an XBox or PS4 controller is easy, and phone brackets work fine. But if you are interested in making controllers a bigger part of your iPhone gaming, I would recommend investing on a Backbone One. It’s a little pricy ($99), but it’s the closest thing to a handheld console experience on the platform (and frankly, it’s a better controller than what you get on a Switch Lite). The one button Backbone software is the clincher for me.

BTW Tesla Force fully supports the Backbone One, though it has not quite made it to the software catalogue yet.

Anotherkellydown and ste86uk like this.
  5. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    @squarezero do switch pro controllers work for iPhone or if they do are they good? That’s all I have but may buy one for it if they don’t work.

After playing Dead Cells on switch with it, it was so much better than touch so for some games I think it would be a benefit. Although then I wonder if I should just play them on switch instead if I’m making the effort to have a controller for my phone.

6. Anotherkellydown

I went ahead and bought one on Amazon :)

squarezero likes this.
  7. elcrazy

elcrazy Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2017
    So I broke out my old MAD CATZ controller to try it out with this game. It worked great for the game but for me it losses some appeal or feel. I’m so weird like that. I just don’t love controllers with iPhone games. Control issues still seemed a bit off anyways. I do like that with controller auto fire isn’t really auto fire. It makes it a true twin stick. You don’t have to hold any buttons just directions. If you are suing a controller turn auto fire on to see what I mean. That was cool. I will maybe play it more to get used to it on controller. I propped my phone on a switch stand while watching movie on iPad (I always watch and play these days lol). I used to like the mad catz because it would hold my phone on top. Anyways I’m still at level one lol. Guess I’m terrible. What are you guys upgrading ? How much did you play before beating level 1 ? I still haven’t played that much as in playing so many games lol

8. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Sorry — forgot to answer this. No, you can’t use a a Switch pro controller with iOS. XBox and PS controllers work fine.

ste86uk likes this.
  9. elcrazy

Sep 19, 2017
    #29 elcrazy, Aug 23, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2021
    Went back at it today…… Without controller. Beat the first boss Fort time reaching it. Had so many perks was awesome. Such a fun game. Unlocked so much in that run including a new character for finally getting 125 batteries in one run. Still lots to discover. This one is so much better then the first. I can still see it possibly biting out as it can be a bit repetitive lol. But the unlocks and upgrades really make you want to keep playing. I look forward to going back now and trying out the farm.

Update: Just finished my first run on the farm. Got to the boss but died. Missed getting the next character by 4 crystals lol. Had 146 on that run. Booo-urns I say lol.

Make sure you upgrade the perk slots after opening one or two. They have three levels each. The silver and The gold level (tier 2 and tier 3) are so good.

ste86uk likes this.
  10. elcrazy

Sep 19, 2017
    Now that was a blast. This was my second attempt at level two since last time I played game (and I see I posted lol). I beat the second level with ease. Think I was a bit overpowered lol. On to the third area sometime tomorrow. Sad there are only three levels lol.

Only had one crystal at the start. Unlocked next character by getting 150 in a run. Got 160 on that one. Now that I think about it Upgrades are about to slow down. So I’m guessing new games plus will add some fun to keep going.

Attached Files:

11. Anotherkellydown

This is much better with my new Backbone ;)
    So are a lot of games for that matter.
    4883B30D-E406-429B-AD1A-9A8F748E2562.jpeg E524F507-89E4-43AF-B172-728734E14133.jpeg

Jackaluk, elcrazy and Boardumb like this.
  12. Jackaluk

Jackaluk Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Is it just me, playing on an iPad Pro 11” M1. Quite a lot of slow down at points! Would have thought the M1 could handle this game with ease! Oh well, will have to turn some settings down!